As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita/PSTV: It's this really obscure handheld, you've probably never heard of it

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm still sad that Afterbirth never made it to Vita

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    I've had a bunch of cross-play titles sitting on my PS4 for a while now - CounterSpy, Hohokum, Rogue Legacy, Binding of Isaac, Don't Starve, and others - and I finally decided to just download them on Vita, since I'm more likely to play them there. Started up Rogue Legacy (which I played on PC and enjoyed, but didn't beat) this morning.

Thinking of picking up Severed during this sale, too. $7.99 isn't bad for something that everyone says is super good. Plus I loved Drinkbox's other games.

@GMaster7 , you are a bad person and you should feel bad. Thanks to you, I picked up Severed, for the same reasons you cite above. Also, grabbed the Sparkle pack, Letter Quest Remastered, and Downwell. Because sale, and lack of impulse control. And not on sale, picked up Axiom Verge and DW8: Xtreme Legends CE. And for the PS4, Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Thinking of Enter the Gungeon now, too. Jerk.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    I've had a bunch of cross-play titles sitting on my PS4 for a while now - CounterSpy, Hohokum, Rogue Legacy, Binding of Isaac, Don't Starve, and others - and I finally decided to just download them on Vita, since I'm more likely to play them there. Started up Rogue Legacy (which I played on PC and enjoyed, but didn't beat) this morning.

Thinking of picking up Severed during this sale, too. $7.99 isn't bad for something that everyone says is super good. Plus I loved Drinkbox's other games.

@GMaster7 , you are a bad person and you should feel bad. Thanks to you, I picked up Severed, for the same reasons you cite above. Also, grabbed the Sparkle pack, Letter Quest Remastered, and Downwell. Because sale, and lack of impulse control. And not on sale, picked up Axiom Verge and DW8: Xtreme Legends CE. And for the PS4, Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Thinking of Enter the Gungeon now, too. Jerk.

@DaringDirk Glad to be of service. ilu bb <3

Played a bunch of Rogue Legacy tonight. So good. So. Good.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Also, as long as I'm pushing shit onto people, anyone who is even remotely interested in game design (not professionally, just... intellectually/academically) should check out Thomas Was Alone. Great Vita game - I played it on PC, too, but it's perfect to play in bed - but the real selling point and the thing that has stuck with me for years is the developer commentary option. Especially if you've beaten it once, maybe after a break to get away and come back to it, there is literally no better and more rewarding experience in gaming than popping in headphones, turning that mode on, and playing through each level over the course of an evening while you listen to Mike Bithell talk to you - as if he's in the room with you - about his design decisions in this level, or what he was thinking about during this bit of writing, or what the challenges were of this particular physics puzzle. It's incredible. I love it so much. I've seen developer commentary in games - walk up to this speech bubble and hit E, or whatnot - but this one is so personal. A lone dev, reflecting on his experiences, and sharing so much of the process with you.

I really need to get Volume. Supposedly a not-bad Platinum trophy, and it's Bithell to boot. Google suggests no commentary, though.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    If I hadn't just recently purchased Project Diva Future Tone* , I think Project Diva X might have annoyed me juuuuuust a little bit. But because I do have Future Tone, Diva X is actually pretty fun and kinda clever in some ways. It's much more "gamey" in the way to unlock songs/clothes and the like, but it's cute in a harmless/hokey sort of way.
    Also, the new medley's, and how they're first introduced is pretty cool. Medley's also kinda addressed a problem I initially had with the Project Diva games in general, in that I felt the games never really tried to do/add anything new musically, which was a shame since y'know, they HAVE the software. So yeah, you get background vocals in songs that didn't initially have them, and that's just neat.
    My only... kinda complaint is that it's sort of a shame that each song (so far) is done on a stage as opposed to being more music video style/story tellin' style. But the stages themselves are pretty nifty looking at least.

