As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] thread: Abandon all game completion, ye who backlog here.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Reposting for a new day. Glad that someone finally entered the giveaway for Dark Souls, one of my favorite games. I think I even like it over Dark Souls 2.
    This weekend marks my eleventh wedding anniversary, so I'm going to give away six games to you, the good people of the Penny Arcade G&T Adventure Team. The contests end at 22:00 on Saturday night, and I'll be sending the gift links through PMs on the forum.

You guys are great, and I'm glad that I've got the opportunity right now to give back.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Good luck!

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Thanks to @vamen for Startopia! Looks like an interesting game!

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    The part I didn't like about Dying Light was the night time missions that they forced you to do. I stopped when they forced me to do one to progress the plot. I should try to power through it though...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    The part I didn't like about Dying Light was the night time missions that they forced you to do. I stopped when they forced me to do one to progress the plot. I should try to power through it though...

Hint; The enemies can't see your flashlight. This makes things so much less tense. Still tense, just less so.

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »

Hint; The enemies can't see your flashlight. This makes things so much less tense. Still tense, just less so.

Okay, well that makes a bit of a difference. I thought the flashlight made me a snack beacon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    You're going to take survival help from the internet? Okay.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oh my goodness, I bought The Long Dark on a whim after watching 15 minutes of a stream and wound up playing it until 2:30 in the morning. Been a long time since that's happened.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular

I wish I hadn't learned this information =p

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, I bought The Long Dark on a whim after watching 15 minutes of a stream and wound up playing it until 2:30 in the morning. Been a long time since that's happened.

Anyone who hasn't bought The Long Dark should buy The Long Dark. It's so good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Ehrmagerd, gehrms

signature.png

signature.png

Open to PA G&T group peoples.

Bamp

• Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Corsini wrote: »
    signature.png
    But also
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    @CorriganX is a super bro and got me the new Rocket League DLC with 2 new awesome cars and a bunch of other stuff. I've been enjoying RL a lot lately even if I suck at it, thanks buddy! <3

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/-vyDq1WQ24I
    Not going to see the light of day but this is the sort of thing we woudl describe in the old days and initiating multiple chemical reactions in our redundant reproductive systems.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    @dashui Hey sir, I found a video of that Mad Max stream you missed. Enjoy!
    https://youtu.be/idsiK5mVjJ0

@RoyceSraphim - I would totally play the crap out of the FF7 brawler.

vamen on
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

Anyone who hasn't bought The Long Dark should buy The Long Dark. It's so good.

RUN TOWARDS THE NEAREST WOLF
    KILL IT WITH YOUR HANDS
    PATCH YOURSELF UP BEFORE YOU BLEED TO DEATH
    REPEAT

IT IS TIME FOR UNCLE/AUNTIE CANADA TO RECLAIM THIS LAND

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Is there a FNG tonight? Do enough of us own Rocket League to make that a thing that can happen tonight?

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Really? Well that's actually some very nice information! I'm much less wary of entering dark places if I've got some light.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    So much Rocket League talk. Maybe I should get that...seems like fun multi.

EDIT - Stop making me buy things, you guuuuuys. =p

vamen on
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I'm not going to be home for a few hours but a rocket league night sounds fantastic. If it's too last minute tonight we should definitely set one up soon.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Dying light seems really interesting to me for the parkour. But I'm not really super into zombies.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Halfway-ish through, the Parkour is superseded by a grappling hook that will just zip you to any ledge you point at.

Meanwhile, zombies are superseded by katanas (natch) that one-shot literally anything.

That's about where I stopped playing it.

Garthor on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    If you don't own Rocket League or Dying Light they are definitely in the "must own" category. The co-op in both really makes them shine.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Garthor wrote: »
    Halfway-ish through, the Parkour is superseded by a grappling hook that will just zip you to any ledge you point at.

Meanwhile, zombies are superseded by katanas (natch) that one-shot literally anything.

Geez now I really want to play it. I like the whole idea of flying around the night decapitating zombies at will.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    If you don't own Rocket League or Dying Light they are definitely in the "must own" category. The co-op in both really makes them shine.

