As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Goers: NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!

Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
Turns out we only have TWO memory cards for Gamecube.

WE NEED GAMECUBE MEMORY CARDS!!!!!!! If you have one, bring it. Make sure it's labeled if possible. I'll bring some labels of my own just in case.

If we have at least 10 or so, we should be fine. If you bring one, report to the console room after 9am. I'll be doing final registration and setup at the table right inside on the left.

Born to Duck
Zig21 on

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    I'm a tad curious, enlighten me as to the use of our memory cards in the Gamecube tourneys.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    We need them for Smash Bros. mainly. Because a large number of tourney-legal characters and stages need to be unlocked, we'll need to copy a fully completed file (which we have) onto multiple memory cards.

The problem isn't lacking cards for all 32 systems, as you can just load it right before the tourney and leave the system on. The problem is that, with only 2 cards, it would take forever to prepare for the tourney.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I imagine so all the characters and levels are unlocked. If I'm correct, why can't you guys just start each console, one by one, with the game and memory card inside it. Then remove the memory card and move onto the nxt console. Beyond the initial load, there's no need for the card.

Edit: Wow, late by mere seconds. Zig, you're a bastard ;) Oh, and how's that Pandora Tomorrow question coming? :P

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    I asked Doc about it. He says no glitches, if that's a sufficient answer. :? Sorry, I just don't know the game that well to answer you myself.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    I've got one with mostly everything unlocked if you need it...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    edit: I have one it's in my backpack and I'll drop it off around 10 probably

futility on
  • Options
    BongoBongo Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Ive got one, but my SMBM save had to be restarted. But its yours to use nontheless.

Bongo on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    If you've got a save with all characters and stages, that's great. If not, be aware that we WILL save over whatever Smash data you may have. If you have a problem with that, don't lend us your card.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Options
    BongoBongo Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Not a problem for me. Long as I can help out.

Bongo on
  • Options
    YagiYagi Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    2 memory cards is more than enough. basically you just need one. when you start up the gamecube use the memory card, once it loads then take it out. repeat for all gamecubes. :P

Yagi on
  • Options
    EquivokeEquivoke Registered User new member
    edited August 2004
    Yagi wrote:
    2 memory cards is more than enough. basically you just need one. when you start up the gamecube use the memory card, once it loads then take it out. repeat for all gamecubes. :P

This has been addressed, more cards = less time preparing.

Equivoke on
This discussion has been closed.