As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A GST About Who Owns Flavortown

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I don't get the complaint about the skateboard one. Bread and Cheese pretty commonly comes on a wooden board so you can cut pieces off.

well, aside from it curving up on the end (making it awkward to use), skateboard decks usually have a curve lengthwise which means it's going to rock back and forth instead of laying flat

and, thematically, what the fuck does a skateboard have to do with a cheese platter

A Radical 'tude?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Those onion rings look pretty good. Would be nice if it wasn't served so stupidly.

Honestly?

It's kind of a fun way to serve them. They stay really crispy - though they maybe get cold a little faster?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    There's also the fact that I doubt the skateboard had a food grade finish.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1IIUZIjoNk

Cooper and Bourdain do late night drunk food, Korean style.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Tonight I will attempt my laziest beef jerky yet:

1.5 lb of pre-marinated carne asada from the grocery store
    2 tsb liquid smoke
    1 Habanero
    1/2 cup orange juice

Do you think it will work out? Anything I should add?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Tonight I will attempt my laziest beef jerky yet:

1.5 lb of pre-marinated carne asada from the grocery store
    2 tsb liquid smoke
    1 Habanero
    1/2 cup orange juice

Do you think it will work out? Anything I should add?

There's a thread for that!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/94579/charcuterie-101-the-silence-you-hear-is-the-meat-deliciousifying#latest

• Options
    Taco Bell decides...to double down.

CgzeFlyU4AAnIIb.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

God damn that sounds delicious

Anyone know what kind of batter they use?

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    What is a spam curd? More importantly, what is spam whey?

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    I've never had spam. It's one of those products I'm not 100% certain exists.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    What is a spam curd? More importantly, what is spam whey?

Liquid oink.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    "Spam curd" is a combination of two things: an easy comparison to cheese curds, which tend to be of similar size to the chunks they're frying here, and a non-trademarked(*) form of "McNugget".

(*by the McDonalds corporation, at least)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Spam is just processed meat, which a surprisingly large amount of the rest of our food is. It's not terrible.

But, yes, what the fuck is a spam CURD? CURDLED spam does not sound good to me.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Taco Bell decides...to double down.

CgzeFlyU4AAnIIb.jpg

It........it looks pretty good? I think?

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    What state fair is that? Minnesota's is going on right now, and if it's ours I will need to investigate.

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    What state fair is that? Minnesota's is going on right now, and if it's ours I will need to investigate.

It's from the MN State Fair.

• Options
    We expect reports back, @LostNinja !

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    We expect reports back, LostNinja !
    Failing that, a note from your cardiologist assuring us that you tried.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I'll try to go tomorrow night if I'm not too tired. I've shared with the Minnesota thread of in SE++ so I'm sure one of us will get a chance to try it.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I don't get the complaint about the skateboard one. Bread and Cheese pretty commonly comes on a wooden board so you can cut pieces off.

We Want Mutha Fuckin Plates.

Amazingly since AngelHegie posted that collection there is an even worse offender

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options

Brisket may be good for you.

Relatively speaking.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    That headline, though.

• Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I found my first Danish "where have you been all my life" food item: flødeboller - essentially a golf ball sized, chocolate coated, lightly marshmallow flavored, fluffy whipped cream. I first had this as a waffle cone filled with ice cream and whipped cream, topped by a flødeboller. Since they made everything by hand, it was all delicious, but the flødeboller blew me away because I'd never had anything like it.

After that, I went searching for flødeboller and found Samba, who mass produces a very fluffy variety, just like the homemade one I first tasted.
    flodeboller.jpg
    http://www.elvirasminde.dk/uk/foam-kisses/the-foam-kisses-way-to-you.html

Edit: flodeboller -> flødeboller

hsu on
    iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular

Brisket may be good for you.

Relatively speaking.

