As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Armadeaddon

• XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Took a bit of a gamble by only buying two boxes as I only wanted the Annarchy pin. Got the package today and indeed got her along with a Gabe and two Galahads. Success!

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • brainiac744brainiac744 Registered User regular
    Day 2 of the armadeadvent calendar means another box gets opened.
    I got Splatter Frank (a second one), and Skeleton Jim
    Today's box is labeled "Democracy" - a very freedom-loving label indeed.
    Day one of the aramadeadvent calendar (copyright, trademark, all rights reserved fishfishmonkeyhat) has now happened, and my 2 cases have been sufficiently randomized.

Day 1, I got Splatter Tycho and Splatter Frank.

For you spreadsheet people, I had somebody put random labels on the boxes for me, so at the end I can reconstruct the box and not ruin all the statistics.
    (also random question - should I do 24 more posts - one for each day or just edit everything back into this one?)

Which label was it? I need to know, for... science.

Yesterday's label was "Thirty"

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    WHAT IS THIS IN MY MAIL TODAY FROM ONE "ANTHONY A."?!

ksR8VWam.jpg

EVEN WOAHIER!

OPkXlmWm.jpg

Well thanks @Ayefkay for taking all the fun out of my Arma unboxing by just giving me a near complete set YOU REALLY GOOD GUY YOU!

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That polaroid post is a little loose as well. I guess they all are.

• astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    Opened my boxes today. Girlfriend and I got 8 boxes and between us got everything except Frank, Jim and Cinnabon Gabe.

The first two boxes I opened both contained Splatter Tycho and Polaroid.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That polaroid post is a little loose as well. I guess they all are.

what do you want for free? GAWD!

but seriously, i bought 3.5 cases....i have no conceivable need for 5 polaroids..... or 15 fruit fuckers...

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    only got 1 cinnabon though, so tough luck :P

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    edited November 2015
    on that note, if anyones missing something in this armadeddon set, and i have enough of what i think is enough to keep for myself then im more than happy to help out. Just check my pinnypals page (below) to see what ive got left

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    what would you like for a polaroid and splatter tycho? Dont think I have anything on your want list.

• maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I have extras of everything, but I need a cinnamon gabe (obviously, I do not have an extra one of these).

What are the current guesses on the run size of the Polaroid and cinnamon pins?

maywest on
    edited November 2015
    maywest wrote: »
    I have extras of everything, but I need a cinnamon gabe (obviously, I do not have an extra one of these).

This means if you are missing anything, let me know and I will help! (other than cinnamon).

maywest on
  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    @maywest 540 for polaroid, 360 for cinnabon.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
    @Hingo Where are these numbers from?

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    maywest wrote: »
    @Hingo Where are these numbers from?
    Spreadsheet trends lined up with the total number of boxes.

Cinnamon Roll Gabe is 1/50, Polaroid is sitting solidly at a 1/33. Total number of cases was 750 (18000 individual pins), meaning 540 polaroids and 360 cinnagabes.

Lazorz on
    Armadeadvent calendar day 3. Today's box label was: BOOM and I got:
    Splatter Charles and Zombie Juice

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You're awesome Ayefkay.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    How did we get the total number of cases?

• Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hey is any of these spreadsheets online? Can someone link me?

• jane0o7jane0o7 Registered User new member
    ii1r06miw49v.jpg

I super lucked out! After my first two boxes, I broke down and bought five more. After those, I was still missing Annarchy, Charles and all the rares except Skeleton Jim and Cinnabon Gabe. I broke down one last time and bought another five boxes. I vowed that any pins I ended up missing, I'd trade for. I ended up getting everything I was missing in this last batch! The whole set in twelve boxes, I feel pretty lucky and so happy!

edited November 2015
    Missed posting it yesterday, but Armadeadvent day 4 was labelled "Hieroglyph" and I got
    Blood Rage FF and Splatter Galahad

Day 5 was labelled Kite and I got
    Splatter Tycho and Splatter Annarchy

brainiac744 on
  • Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    My haul from boxes last week
    utg0mq5f6kqu.jpg

• evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    5lae6646v8j5.jpg

So finally got my Armadeaddon pins at the end of last week. It was frustratingly slow to arrive and for some reason I had to pay additional tax on top of it (why Canada?) but here is my haul. You may notice that I have not submitted a photo. That's because my haul was the same as @Ayefkay and his photo was much better. Thanks :)

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • drchiadrchia PAX CFP Manager NJRegistered User regular
    Just thought I'd throw this up here.