*Future tone is basically a Diva game WITHOUT all the unlocking bullshit. Not to say that the unlocking stuff can't be fun sometimes, but y'know, sometimes you just want to play the damned songs! Future Tone is pretty refreshing in that all the songs are just... THERE after you buy them. Also, over 200 songs. So yeah. And you do have to "buy" the outfits with in-game currency, but they're all cheap, so you can easily get the outfit that matches the song pretty much the first time you play any said song.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hooorah, I'm not the only one that's playing Future Tone. It's basically contains all the songs from every Miku games, Vita, PSP, 3DS, and DS, from before X. But those triple notes are the spawn of Satan.

I'm actually kinda glad they swapped things up from f and F 2nd with X. It's not like the old games are ever going to not be on my Vita's memory card and I can always play them.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm having to accept that I will only ever play the lower difficulties on Future Tone. Still it's great having all of the videos in high def without needing to tether a PSP for Dreamy Theater.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Last night, I saw a couple playing Final Fight using ad-hoc multiplayer between a PS Vita and a PSP. Except, at first, I only saw the person playing the PSP. And I was like:
    D6PfW.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Between reading this thread, starting to listen to Greg Miller & Colin Moriarty regularly again, and starting to play my Vita again very regularly, I've now pumped myself way up for a new Sony handheld to be announced at the Sept. 7 PlayStation event.

It's not going to happen, right? I'm going to be disappointed?

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Medleys also kinda addressed a problem I initially had with the Project Diva games in general, in that I felt the games never really tried to do/add anything new musically, which was a shame since y'know, they HAVE the software. So yeah, you get background vocals in songs that didn't initially have them, and that's just neat.
    My only... kinda complaint is that it's sort of a shame that each song (so far) is done on a stage as opposed to being more music video style/story tellin' style. But the stages themselves are pretty nifty looking at least.

I'll echo that. I also wish that they'd do what they did for the 3DS ones and swap out the vocals where they could for some tracks, though I completely get that's going to vary significantly from track to track and that'd be quite a bit of work.

EDIT: Gotta watch those quote trees when leaving drafts open.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Probably.

sig.gif
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Sheeeesh. I like that GE2 has 20 different voice personalities and so many hair + accessory choices at character creation.

I based my character idea of 'what if Krusty, the noble berserker from Log Horizon' was hit with a moe/genderchange beam'. Also, we don't have axes, but we do have hammers at least.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Sheeeesh. I like that GE2 has 20 different voice personalities and so many hair + accessory choices at character creation.

I based my character idea of 'what if Krusty, the noble berserker from Log Horizon' was hit with a moe/genderchange beam'. Also, we don't have axes, but we do have hammers at least.

Why do I think the answer to that is NSFW?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Polaritie wrote: »

Because you're a pervert?

Inspiration:
    oqxOpIZ.jpg?1

FywJsgg.jpg?1

GE2 Character:
    Yi9beFx.jpg?1

Looking forward to unlocking good outfits.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular

Inspiration:
    oqxOpIZ.jpg?1

FywJsgg.jpg?1

GE2 Character:
    Yi9beFx.jpg?1

Good Job!

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options

Inspiration:
    oqxOpIZ.jpg?1

FywJsgg.jpg?1

GE2 Character:
    Yi9beFx.jpg?1

Actually, I was leaning "because Japan".

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    GE2 Character:
    Yi9beFx.jpg?1

"Hold still while I beat you with this engine bock."

I've been trying to hold off on getting the GE games for the sake of my backlog. Posts like this aren't helping.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »

I've been trying to hold off on getting the GE games for the sake of my backlog. Posts like this aren't helping.

Those engine blocks have rockets. They work kinda like this when you activate them.

ulnI7om.jpg?1

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Not really helping me save money and avoid increasing the backlog...
    Though I might get it on the PC simply because hopefully more people for multiplayer. Maybe?

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    I bought it for PS4 and might also buy it for Vita if I enjoy it too much for cross-save.

