As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THE STEAM SALE CANNOT BE STOPPED. UPDATE: IT STOPPED.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I had two people with sniper rifles so cyberzombie was easy but kind of boring because of the number of enemies

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hmm. Gearbox just announced a Borderlands movie.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I mean I hope that would be CG, at least.

Not that I really want to see a Borderlands movie regardless, but.

I'll watch it, but I certainly won't get my hopes up. I don't even know what it would be about that isn't covered in one of the games.

Gearbox always has such good music for all their stuff.

• Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    So the Humble Bundle store is having an end of summer sale. https://www.humblebundle.com/store
    Stealth Inc 2 is free until August 31. There's also a couple build your own bundles. Telltale one is 80% off when you get 3 games, 83% off for 4, and 85% off for 5.

Also both Poker Nights are only a dollar. I was just gonna get Game of Thrones/Tales from the Borderlands/400 days, but found that adding both of those to bump the discount to 85% lowered the price below what it was without them.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Hmm. Gearbox just announced a Borderlands movie.

Here is a link to some perhaps not terribly reassuring info about it, courtesy of PMAvers in the Borderlands thread:
    PMAvers wrote: »
    CATCH A RIDE... to the silver screen.

Apparently Lionsgate is developing a Borderlands movie.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Oh hey, Humble Bundle now has a huge range of charities that you can choose from.

k3cZeV8.png

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Avi Arad's producing. That's not a good sign.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Randy Pitchford said it will probably be R-rated, so that's something? At least?

edited August 2015
    TRIBES IS BACK SORTA
    (CEO of Hi-Rez)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/3irx1u/tribes_will_be_getting_a_new_map_and_some_other/cuj65um (Dev post)
    HiRezStew wrote:
    A little more context since Erez decided to spoil on Twitter.

We have a very small but passionate team working on some changes to Tribes that we hope the community will respond to positively. This team is led by HirezSean, who was highly involved at all levels on the initial Ascend project, and one of the lifelong Tribes fans that initially lobbied for us to acquire the Tribes franchise in 2010.

Our plan is to release a very early version of some of our changes to a public test server as soon as we can (hopefully within a couple weeks). We expect this version to be very raw from many perspectives, especially from a balance angle -- but we know the Tribes community is passionate and will help us test out the changes and provide the feedback we need to get the changes into a shippable state.

This is a passion project for us. If we are able to make any money from it, that is great -- but it is not our expectation going in. There is a group of us that still love playing the game regularly -- and we want to leave the game in a better state than it is now, and provide something that all of us can keep playing for years to come.

One of the biggest changes we are contemplating and want to test on PTS is the consolidation to only 3 main classes -- Light, Medium and Heavy -- harkening back to Tribes 2. This may wind up being a bigger rathole than our small team can absorb -- but our early testing is promising, and we at least want to give you all the ability to test this on PTS and decide as a community whether its something you want us to keep in the game.

We also have a list of bugs and other cleanups we are working on, and are looking closely at some changes to the unlock and progression system that we think will make the game more attractive to players new and old.

And, yes, we have a new map that we will ship as well.

Obviously, we can't promise how long we will maintain the game -- and given our history, I want to be very careful about oversetting expectations. If people don't like and respond to the changes as we make them, obviously, we will have to stop maintaining the game at some point. But I am hopeful we can get the game to a better spot that our hardcore Tribes community will really love and appreciate for a long time.

We will share some more information soon, and Sean will start to get engaged more in the community top make sure your input is being heard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/3isnab/an_introduction_is_in_order/ (Dev post)
    HiRezSean wrote:
    Hi everyone!
    Some of you may know me from way back when, but for those that don't:
    I've worked at Hi-Rez for almost 10 years now. More importantly, I was the Art Director for Tribes:Ascend. I was one of two people who suggested we create a Tribes game after Global Agenda. I’m very passionate about the entire Tribes series, but my love of the IP goes a little further back all the way to starsiege/earthsiege. It was a dream to get to work on such a great series. Quite a number of overtime hours were spent out of pure love of the game by many developers and myself. As the former Art Director I hope our love of the IP showed through the art in Tribes:Ascend.
    I know that it's been a long time since we have updated. We left Tribes in a rough shape for the veteran community. We will do our very best to make sure that community feedback is listened to and discussed. The Tribes team is a small group of passionate developers at Hi-Rez that really care about Tribes:Ascend and want it to be better. Speaking on a personal level, I feel like I'm home again.
    Moving forward we will be doing public tests of changes and then listening to community feedback to make sure it's moving the game in the right direction. I hope everyone will join us on our Public Test Server to give feedback and discuss these upcoming changes to the game. I will also take this opportunity to mention Lilmamacita will be joining the team to help out with community management!
    We are very excited about bringing Tribes support back, and look forward to hearing what everyone thinks.
    Thanks everyone, I'm sorry it's been so long.
    Sean McBride Creative Director Tribes:Ascend

Crippl3 on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I clicked on the Humble Sale to see what was up and saw the timed flash sale for Hunie Pop and thought to myself 'Hunie Pop, I remember the name came up a few times in the Steam Thread, but can't remember why it was a thing...' so I clicked on the trailer and now I remember why it was a thing.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    maybe this will shut up the "they abandoned tribes!" crowd (it won't)

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    maybe this will shut up the "they abandoned tribes!" crowd (it won't)

I have a sneaking suspicion that a large number of the "they abandoned tribes!" crowd is the same as the "they fucked up tribes!" crowd

So yeah smart money is on people still complaining

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Played a few hours of Mad Max

That game seems alright

Not super amazing or anything but plays totally solid and has the right grasp of the setting

Best thing in the time I played, by far, was harpooning dudes through the windshield of their cars and then reeling them in and cutting the line so they go flying

CYpGAPn.png
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    So the Humble Bundle store is having an end of summer sale. https://www.humblebundle.com/store
    Stealth Inc 2 is free until August 31. There's also a couple build your own bundles. Telltale one is 80% off when you get 3 games, 83% off for 4, and 85% off for 5.