I like Rocket League enough that I want to buy it on Steam even though I got it for free on PS4. Seriously, so good.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    I've seen lots of chatter about Subnautica. But has anyone played NEO AQUARIUM - The King of Crustaceans -?

ss_bee99dc6d070fdb94257bbeb291fa215003ef8fb.600x338.jpg?t=1434333932

Really, the top rated review says it all

ejz40t2e9eat.png

• Options
    I watched someone play that game and noooo, not happening.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »

What really.
    You know, I don't really get games that get you to learn a skill set and then make that skill set superfluous. Talk about wasting the players time.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Not long now!

mm4.gif

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I was in a bus that flipped over 17 times!

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So good news/bad news.

Bad news is I won't be able to do any sort of matching donation contest this year, so I'm going to need you guys to pick up the slack.

Good news is it's because money is a little tighter for the time being because I just bought a house, and my girlfriend just became my fiancé. :-D

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Not long now!

mm4.gif

I just watched it! The movie that is! I'm ready!

Also @Nobody sent me Rocket League... who used the secret, anonymous account! Darn you!!

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So good news/bad news.

Bad news is I won't be able to do any sort of matching donation contest this year, so I'm going to need you guys to pick up the slack.

Good news is it's because money is a little tighter for the time being because I just bought a house, and my girlfriend just became my fiancé. :-D

Congratulations Jragghen!

I'm familiar with buying one's first place and getting married. Both situations can be terrifying, but both can be the best decisions of your life.

If you're able to pay extra down on your home as soon as possible, keep up on maintenance, and eventually add value to your home it can take you from feeling "I don't know how to adult" to "I'm planning to really enjoy my retirement" before you know it. Similarly, if you make sure to constantly maintain your relationship and maintain yourself as a person, you can find the investment paying dividends year after year.

Edit: With any plan, you have to ride out short term fluctuations and focus on value and long term growth.

I come from a family of economists, so just roll with my metaphors.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Let it be known that @Mudzgut is a classy fellow of the highest order. Even if the class was delivered by underhanded means.

Sent me a box full of stuff, after using my own roommate to get the correct address. Unboxing video (which I didn't have a choice in making) to follow.

Thank you!

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Jragghen

Congrats!

The best (totally unasked for!) wedding advice I can offer is: A wedding (apart from the religious significance, if any for you) is a chance to throw a really good party for the people who mean the most in the world to you to help you celebrate your and yours' new life together. It's supposed to be fun, both to have and to plan, so if things start to stress you out too much, just take a step back and reevaluate what you're doing.

The wedding belongs to your and your fiancee; if someone else isn't putting up the money for something, feel free to listen to their suggestions but make your own decisions.

If you're going to blow some money, spending it on the honeymoon instead of the wedding is almost always the right decision. :D

And don't spend so much on the wedding that you put yourself in debt; that puts you off on the wrong foot, and in the years to come no-one important will care or remember that you had the regular stuff instead of $200-a-bottle champagne.

As someone celebrating 11 wonderful years and the recent birth of baby #2, I wish you all the happiness in the world together.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So good news/bad news.

Congratulations my good man, you must be on an enormous high right now - I'm happy that you've chosen to share this great news :biggrin:

Further to the comments made by @an_alt (this isn't the first time she's reconciled life to economics and I feel we're all richer for it), I'd like to make my own anecdotal observation that YNAB4 has been a positive influence on the relationship between my wife and I. With all the expenses you're about to juggle with a house purchase and engagement/wedding related stuff, we found it to be a very useful tool in rationalising and accruing expenses to save us from freaking out. It also had the added benefit of having my money and her money become our money - you're in this together now so you might as well be efficient about it.

