As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Creative ways to ask: 'Prom?'

jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So.

This Saturday is my Senior Prom, and I am going with my girlfriend--there's not really any question as to whether or not we're going with each other, but I'd like to surprise her by asking her anyways. What I'd like some help with is a creative way of asking her, just to be creative and romantic and all that good stuff.

Last year, when she wasn't my girlfriend, I asked her by burning her a CD, and instead of a track listing I printed out 'will you go to Prom with me' on the inside cover. I don't have to make a huge spectacle out of anything (jumping out of a plane/writing it in the sky is probably not going to happen) but if any of you guys/gals have interesting ideas that I could use I would appreciate it.

If I or the good citizens of H/A can't come up with anything else, I figure I'll go with the good old fashioned rose + letter combination.

Thanks!

jackisreal on

• lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My friend asked a girl out by telling her to meet at Starbucks, knowing a guy who works there, he got the girl's coffee lid to say "will you go to prom w/me" or something similar to that effect.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • ZeeBeeKayZeeBeeKay Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    One of my friends is dating a junior (we're sophomores), and we're all into drama. To ask her to Junior Prom he sent her a fake note from the office, then came into class and sang the song 'Shout' for her after she got back.
    It was adorable.

ZeeBeeKay on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My best friend gave me and 11 other people roses and had us each give them to his girlfriend for their 1 year anniversary. It was amazing, everyone did something different and entirely sweet. Give the letters to a bunch of people and have them give it to her till it spells it out?

SniperGuy on
    Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • TrippyDKTrippyDK Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My Cousin wrote "Prom?" on his...uh...you know...and then proceeded to hook up with his girlfriend. She of course slapped this shit out of him, but it was good for a few laughs later on.

TrippyDK on
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Maybe you could just do the same thing as last year? Girls like it when you remember details from old dates.

CyberJackal on
  • nethneth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I heard this idea from a friend. He took a plain white tshirt and came up with a phrase that contained the letters to "PROM WITH ME?" in it in the proper order. wrote everything but those letters in washable markers and wrote the ones spelling out "PROM WITH ME?" in permanent. he gave her the shirt and told her to wash it before she wore it. ta da

neth on
  • JPArbiterJPArbiter Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    one if you wanted to do something cute and special, it should have been a long time ago. Women care about that sort of thing. as far as anything special, I would send her on a bit of a scavanger hunt all throughout the school. leach a polaroid on her locker telling her to go to the location in the picture. Create a daisy chain of locations until you get her to the audtitorium with the the mens A Capella group behind you singing Irish Rose whilst you ask her.

at least that is what I did at my Prom six years ago.

JPArbiter on
    Sinning since 1983
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2007
    neth wrote: »
    I heard this idea from a friend. He took a plain white tshirt and came up with a phrase that contained the letters to "PROM WITH ME?" in it in the proper order. wrote everything but those letters in washable markers and wrote the ones spelling out "PROM WITH ME?" in permanent. he gave her the shirt and told her to wash it before she wore it. ta da

brilliant

Unknown User on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    - Make a t-shirt and wear it/give it to her
    - Leave notes/clues in a lot of places around her room/school/car/locker etc
    - Be cheesy

example:

Chalk outline of yourself on her driveway with the words written next to it "I'll just DIE if you don't go to prom with me!" (may or may not be in poor taste)

Medopine on
  • D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Medopine wrote: »
    Chalk outline of yourself on her driveway with the words written next to it "I'll just DIE if you don't go to prom with me!" (may or may not be in poor taste)

You don't spend a lot of time around women, do you?

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • DioltasDioltas Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Write a cheesy song to ask her. You know, how great being with her is, etc etc etc. Girls like stuff like that. It doesn't have to be good, it's the thought that counts here.

Or,

Bake her some cupcakes and write a letter on the top of each on in frosting to spell out your desired message.

Dioltas on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I like the Fred Weasley approach: yelling across a room, "Hey, <name>! Want to go to the prom with me?"

Then if she says no put the Cruciatus Curse on her.

KalTorak on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    D.T. wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »

You don't spend a lot of time around women, do you?

I are a woman, actually.

And someone did that at my school back in the day and I thought it was hilarious.

Medopine on
  • Frenchii5Frenchii5 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    neth wrote: »

brilliant

I my opinion, it's better if you're there when she's being asked to prom rather than her reading it off a shirt after doing her laundry.

You could always ask her how my (now) bf asked me:

He wrote a note saying "[My name], will you go to prom with me?" in beautiful cursive on a 1-2 inch slip of blank computer paper and then curled it with scissors (like you do with Christmas ribbon) so that only my name was visible and then wrapped it around a bouquet of flowers and put it in front of the computer (I was addicted to WoW at the time) with a box of chocolates and then invited me over. It was awesome! :)

Frenchii5 on
    homemadehpforumsigse4.png