I mean, so is whiskey. Totally not the amount I drink, but hey-moderation and shit.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    hsu wrote: »
    I found my first Danish "where have you been all my life" food item: flodeboller - essentially a golf ball sized, chocolate coated, lightly marshmallow flavored, fluffy whipped cream. I first had this as a waffle cone filled with ice cream and whipped cream, topped by a flodeboller. Since they made everything by hand, it was all delicious, but the flodeboller blew me away because I'd never had anything like it.

After that, I went searching for flodeboller and found Samba, who mass produces a very fluffy variety, just like the homemade one I first tasted.

Very similar to the Teacake

http://www.tunnock.co.uk/products/teacakes/

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I found my first Danish "where have you been all my life" food item: flodeboller - essentially a golf ball sized, chocolate coated, lightly marshmallow flavored, fluffy whipped cream. I first had this as a waffle cone filled with ice cream and whipped cream, topped by a flodeboller. Since they made everything by hand, it was all delicious, but the flodeboller blew me away because I'd never had anything like it.

After that, I went searching for flodeboller and found Samba, who mass produces a very fluffy variety, just like the homemade one I first tasted.

Very similar to the Teacake

http://www.tunnock.co.uk/products/teacakes/

Yeah, looks like what I know as a 'snowball' from Australia (oh dear, haven't had one since I was a kid).
    They're usually a little bigger, very light marshmallow coated in flaky chocolate and dusted in coconut.

Edit: Here's a recipe, but it's not the best kind because it's not real chocolate around the outside.

Solvent on
    I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    I think the main difference between a flødeboller from Denmark vs a snowball from Australia is that the texture of the flødeboller is like a fluffy whipped cream. The cream tastes like marshmallow, but without the chewy texture; instead it melts immediately in your mouth. It's awesome because you expect a cream taste, due to the silky fluffy texture, but instead you taste marshmallow.

iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    See, that'd be a negative for me. I've never been a fan of marshmallow - I much prefer cream, ice(d) or otherwise.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    How could you not like the taste of bones, corn syrup, and just a pinch of artificial vanilla?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I think the main difference between a flødeboller from Denmark vs a snowball from Australia is that the texture of the flødeboller is like a fluffy whipped cream. The cream tastes like marshmallow, but without the chewy texture; instead it melts immediately in your mouth. It's awesome because you expect a cream taste, due to the silky fluffy texture, but instead you taste marshmallow.

So its like a marshmallow fluff?

l0e5tfmteo4n.jpg

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I found my first Danish "where have you been all my life" food item: flødeboller - essentially a golf ball sized, chocolate coated, lightly marshmallow flavored, fluffy whipped cream. I first had this as a waffle cone filled with ice cream and whipped cream, topped by a flødeboller. Since they made everything by hand, it was all delicious, but the flødeboller blew me away because I'd never had anything like it.

After that, I went searching for flødeboller and found Samba, who mass produces a very fluffy variety, just like the homemade one I first tasted.
    flodeboller.jpg
    http://www.elvirasminde.dk/uk/foam-kisses/the-foam-kisses-way-to-you.html

Edit: flodeboller -> flødeboller

Ironicly flødeboller means creamballs, but contain no actual cream at all. Instead it's a mix of whipped eggwhites, gelatin and sugar.
    In Sweden the traditional shape is a bit different. We call them Chokladtoppar/Kokostoppar depending on if they're decorated with coconut gratings or not.
    360px-Gr%C3%A4ddbulle2.jpg

In Austria they're apparently known as Schwedenbomben (lit: Swedish bombs) despite being invented in denmark. Their shape is notably more bomb-like.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    And a Japanese restaurant doubles down with their burger.

Extra meat is optional.

• Options
    mrondeaumrondeau Montréal, CanadaRegistered User regular
    And a Japanese restaurant doubles down with their burger.

Extra meat is optional.

This might be in bad taste in this case, but I say we takeoff and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Options
    As a red-blooded American, you're okay in my book, Japan.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    You done good Japan.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Good to see we're rubbing off on them.

But not in a Tokyo commuter train way.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The tomato is how you know it's not an American dish. If it were American that'd be bacon.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Also whats that green stuff on there? It doesn't look like lettuce. Some kind of string bean or something?

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Asparagus?