• Options
    Oh geez, I just looked at the song list for Project Diva X. yeah, even MORE SO now I'm glad I bought Future Tone. One Len solo song. No Kaito solo songs (and he just shows up in one medley.) Booooooooooooooooo.

sig.gif
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    That GE2 character's starting costume is already better than all the costume options in GE:R.

• Options

Those engine blocks have rockets. They work kinda like this when you activate them.

ulnI7om.jpg?1

Kind of? I'm pretty sure it's exactly like that.

• Options

ulnI7om.jpg?1

Kind of? I'm pretty sure it's exactly like that.

Well, I can't fly as a hammer user. :(

I might branch out into scyhes or spears later as a secondary.

What gun types work best with hammertime?

• Options
    A flamboyant 'I'm better than you and must protect you as a weakling because chivalry' guy just joined my party.

Should I bench him forever?

• Options
    So wait, with this God Eater stuff, I heard 1 was better for sound quality, and now 2 is better for costume options... if someone only had the time for one of these games, is there a definitive better option?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    So wait, with this God Eater stuff, I heard 1 was better for sound quality, and now 2 is better for costume options... if someone only had the time for one of these games, is there a definitive better option?

You should really play 1 first for story reasons. Also Shio. <3 .
    A flamboyant 'I'm better than you and must protect you as a weakling because chivalry' guy just joined my party.

Nah, dude's funny and a dork, just roll with it~

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options

FYI: The God Eater 1 remake was made after 2, and thus has gameplay improvements over 2.

• Options
    Okay, start with 1 seems to be the consensus, that's good. And, lots of fun to be had if you have no intention of anything other than single-player gaming, yes?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    So, Gust just announced a new game today. Vita + PS4. Blue Reflection - The Girls Sword That Dances in Illusion.

RPG. Modern Day Japan. Social Link in an all-girls high school by day. Save the city/world as a magical girl by night.

Mel Kishinda (so many Atelier games) on art. Keiichi Sigsawa (Kino's Journey) and Koji Natsumi on script.

OHCgngk.jpg

Fighting evil by moonlight
    Winning love by daylight
    Never running from a real fight
    She is the one named Sailor Moon Hinako Shirai

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    GE1 is fantastic, definitely play it first. OP is amazing, too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HRLshdOUok

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    So, Gust just announced a new game today. Vita + PS4. Blue Reflection - The Girls Sword That Dances in Illusion.

RPG. Modern Day Japan. Social Link in an all-girls high school by day. Save the city/world as a magical girl by night.

Mel Kishinda (so many Atelier games) on art. Keiichi Sigsawa (Kino's Journey) and Koji Natsumi on script.

OHCgngk.jpg

Fighting evil by moonlight
    Winning love by daylight
    Never running from a real fight
    She is the one named Sailor Moon Hinako Shirai

They're trying all sorts of new stuff lately, huh? Any word on if they were going to continue Nights of Azure, it is this the answer to that?

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Quiotu wrote: »
    They're trying all sorts of new stuff lately, huh? Any word on if they were going to continue Nights of Azure, it is this the answer to that?

They already announced a Nights of Azure sequel a couple weeks back.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    And I'll probably buy it because Gust makes gorgeous games.

• Options
    I'd like to thank Koei Tecmo again.

For giving Gust so much more funding and better game engines.
    For putting Gust's name on boxart to give them more recognition as their own entity.
    For localizing nearly everything they put out.
    For doing way better at localization than NISA ever did.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I remember trying God Eater on PSP and not enjoying it. Then again I didn't get very far in Freedom Wars or Monster Hunter either. I really want to like them, though...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Lovely wrote: »

Nah, dude's funny and a dork, just roll with it~

af7d5056-f341-4197-aba7-b9f057da3cef_zps7zwjstx5.jpg

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Severed is really fucking great.

Everybody buy it.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    First mission in God Eater Res completed, seems like a good game, performance is great!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    For doing way better at localization than NISA ever did.

Let's not say crazy things here.

I mean, NISA was doing a really poor job, but Koei Tecmo has been largely abominable, especially when it comes to Gust games.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif