As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sub-Leasing a room

benz0rsbenz0rs Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
My on-campus apartment's lease being this June, but I won't be here till the academic year beings again. So I'm sub-leasing it out to someone else. Are there any legality forms I should know about?

What's involved in the process of sub-leasing? I leasing it out to the guy for the summer only.

benz0rs on

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    talk to your apartment manager/landlord. he should have all the paperwork you need.

Basically youll need to get the subleaser an application, he'll need to send it in for a credit check(usually costs like $50). Then just make sure he pays the rent and bills on time. You also might wanna striaghten out and bills like internet and energy to switch over in his name if you aren't gonna be there. He might have some troubles paying it when its in your name.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    benz0rsbenz0rs Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh the $ includes all the utilitiy bills and stuff since it's an on-campus apartment, which makes life a bit easier. I guess I'll have to stop by the apartment office for the sublease app.

benz0rs on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You might be best asking whether you're allowed to sub-let at all, it should be in your contract though but a lot of places just won't let you do it.

Rook on