As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yes, I'm pimping our own shit. THE AUTOMATA KICKSTARTER.

• Options
    covellitecovellite Registered User new member
    I'd love to support this, but kickstarter only accepts credit cards and I don't have one, cause I don't believe in them :(
    Will there be any way to back the project via paypal?

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    covellite wrote: »
    I'd love to support this, but kickstarter only accepts credit cards and I don't have one, cause I don't believe in them :(

Can you use cash to buy a VISA gift card?

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

important note on that!

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/backer+questions#faq_63043
    You can use a debit or credit card associated with Visa, Discover, MasterCard, or American Express. Sorry, but we do not currently accept Maestro, or Visa Electron cards. If using a pre-paid credit card, please make sure that the card has a value of at least $1 more than your pledge amount.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

Other thought is Google Wallet card. Think that "reads" as a credit card rather than debit.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Aww shit just considering upping my pledge to hoodie level and saw there was only one left.

All gone now folks!

• Options
    maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    Glad I got mine before you, fishfishmonkeyhat!

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Me too. I want them to get all of the production bugs worked out on the first ones before they get to mine.

:P

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Aww shit just considering upping my pledge to hoodie level and saw there was only one left.

All gone now folks!

The hoodie specific level is all gone, but theres still 244 hoodies possible as of this post.

• Options
    Yep, the very last one!

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    The goal is a ways off, but if the remaining cheap pins get pledges it'll be more than enough.

• Options
    thurulethurule Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Am I the only one who solely wanted to translate Clocktalk after the news post today? Well, I couldn't find anyone else who did it, so I did.
    mkfec8ecl4pq.png

As far as I know, this will translate everything posted in Clocktalk (not Clickwise). The shirt, the Silverside graffiti, and the pin.

thurule on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    thurule wrote: »
    Am I the only one who solely wanted to translate Clocktalk after the news post today? Well, I couldn't find anyone else who did it, so I did.
    mkfec8ecl4pq.png

As far as I know, this will translate everything posted in Clocktalk (not Clickwise). The shirt, the Silverside graffiti, and the pin.

I didn't even know there was something else besides Clickwise; what's the difference between it and Clocktalk?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Darmak wrote: »
    I didn't even know there was something else besides Clickwise; what's the difference between it and Clocktalk?

From today's news post: "Because I am who I am, I should emphasize that it’s not Clickwise proper but Clocktalk, a specific dialect of Clickwise designed to incorporate English words."

Here's my updated table with guesses based on recognized patterns.

<image updated below>

thurule on
  • Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    @thurule Wow, awesome! I don't think your B,C and D are quite correct, if you look at the stretch goals section of the Kickstarter, there is come more clickwise that seems to translate to 'To Be Announced'.

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    You all are the best.

Some guy.
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    True. True.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Sorry I didn't update here. Thanks for the notice. :)

y55rgjd2e5ee.png

thurule on
  • Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    You guys make Kiko and Jerry so happy with your decoding. Fyi. All of us, really, but them the most.

• Options
    feelinCrispfeelinCrisp Registered User new member
    Hey, not really sure where I should post this seeing as I literally just signed up, but it would be fantastic if PA could open up some more slots for the $215 kickstarter, because (no selfishness involved here) I'd really love a sweater.

Cheers!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Hey, not really sure where I should post this seeing as I literally just signed up, but it would be fantastic if PA could open up some more slots for the $215 kickstarter, because (no selfishness involved here) I'd really love a sweater.

Cheers!

I think they said there are sweaters available but you'd have to pick a higher option.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Goose! wrote: »

Cheers!

I think they said there are sweaters available but you'd have to pick a higher option.

Yeah.. I mean, you saw Khoo's ULTRA DETAILED FINANCIAL BREAKDOWN, right? Dude's likely not gonna budge lest it throw everything out of whack. :)

In all seriousness, I know it sucks, but that's kind of how kickstarters work. Maybe they'll do more in the future? I know that exclusivity is a thing in our culture, and people get all upset if their pre-order bonuses or incentives are devalued in any way, but there's some REALLY cool stuff out there that I would love to see be made for general release.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    PA Jamie wrote: »
    You guys make Kiko and Jerry so happy with your decoding. Fyi. All of us, really, but them the most.

It's what we do. ;) They make us happy by creating.

