As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Farming Simulator 15

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Farming Simulator 15

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Farming Simulator 15. You can watch the full length version of this episode here.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Lingering GrinLingering Grin Registered User regular
    I honestly can't tel if you're being sarcastic, or sincere. lol

• Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    I honestly can't tel if you're being sarcastic, or sincere. lol
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Jerry's tone seems mocking, but his face looks like he's really into it.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Sooo...super high?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    moosemaimermoosemaimer Registered User regular
    Should've played the PC version with the Steel Battalion-esque Saitek controller.

• Options
    JayCarrJayCarr Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Perhaps this is the sort of sarcasm that masks a genuine interest in a game that one may think is "uncool" to like? Mebbe? I recognize the tone because it's how I talk about Euro Truck Simulator 2.... ><

JayCarr on
  • Options
    WhelmedWhelmed Registered User regular
    I'm sure they are being sarcastic but at the same time I really think this game looks like as good as it will ever get for a farming simulator. Without sarcasm. I can't imagine playing it, but at least whoever does want to got a good product.

• Options
    DasilodaviDasilodavi Registered User regular
    This is the thing that makes me unable to detect sarcasm anymore, because I willfully refute the idea that they weren't being 100% sincere.

• Options
    GabrielGabriel Registered User, ClubPA, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff staff
    That's not sarcasm. We had a blast. This post is also not sarcasm.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Should've played the PC version with the Steel Battalion-esque Saitek controller.

Wait, there's a custom controller for this?

PUT IT IN MY LIFE.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Wait, there's a custom controller for this?

PUT IT IN MY LIFE.

Holy shit.

http://www.saitek.com/farmsim/

farm-pre-order.jpg

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    As a person who originally hails from the land of nothing but fields and farm equipment for as far as the eye can see, the level of enthusiasm some people have for these games has always seemed really funny to me. I'm trying to imagine what the urban equivalent would be for a city person. Street Sweeper Simulator 15? Garbage Truck Driver 15? Meter Maid 15?

I'm not sure there's a good comparison. Maybe imagine living in the same house for 20 years, and one day someone enters your living room for the first time and is like HOLY SHIT IS THIS A LIVING ROOM?! IS THAT A COUCH?! WOW THIS COUCH IS SOFT AS FUUUUCK!!! I'M SITTING ON A COUCH RIGHT NOW!!! IS THAT TV?!?! CAN WE WATCH IT?!?! HOLY SHIT IT TURNS ON!!! IT PLAYS MOVIES!!!

Like on one hand, I totally get it. I mean, I love Harvest Moon. But on the other hand, if you spent the majority of your youth surrounded by this type of scenery and equipment to the extent that it is essentially the furniture of your adolescence, it is REALLY funny to see people get very excited about it. ^_^

WordLust on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Huh.. that's actually pretty cool looking. Thought it was just another shovelware like most "Simulator" games lately but it really looks like they put some serious work into it. Gran Turismo with Newholland instead of Ferrari

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular

Bwahahaha! Of course there is! I should have known.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Some good reviews in there:
    Despite the popularity and number of titles in this overcrowded genre, Street Cleaning Simulator really stands out in all areas. The fine developers at Unknown have really outdone themselves this time.

If you only buy one municipal works simulation game this year, make it this one.

Also, holy shit look at some of these other ones:

Garbage Truck Simulator, Towing Simulator, Airport Fire Fighter Simulator.

forty on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Yeah probably gonna have to get this sometime in the near future.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    GalahadProgenyGalahadProgeny Registered User new member
    Look at Tycho dropping the Pride and Prejudice reference all subtle af. "A true proficient." Well played, good sir. Well played.