Opened a full case. Back left box was CinnaGabe

edited November 2015
    Armadeadvent day 6 is now upon us. Today's label is F5, and I got:
    Splatter Frank and Splatter Anarchy

Since there are no new posts, I'm going to just edit day 7 in :) Today's label is January and I got:
    Splatter Tycho and Blood Rage FF

And now we're up to armadeadvent day 8. Today's label is Green and I got:
    Splatter Charles and Sad Zombie Tyco

Happy Thanksgiving / DSB Day / Armadeadvent day 9! Today's label is Solitude and I got:
    Splatter Charles and Splatter Anarchy

brainiac744 on
    edited December 2015
    Happy Black Friday / Armadeadvent day 10! Today's label is 3 and I got:
    Splatter Gabe and Blood Rage FF

On Armadeadvent day 11, I opened label "Q", apparently we are in the single character portion of labels now... I got:
    Splatter Tycho and Splatter Annarchy (an exact copy of Day 5 for those keeping track)

On Armadeadvent day 12, I opened label "Asterisk" (killing the single character trend) and I got:
    Splatter Charles and Sad Zombie Tyco (an exact copy of Day 8 for those keeping track)

Armadeadvent lucky day 13, I opened "The Zoo", and I got:
    Blood Rage FF and...... the Polaroid woooo :D

brainiac744 on
  • ShraaPNullShraaPNull Registered User new member
    edited December 2015
    ppwsiepggokz.jpg
    I got my Armadeadon Cases today. I got 2. Pictured is what i got in each box top to bottom, left to right. As you can see i got hella lucky. My first case i got 11 of 12. My second Case i got the final pin on the LAST box! I felt the square through the packaging and freaked out! I guess I got 11 of 12 out of each case which is pretty good.

ShraaPNull on
  • OlerheadOlerhead Krytenton AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to think mine may have been lost in the post. :/

@Olerhead have you emailed merch and/or customer support? If so you can try tweeting at Brian (@retnus).

We're up to Armadeadvent day 14, the end is in sight :). Today I opened the box labeled "16" and I got:
    Splatter Galahad and Zombie Juice

• drusus82drusus82 Narara, NSW, AURegistered User regular
    Olerhead wrote: »

Kinda feel the same way, over a month now and no armadeadon.

@Olerhead have you emailed merch and/or customer support? If so you can try tweeting at Brian (@retnus).

Not yet, I might try that today.
    drusus82 wrote: »
    Olerhead wrote: »

Kinda feel the same way, over a month now and no armadeadon.

I'm thinking if you're in the same boat, then it may just be that it takes a long time to get here.

I used the cheapest postal option (it was the only way to convince my fiancée to part with so much money for the sake of my 'silly pin hobby' so there's no tracking.

It could be that it takes a month. I know I've ordered things from the US before and it has taken forever to arrive.

edited December 2015
    The cheapest option uses a bulk re-shipper. So the re-shipper sits on the packages until it has enough to ship them at a cheap rate. I have received packaged this way from Penny Arcade 4 times, 3 times it took about 3 weeks. The 4th time took about 7weeks.

TLDR: Cheap shipping can take anywhere between 2 and 7 weeks.

Capt Wasabi on
    The cheapest option uses a bulk re-shipper. So the re-shipper sits on the packages until it has enough to ship them at a cheap rate. I have received packaged this way from Penny Arcade 4 times, 3 times it took about 3 weeks. The 4th time took about 7weeks.

TLDR: Cheap shipping can take anywhere between 2 and 7 weeks.

That is ridiculously helpful to know. I feel infinitely less nervous about it now. I live in a nice area but we have (had, they've since been evicted) dodgy neighbours who aren't beyond pinching things. Especially since our postman just leaves parcels on the stoop leading into the apartment block.

• D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    Based on what we know about pin distribution in cases, I'm tempted to just buy boxes to try to fill out my set....

Happy Armadeadvent day 15! Today I opened the box labeled "64" and I got...
    Blood Rage FF and.. the Polaroid! (an exact duplicate of day 13 for those of you keeping track)

• AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Opened my case today received 10/12 in the set!

Here is the whole case:

Gabe x3
    Tycho x5
    FF x4
    Annarchy x2
    Charles x2
    Frank x2
    Galahad x2
    Zombie Tycho x0
    Zombie Juice x2
    Skeleton Jim x1
    Cinnabon Gabe x1
    Portrait x0

Got my box today.

Got my box today.

and....

Happy Armadeadvent day 16! Today's label was "Anarchy" and I got..
    Splatter Galahad and (appropriately) Splatter Annarchy

edited December 2015
    Nevermind, I'm impatient and I opened my whole box.

I'm pretty happy. I got one of everything except Cinnabon Gabe ... anybody want to trade?

u4xze403pbn3.jpg

Olerhead on