• Options
    eagleagl Registered User regular
    It might just be me but the jump from $100 to $750 to get some swag might be off-putting. It looks like the $200-$250 range was the sweet spot and they're all gone, so I'm wondering how many people are just putting in $100 or a lower amount because that $200ish option isn't available. Only the Khoo knows of course, but at a glance it looks like there's some lost opportunity taking place there. Really, would it be impossible to order more hoodies in blocks of 100 so the hoodie level could be opened up again? I see exclusivity as a huge draw in the pin but the pins haven't sold out so that's not the primary spend motivator between $100 and $750. I imagine in a perfect scenario the pins run out on the last day of the kickstarter, but 100 pin level spots could be converted to the hoodie level without requiring any additional pins be manufactured, so more people could get the hoodies. That retains the exclusivity of the pins while opening back up the hoodie option without having to jump to $750 donation level. It seems like $750 is "real money" for the PA demographic, harder to part with for entertainment...

Just a thought, not trying to criticize.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »

Cheers!

Yeah.. I mean, you saw Khoo's ULTRA DETAILED FINANCIAL BREAKDOWN, right? Dude's likely not gonna budge lest it throw everything out of whack. :)

In all seriousness, I know it sucks, but that's kind of how kickstarters work. Maybe they'll do more in the future? I know that exclusivity is a thing in our culture, and people get all upset if their pre-order bonuses or incentives are devalued in any way, but there's some REALLY cool stuff out there that I would love to see be made for general release.

Also, physical rewards are one of the biggest sources of delays and unexpected costs in kickstarters.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Our logistics for delivering physical goods are very good though.

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited July 2015
    Those that missed out on the hoodie are gonna dig our announcement tomorrow.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    "HOODIE'S CANCELLED"

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    "HOODIE'S CANCELLED"

He is? That's a bummer, I wanted to see him for so long!

Oh, wait, "Hoodie". I thought you said "Hootie".

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    After the kickstarter, I would be highly interested in seeing the infamous Khoo breakdown. How did you determine what daily level of donations you felt you could achieve? Did you have a best/worst case scenario? How many meetings did it take to determine the reward levels????? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

I feel like I'm beginning to get some kind of kickstarter disease that causes desire for projection data and mild nausea? Perhaps the latter is separate.

• Options
    Hey @rkhoo That is really awesome and really helps me out a lot -- I couldn't afford $215, but I can scrape up another $70, so really, thank you very much.

It's not reflected on the page yet though. How do I indicate that I am increasing my pledge so that I can be appropriately draped in dope swagness? Or will it be automatic?

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    It's not reflected on the page yet though. How do I indicate that I am increasing my pledge so that I can be appropriately draped in dope swagness? Or will it be automatic?

Not sure what you mean by not reflected on the page. You can't change the reward tiers once it starts, so you will never see it there. You have to click "Manage your pledge" add the appropriate amount to your pledge above whatever your chosen reward level costs, and then when the survey comes at the end indicate you ordered an add-on hoodie and what size you want. Hope that helps.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Yeah,that's a little more clear for me. I now can see that's what Khoo was saying, but I'm not on his wavelength -- I'll blame lack of coffee rather than pure stupidity.
    Increase upcoming! (Payday is Friday, yay!)

chromdom on
  • Options
    FlamespeakFlamespeak Registered User new member
    edited July 2015
    I hope this show has an electro swing soundtrack. It would be such a missed opportunity if it doesn't.

Flamespeak on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Flamespeak wrote: »
    I hope this show has an electro swing soundtrack. It would be such a missed opportunity if it doesn't.

Why?

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Yeah, electro swing is a tad... up beat for noirish style stuff.

• Options
    What about some 1940's Noir Steam Funk?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Or, and hear me out here, they could go with 30's and 40's blues and soul to really give it a great noir detective story feel.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    12k to go.... pretty good chance it crosses the line today: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/pennyarcade/bring-penny-arcades-automata-to-life/

Edit: Or maybe not... Kiktraq has a pledges by day chart too, and I wasn't accounting for how much that massive first day boosted the daily average: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/pennyarcade/bring-penny-arcades-automata-to-life/#chart-daily

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    BlueThiefZeroBlueThiefZero Denver, CORegistered User regular
    Another Pin has been added as an ad-on avaibale for those who are pledging at the "pin tier" or higher. Personally, this design is both fresh AND bangin'. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pennyarcade/bring-penny-arcades-automata-to-life/posts/1302219