As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metal Gear: 4

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    RAY
    Stilts wrote: »
    and boom divine wind

anyone around to bang out these versus mode trophies

I can when I get back home from shopping with my mom

OK

you don't actually have to do anything, you just have to join the lobby and then let your PS3 sit for a few hours

@ me when you're ready

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    I'd help but I won't be home until tonight

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end

why can't you just let the world be you Big Bully

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    REX
    Stilts wrote: »
    and boom divine wind

anyone around to bang out these versus mode trophies

I can when I get back home from shopping with my mom

so sometimes I read too fast and I did not read that as "shopping"

reading comprehension! it helps!

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I can get my ps3 up and running in like six hours

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    https://youtu.be/Ot35bqhvWoI

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    REX
    What
    How did I never know there even was a record for that

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What
    How did I never know there even was a record for that

When it popped up I went, "Yeah....yeah of course there's a record system for that....how did I not realize this..."

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    REX
    -Tal wrote: »
    I'm guessing Huey's getting tortures in the trailers because they start to suspect that he deliberately set them up so that xof could break them

ground zeroes
    the evidence against him is not unfounded

big boss and kaz wanted to reject the inspection but huey hastily sent an acceptance letter without their permission

then, he apparently made it out of the attack unscathed

skull face says "the scientist was our way in" which could mean that huey inadvertently let them in by sending the letter just because he really believed in the IAEA prasing them as the poster boys of world peace, but I don't know man
    Maybe Huey suddenly realised that helping 2 supermercs and their private army become a nuclear power was a bad move. I mean sure, building giant weapons is one thing, but seeing them suddenly steal a nuke and mount it on his creation might just have been a step too far for him.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    it wouldn't surprise me if S Ranks are super difficult to get without the no-kill bonus

It's a 5000 point bonus, this is what the point scale can look like http://i.imgur.com/Si5aaId.jpg

Looks like it's gonna be the alerts that'll tank the score right quick. I'm curious to see what the bonus score for the
    Perfect Stealth, No Kill is.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The points for headshots and takedowns make me wonder how holdups will be scored. It would be weird if they were the least point efficient. That screenshot may not show everything though

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    REX
    I finally started playing Ground Zeroes on my own last night after having it on my Xbox since.... around when it released.

It's really, really fun. But you all know that!

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    The points for headshots and takedowns make me wonder how holdups will be scored. It would be weird if they were the least point efficient. That screenshot may not show everything though

I've been wondering about how time is scored

If you take your time, but don't kill anyone or get any alerts, is that worse than killing a few people to save thirty seconds or so

I think it would be, but who knows? It seems like Ground Zeroes scores differently than Phantom Pain

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    RAY
    one thing i will say about peace walker is that in the standard missions it's a lot more straightforward on how you get an s rank

do it under this time without any kills or detections

nice quick and to the point

the PP system is a lot harder to figure out

which is probably because they want to make s ranking possible for a variety of play styles but still

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    You actually can get some kills/alerts in the main GZ mission and still s rank it

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    REX
    One thing I would like is if PP actually gave you the score breakpoints, like get 30k for A, 23k for B etc once you have cleared a given mission. It would make it a lot more friendly to know how close you are getting. Case in point it took me a fair few goes to get Jamis Vu S ranked, but I've no idea how much leeway I had once I got there. Was my time good enough to eat a reflex or not? It's a mystery!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I'm going to try hard to not worry about ranking for my first time through missions and live with whatever shit goes down. I'll probably try and be sneaky and obsessively neutralize and extract every enemy in however much time that takes, but if stuff starts popping off not hesitate to take out the lethal weapons

Steam ID
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I S ranked that extract intel guy mission the other night.

That stun revolver is to stronk. One shotting dudes from 50 meters away with body shots.

If there are more non-lethal weapons as good as that one in TPP I might not be going lethal very often after all.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    RAY
    one thing i will say about peace walker is that in the standard missions it's a lot more straightforward on how you get an s rank

do it under this time without any kills or detections

nice quick and to the point

the PP system is a lot harder to figure out

which is probably because they want to make s ranking possible for a variety of play styles but still

It's kinda like the Revengeance ranking system in that way.

I remember Chip Cheezum saying that--for some battles--it's way easier to go for one type of bonus over another (like time vs zandatsus).

I appreciate that PP's system is designed to be more flexible.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    new ranking system proposal:

hideo kojima teleconferences in and watches your mission performance with the power of transfarring

if he likes your style, you get an s-rank

repeat fifty more times and he confers upon you the rank of 'Big S'

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    RAY
    I have a peace walker lobby running if anyone wants to help me get Vic Vos

just gotta join the lobby and then let your PS3 sit

as long as you're not using your PS3 it's no skin off your back at all!