I see that you already have it, so if you'd like to see a fleshed-out example of what we have to run a household I'd be more than happy to share.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    No worries about unsolicited advice :)

REAL LIFE STUFF
    I put down more than enough on the house (seriously, it was enough to buy a house in cash outright in a large portion of the country, and not a terrible house at that). But that's what I get for living in a rich suburb so we can both be 1.5 miles from work (SERIOUSLY CAN'T OVERSTATE HOW GREAT A SHORT COMMUTE IS). I'm not stressing out on value or anything like that (minored in econ, myself) - it's just definitely the largest expense I've ever had (and the first time I've ever been in any REAL debt). So our liquid cash is quite a bit down and will take a while to recover, but less time than you might think. Not living paycheck to paycheck or anything, though :) Basically, I've been saving up for years, and with the dual income it was enough to warrant looking at some larger places than I would have if going solo, so we got something nice.

As for the wedding, we've already decided on the "small party for us and our family/friends, and that's pretty much it" because we're going to have to have two of them :P We live in California (as do all our friends), my immediate family is on the East Coast and extended family is strewn all over the country, and her family is in the Philippines and can't afford to travel to the States for a ceremony (and similarly, we can't ask our friends to pay to travel to the Philippines, since not everyone would be able to afford it). So we're basically already going to have to have two weddings, one on each side of the Pacific. So neither is going to be particularly lavish. :P

Neither one of us has student debt or credit card debt or car debt - the mortgage is it. We're not going to put ourselves in the red over what's effectively a party. :wink:

Game-wise, I've got to say that HLTB has been a boon on my backlog - I'm back in the black for the year despite going a little nuts during the summer sale. Next up: Year Walk. Which thus far is a bit weird because I've been trying to avoid any guides/spoilers or anything.

• Options
    ShinyoShinyo Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Unboxing video (which I didn't have a choice in making) to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShW2QNuQYIo
    VbuBs7P.png
    mxrvQ6I.png

Shinyo on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Gods Will Be Watching added a free epilogue a few months back and I just found out. So if you played it a while back and then put it away, it might be worth dusting off.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I've nearly got A Golden Wake in the bag.

It's been a pretty big departure from what you usually get from a Wadjet Eye published game - no detective ghosts, no cyberpunk, no AI sentience, no clone prisons... You're a goodie two-shoes real estate agent who tries to make it big in the booming market of Miami in the 1920's. Aaaand yep, you end up doing a lot of things related to real estate and politicking around that time. Not the most riveting stuff but there is one funny part that I'll spoiler below that happens near the start of Chapter 4
    You're starting to secretly work for the mob, and have been asked to investigate a local bakery that's allegedly moonlighting as a speak-easy. Being a naive dunce, you straight-up ask them if they are and the wholesome granny behind the counter chortles and cooes that you must be mistaken, and wishes to give you a basket of goodies for your troubles. You agree and when she comes back she's got a tommy gun pointed straight at you. She says "You've got until the count of ten to get the hell outta my store. One... Two..." and at this point you've regained control of your character. Naturally, I immediately clicked on the door to exit and the granny interrupts my action to say "Ten" and blasts me to hell. If you click the doors as soon as you're able she literally says "One... Two... Ten!" *blamblamblam* Gimme a break, granny! I was only asking a damn question! :lol:

So far I'd give it a 6/10, but we'll see how it finishes up.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Given what @Jragghen has said, you bloody well better have an open bar and a DJ and bartenders paid to stay after hours and a venue that will allow such things.

Our first choice for a venue had ridiculously strict options down to a single caterer, a choice of two DJs, and even specific options for how we paid for coffee after dinner and if the guests were allowed to have cream, milk, sugar, and/or artificial sweetener. We wound up booking a tiny hotel/resort that offered absolutely nothing. Not even staff. We had to look after every detail from caterers to bringing in tables and tablecloths, plus the booking of each room.

We had friends or friends of friends take care of all the roles and it wasn't any more difficult or more expensive than a normal prepaid wedding. The big difference is that I always hear whispers that every wedding since wasn't as nice as an_alt's wedding.

Seriously, if you frame it as "how can I throw an awesome party" instead of a wedding reception, you'll get much better value for your money and have a lot more fun.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
This discussion has been closed.