As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THE STEAM SALE CANNOT BE STOPPED. UPDATE: IT STOPPED.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Everyone keeps missing the truly offensive thing in those Arkham Knight images

That one email message spells it B@man, and I can never unsee that

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    monsterror wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever got around to playing Quest for Glory 5. The last one I remember playing for a fact was 3, but I'm pretty sure I also beat 4?

Edit: ok just watched some gameplay. I definitely played 5, but don't really remember it at all.

5 was definitely the low point for me.

The original demo was really cool it still had a separate look command, similar to the one in the old games, in addition to the use command and there was a ton of narrated descriptions of stuff in the capital that was just axed out of the finished game. Also how you could actually play as Elsa Von Spielberg instead of the Hero.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever got around to playing Quest for Glory 5. The last one I remember playing for a fact was 3, but I'm pretty sure I also beat 4?

Edit: ok just watched some gameplay. I definitely played 5, but don't really remember it at all.

The original demo was really cool it still had a separate look command, similar to the one in the old games, in addition to the use command and there was a ton of narrated descriptions of stuff in the capital that was just axed out of the finished game. Also how you could actually play as Elsa Von Spielberg instead of the Hero.

There was another game like this way back in the day, and now it's gonna drive me nuts trying to remember.

I just remember, a demo of a game made it's rounds, and had a few great features in it, that weren't in final game. But, since this was still the pre -internet era, everyone thought it MUST be unlockable somehow, and everyone went nuts for months trying to unlock content that didn't exist.

And I cannot remember what game!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    parallel parking is definitely intimidating and rough if you haven't had much opportunity to practice it. I scraped more than a couple bumpers and got a ticket for being parked too far out into the street in my six months of regular commuting.

I recommend looking for wider spaces until you feel confident even if you have to go a few blocks further away, the pressure to take a narrow space that's closer when you have passengers sucks though.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

There was another game like this way back in the day, and now it's gonna drive me nuts trying to remember.

I just remember, a demo of a game made it's rounds, and had a few great features in it, that weren't in final game. But, since this was still the pre -internet era, everyone thought it MUST be unlockable somehow, and everyone went nuts for months trying to unlock content that didn't exist.

And I cannot remember what game!

The 5 Demo even had multiplayer! I still have a game magazine somewhere that talked about how you'd have to team up to beat the hyrda in the story.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    parallel parking is definitely intimidating and rough if you haven't had much opportunity to practice it. I scraped more than a couple bumpers and got a ticket for being parked too far out into the street in my six months of regular commuting.

I recommend looking for wider spaces until you feel confident even if you have to go a few blocks further away, the pressure to take a narrow space that's closer when you have passengers sucks though.

That being said. if you have passengers, you also have ready made helpers/spotters/noisemaker traffic cones.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ... speedbumps...

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hey @Langly thank you for the copy of Bully! I've been meaning to play this for years

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Her Story:
    I could have sworn both Hannah and Eve claimed to be in Glasgow the night of the killing. I know there are at least two different days where she was talking about Glasgow.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    My car parallel parks itself. I just push a button and do the shifting. The future is now!

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I think I've been planning on buying a new video card for a good two months now. And given that Batman has come out all janky I think I'm just going to keep putting it off for a while, and then one day treat myself to a superclocked 980 Ti.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    I think I've been planning on buying a new video card for a good two months now. And given that Batman has come out all janky I think I'm just going to keep putting it off for a while, and then one day treat myself to a superclocked 980 Ti.

I've been wanting to upgrade for awhile but I'm waiting for the consumer Oculus Rift before doing so.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    captaink wrote: »
    Her Story:
    I could have sworn both Hannah and Eve claimed to be in Glasgow the night of the killing. I know there are at least two different days where she was talking about Glasgow.

Her Story spoilers
    the final "story" is that eve and hannah had a tiff and eve went to glasgow while hannah stayed there. Hannah uses that as her alibi (under direction from eve), but later eve admits to the whole thing and names hannah as the murderer.

but there's no real need for glasgow to even keep hannah/eve from killing simon and being the same person. she could have killed him, freaked out, gone to glasgow, and then come back and cleaned up.

Langly on
  • Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Her Story:

Her Story spoilers
    the final "story" is that eve and hannah had a tiff and eve went to glasgow while hannah stayed there. Hannah uses that as her alibi (under direction from eve), but later eve admits to the whole thing and names hannah as the murderer.

but there's no real need for glasgow to even keep hannah/eve from killing simon and being the same person. she could have killed him, freaked out, gone to glasgow, and then come back and cleaned up.
    Obviously the figured out the alibi a bit hurriedly. Hannah has the bruise and two days later Eve gets sent in, wearing red, to cover the alibi since she was the one who actually drove so she could be truthful about the trip. They did not have time to practice as the cops mention the bruise and Eve touches the wrong side of her face. That is also the day that she gets sick and admits to being pregnant.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Oh

Oh no

Is it pronounced

you-be-soft

or

oo-be-soft????

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    My car parallel parks itself. I just push a button and do the shifting. The future is now!

Get back to work, Jetson!

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    weebeesoft

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Oh

Oh no

Is it pronounced

you-be-soft

or

oo-be-soft????

you-be-soft

They're French.

• Options
    Oh

Oh no

Is it pronounced

you-be-soft

or

oo-be-soft????

Oddly enough, it's pronounced Franklin

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I kind of say it between 'you' and 'oo'. It's not a hard 'you', but it's there is a soft 'y' sound at the start.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Oh

Oh no

Is it pronounced

you-be-soft

or

oo-be-soft????

It's pronounced ウビソフト

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Übisoft

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Wait, I know this one. It's pronounced "fish," right?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Throatwarbler Mangrove is the proper pronunciation.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    No YOU be soft

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Übisoft

so kind of like "ee-bee-soft"?

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Erberserft.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    No YOU be soft

One step ahead of ya

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Oh

Oh no

Is it pronounced

you-be-soft

or

oo-be-soft????

you-be-soft

They're French.

https://youtu.be/A8yjNbcKkNY

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    Übisoft

It's more like ̭̺ʇ̘̥̙̮̰̠͖ɟ̡ɹ̳̭̹̮̻͓҉0̯̣̤̼z̞̠͖ͅ1q҉ü

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    Übisoft

It's more like ̭̺ʇ̘̥̙̮̰̠͖ɟ̡ɹ̳̭̹̮̻͓҉0̯̣̤̼z̞̠͖ͅ1q҉ü

[dental click]-tr-zero-zl-kee? No wonder you don't hear it pronounced correctly often.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Doesn't seem to mention much about when Iron Galaxy got their hands on it, I'm still really curious to see if that rumor about them only having 2 months for it was legit.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Can I just get a car that when I need to parallel park I just pull up to the spot, the wheels turn sideways (including the back) and I just roll on in?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    There are luxury cars that sport the 'auto parallel park' feature but I have no idea how they work for real when there's other traffic around

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to mention much about when Iron Galaxy got their hands on it, I'm still really curious to see if that rumor about them only having 2 months for it was legit.

It was mentioned in the comments of the article but the way they got that number is looking at when Steam integration was added into the game so it's incredibly unreliable.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »

It was mentioned in the comments of the article but the way they got that number is looking at when Steam integration was added into the game so it's incredibly unreliable.

Ah, that's too bad. Would have added another layer of ridiculousness to the whole story.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Can I just get a car that when I need to parallel park I just pull up to the spot, the wheels turn sideways (including the back) and I just roll on in?

Yes but you have to be an astronaut.

i.imgur.com/6QFc4Ml.gif

This discussion has been closed.