• Options
    number13number13 Registered User regular
    So I was watching a stream of someone messing around at Mother Base and heard this little dialogue gem with Ocelot...

Spoilers for those who want to stay completely in the dark. Nothing story related.
    A soldier was at the shooting range and was trying to show off the same way Ocelot did in MGS3 and Ocelot gave him the speech Snake gave him.

2w3e5cp.jpg
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    number13 wrote: »
    So I was watching a stream of someone messing around at Mother Base and heard this little dialogue gem with Ocelot...

Spoilers for those who want to stay completely in the dark. Nothing story related.
    A soldier was at the shooting range and was trying to show off the same way Ocelot did in MGS3 and Ocelot gave him the speech Snake gave him.

more fun mother base things
    N59wmyp.jpg

• Options
    RAY
    really just confirms my suspicions that
    mother base is nothing but a giant nonstop orgy

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    RAY

Nah, (Peace Walker spoiler?)
    sometimes it's a football match.

They sure do some goofy shit for a group of mercenaries, huh.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular

Looks like standard military shenanigans to me! Just less scrotum's resting on shoulders and coffee mugs. That may just be a sub thing.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »

Looks like standard military shenanigans to me! Just less scrotum's resting on shoulders and coffee mugs. That may just be a sub thing.

It is not.

• Options
    RAY
    looking at trophies on my ps4

apparently less than half of the people who played ground zeroes finished the main mission

that seems crazy to me

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    It's like literally two hours long at most if you're not very good at the game and/or you really want to explore the base/be sneaky.

• Options
    My guess is a lot of that is folks who got it free from ps+ who tried it just long enough to see what it was

Steam ID
  • Options
    RAY
    meanwhile 1.9% of all peace walker players got the platinum trophy

which is obviously not a big number but i'm shocked that it's even as big as it is

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Joke Option Shagohad
    When the Platinum rate is even close to 1%, that means either a very easy Platinum or a playerbase of insane people

And we know what this one is

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    REX
    Jeez I guess Greg Miller has uploaded like 4 or 5 missions on his Youtube account

I'm... I'm just gonna watch one
    Just one!

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Jeez I guess Greg Miller has uploaded like 4 or 5 missions on his Youtube account

I'm... I'm just gonna watch one
    Just one!

So far it mostly overlaps with the gameplay videos that have already been shown off. Only the second video, which shows off mission 1 (they were uploaded out of order), has something spoilery near the end which you may want to skip if you want to experience a cool moment blind.

Today's episode was a mission that hasn't been shown before, but it's pretty generic and short so it doesn't really spoil much

Edit: the cinematic at the start of the first episode, for mission 2, you may also want to skip. It just contextualizes lines that have already been heard in trailers, but they talk all over it which may tarnish the experience for you

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    RAY
    man

i'm messin' around in vs. mode a bit whlie boosting my camaraderie and now I'm remembering how much of a blast MGO in MGS4 was

it had all kinds of cool stuff, like if you stayed close to someone else your nanomachines would sync up, and once you split up your radar would expand to include information form their radar

and one super awesome mode where one player played as Snake against a whole team of guards, and he had to steal each player's dog tags before they killed him like three times

If it hadn't been locked behind konami's god-awful online system i would have played that game to death

so i'm actually really looking forward to phantom pain's MGO

• Options
    REX
    Speed you S ranked it
    what are you still even doing

• Options
    RAY
    Speed you S ranked it

i'm one trophy short of the platinum

I'm a big boss but i'm not yet a vic boss

besides this is nothing other than setting up a lobby, having stilts join it, and leaving it to sit running for a few hours

• Options
    RAY
    the funny thing is that if they had named the platinum trophy pretty much anything else i would not have felt compelled to get it

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    RAY
    Speed you S ranked it

i'm one trophy short of the platinum

I'm a big boss but i'm not yet a vic boss

besides this is nothing other than setting up a lobby, having stilts join it, and leaving it to sit running for a few hours

This is easily the dumbest thing I've ever done for you

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MGO2 was the first and really the only online multiplayer game I got significantly invested in

when you got the right group of people together doing tourney TSNE it was a thing of beauty

there's really, truly nothing out there that's quite like metal gear online, I hope the new edition can preserve its spirit while bringing all the login and matchmaking stuff in line with the rest of games today

and also that it will survive past like, Q1 2016

uc3ufTB.png
This discussion has been closed.