Also both Poker Nights are only a dollar. I was just gonna get Game of Thrones/Tales from the Borderlands/400 days, but found that adding both of those to bump the discount to 85% lowered the price below what it was without them.

That is an amazing deal. I was planning to pick up GoT and TftB whenever they dropped down into the $15 range, but now I can grab them both, throw in both the Poker Nights and the first Puzzle Agent for just over 10 bucks!

steam_sig.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

That is an amazing deal. I was planning to pick up GoT and TftB whenever they dropped down into the $15 range, but now I can grab them both, throw in both the Poker Nights and the first Puzzle Agent for just over 10 bucks!

Ya this forced me to grab s2 of walking dead ( my poor soul, it still hasn't recovered from first) but now it has lighthearted ones to back it up with the borderlands and fables ones ( and then game of thrones for more soul punching) , then grabbed Back to future as a 6th, since was the cheapest of ones I wanted.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Yeah getting the Borderlands adventure (with the puzzle agent games) for 7.50 sounds great

BUT

Shadowrun, and Metal Gear...nopenopenope.
    While we're at it, let me share my favorite fanart I saw a few days ago (I'm avoiding the Metal Gear thread, too risky)
    1oGlNsk.jpg

I'm really tempted to make an av/sig combo out of this

e: done! This'll do, I think.
    e2: sig's too tall. On it

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I can't make out the chat on that lowres image
    e: okay, shift-click opened the larger version on the twitter site.

Eh, es far as twitch chat goes, that is preeeetty tame

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Come play The Secret World, the community there is friendly and welcoming and we love helping people new to the game.

Mr. G wrote: »

Extra weird, because I hop onto Gw2 every once in a while and reroll a character, and usually every high level I run into is very nice, and usually just showers me with gold and armor.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    twitch chat was probably just full of internet comedians as usual rather than any real sentiment

BahamutZERO.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i also feel like "treat new players kindly" is a bit of a one-off line that doesn't really deserve applause

liEt3nH.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The Secret World was amazing and I should really try to get back into it, even If my choice of doing a fire/blood magic build did make things harder for myself as a compulsive soloer.

Extra weird, because I hop onto Gw2 every once in a while and reroll a character, and usually every high level I run into is very nice, and usually just showers me with gold and armor.

The dungeon scene isn't great, and sometimes WvW can get heated. Map chat (aka general chat) hasn't been very good in a lot of zones, but most of the time people are fine. I've seen way more vitriol online than I ever have in-game, though I haven't logged in for a long time.

Crippl3 wrote: »

The dungeon scene isn't great, and sometimes WvW can get heated. Map chat (aka general chat) hasn't been very good in a lot of zones, but most of the time people are fine. I've seen way more vitriol online than I ever have in-game, though I haven't logged in for a long time.

Like if we really want to talk awful , I got sucked backed into WoW recently, and it takes approximately 1 second of being in a zone that gets tradechat, to be just disgusted by trade chat, every time.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    so did anybody here actually sell the data from project bloodline

because if so

what the fuck

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

because if so

what the fuck

I forgot to get it interpreted

Then I reloaded for something else and was reminded of that objective

Then I promptly deleted it

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

because if so

what the fuck

I think even in my dickbag run I didn't sell that data

Like, that was the run in which I (late game spoilers)
    freed APEX and gave it Feurschwinge's body to inhabit

Aistan wrote: »
    The Secret World was amazing and I should really try to get back into it, even If my choice of doing a fire/blood magic build did make things harder for myself as a compulsive soloer.

A ele/blood solo build for you!

That's a more advanced build that requires a lot of AP to put together though. If you're still starting out in the game, this ele/blood build should do the trick while you work on unlocking those outer wheel abilities.

I'm not sure I ever picked up all the bloodlines data. that's for SHOCKWNWEILER?

Jars wrote: »
    I'm not sure I ever picked up all the bloodlines data. that's for SHOCKWNWEILER?

you get it at the terminal that the blood mage is at

you gotta hack it in the matrix first to access it

you need all 3 pieces I think. I know I hacked into that because you get some karma for undoing all the locks, but there's some piece I miss every time

Jars wrote: »
    you need all 3 pieces I think. I know I hacked into that because you get some karma for undoing all the locks, but there's some piece I miss every time

theres another path that leads to the terminal

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I thought I bought the Secret World on Steam but it turns out I bought it on...I dunno. I own it though, as of like, three years ago

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    wow steam support is terrible.

my account has been locked due to someone trying to get in to it since Tuesday. I submitted a ticket on Tuesday with all the required information, and haven't even gotten a single response. There is no number you can call. This is a joke.

I thought I bought the Secret World on Steam but it turns out I bought it on...I dunno. I own it though, as of like, three years ago

Well, get your account set up and start playing it, Geebs! I bet there's still some Animorph-related character names that aren't taken.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular

because if so

what the fuck

dragonfall has a couple of options that make no sense to ever pick

like even if you're evil, just...why? it's not even a matter of morality, it's just dumb

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Well, get your account set up and start playing it, Geebs! I bet there's still some Animorph-related character names that aren't taken.

rqjjxf8brzbl.jpg

note: I have no idea if this is going to be playable on this trashy laptop

This discussion has been closed.