As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PS Vita/PSTV: It's this really obscure handheld, you've probably never heard of it

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Graphics like that make me wonder how severe Unity's flaws are on the Vita platform, because the Unity engine's flaws were the cited reason for Galak-Z s vita version being scrapped.

I think I saw that Zeboyd was also having to make some pretty significant tweaks to Cosmic Star Heroine to get it to run on Vita, much less meet acceptable performance levels.

I've been following their tweets about it. It seems like it's playable on Vita right now with decent performance, and any work going into making the Vita version run better (usually things like memory management and making sure various processes only run when they're needed, if I remember correctly) will be present across all versions. Pretty cool.

I won't be impressed until Zeboyd manages to fit it into a single 38KB executable. (nobody will get this reference)

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Graphics like that make me wonder how severe Unity's flaws are on the Vita platform, because the Unity engine's flaws were the cited reason for Galak-Z s vita version being scrapped.

I think I saw that Zeboyd was also having to make some pretty significant tweaks to Cosmic Star Heroine to get it to run on Vita, much less meet acceptable performance levels.

I've been following their tweets about it. It seems like it's playable on Vita right now with decent performance, and any work going into making the Vita version run better (usually things like memory management and making sure various processes only run when they're needed, if I remember correctly) will be present across all versions. Pretty cool.

I won't be impressed until Zeboyd manages to fit it into a single 38KB executable. (nobody will get this reference)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.kkrieger

?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.kkrieger

?

That's 96KB :mad:

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Holy Balls that looks great. I need to see that in motion very soon. The combat image for some reason reminds me of Bravely Default.

And the name just as grammatically silly, "Exist Archive"

Except bravely default isn't actually grammatically wrong in any fashion. You can, in fact, bravely default.

eh. not worth it.

• BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    The demo for Dungeon Travelers 2 seems kinda fun. May have to get the game.

Just wish the documentation was a bit better, like a list of what weapons/armor the various classes can use

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

The only hit I found was that at least one C compiler's Hello World executable size is 38KB.

Alternately, if you were writing games back in the Atari 800 days, you had about 38K of memory to work with. But I doubt that's what you meant either.

edited July 2015

The only hit I found was that at least one C compiler's Hello World executable size is 38KB.

Alternately, if you were writing games back in the Atari 800 days, you had about 38K of memory to work with. But I doubt that's what you meant either.

No, not in terms of memory - just raw file size.

ehrmagerd sperlers

If you've been PC-ing long enough you probably recognize this.

Donnicton on
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

No, not in terms of memory - just raw file size.

ehrmagerd sperlers

If you've been PC-ing long enough you probably recognize this.

Hah! Well, I had the Atari 800 part right, anyway. Though in 1983 I was making do with a Vic-20 and a lot of imagination.

• MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    sir-robin.jpg

This man knows something of Bravely Defaulting.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Is Lost Dimension cross buy?

No cross-save, no cross-buy. Annoying that the PS Store doesn't have a section to clearly detail this.

PS Store doesn't even always properly mention if a game is compatible with a system. Sometimes it is in fact completely wrong about a game's availability on said console.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    "Bravely Default" has awkward semantic content. It has nothing to do with grammar.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    sir-robin.jpg

This man knows something of Bravely Defaulting.
    he didn't even show up as an image to me... talk about bravely running away.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Everyone's favorite Ireland - Victor, not the other one - has posted an image of how the physical release of Summon Night 5 will look. It looks like enough interest was drummed up for a physical PSP release of Summon Night 5, which will open for pre-orders next week.

SN5_Full_Set.jpg

http://www.gaijinworks.com/
    Summon Night 5 for the PSP/PSVita is getting a one time physical release in advance of its digital debut, and we can finally reveal the full package you'll receive. It will include the game case with multi-sided full-color insert, game UMD with full-color label, full-color game manual, one of two randomly inserted gigantic 14" x 19" posters, a serial numbered hologram, a digital download code to download the game from PSN free, and the last, and biggest addition: the FULL ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK for the game, featuring all 37 music selections from the Japanese release of the OST in a full-size CD case with full-color inserts. Yep, back up. Read that again. You're welcome. And, thank YOU, too. YOUR SUPPORT made this inclusion possible! All that's only going to cost $41.99 + $5 shipping anywhere in the US. International shipping will be more.

The presale opens next week, and appropriately enough for a game where the moon's magic features prominently in the story, will stay open until the next full moon at the end of August. We'll leave the poll open, so if you want, you can sign up as EVERYONE on the poll list will get a notice by email when the presale opens next week.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Trailer for Moero Crystal, of which I'll be shamelessly buying once the Asian English version comes out with how much I'm enjoying and laughing my ass off at its prequel.

Also, linked instead of embedding to be kind to the people that don't want to see lewd monster girls being lewd.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    c6e.png

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Just saw this linked from Reddit:
    Gravity Rush Experts needed for Beta Testing in San Mateo, CA

Looking for experienced Gravity Rush players (Playstation Vita players only) ages 18-45. Testing will take place in San Mateo, CA and pay $125 for your time.
    If you're interested email me on Reddit or at Jennifer.Howe@vupointresearch.com Include your name and phone number to be reached about this Beta testing.
    Thanks
    Full Disclosure Statement

No idea how legit it is, but it sounds like something Gravity Rush-related is happening in the future.

Renzo on
    Omg I figured they'd pitches the franchise to PS4 - that's awesome-if-true.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Huh. I guess the sequel will be on Vita after all.

I just wonder if it'll be PS4/Vita or straight Vita.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    SN5_Full_Set.jpg

Ahaha, come on and slam!

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Huh. I guess the sequel will be on Vita after all.

I just wonder if it'll be PS4/Vita or straight Vita.

It'd be nice if it had PSTV support too, so I could use mine more.

• LovelyLovely Registered User regular

Looking for experienced Gravity Rush players (Playstation Vita players only) ages 18-45. Testing will take place in San Mateo, CA and pay $125 for your time.
    If you're interested email me on Reddit or at Jennifer.Howe@vupointresearch.com Include your name and phone number to be reached about this Beta testing.
    Thanks

No idea how legit it is, but it sounds like something Gravity Rush-related is happening in the future.

Sounds like a very specific murder trap to me, but eh, what do I know.

sig.gif
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Traded in Fire Emblem for Hyperdevotion Noire. Today is a good day.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    Lovely wrote: »

Thanks

If I had your attitude I never woulda' got into that guy's van when I was eight.

hqdefault.jpg

Reynolds wrote: »
    Traded in Fire Emblem for Hyperdevotion Noire. Today is a good day.

Man. I like Noire and all, but I can't imagine trading in FE Awakening for anything.

I beat it once, and I'm never going to have the desire to play it again. Plus the trade in value is ludicrous for some reason.

uyvfOQy.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Vita-TV

Use the code EMCAWAK35 to make it 29.99.

You know, in case you wanted one. (You know you want one.)

steam_sig.png
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I beat it once, and I'm never going to have the desire to play it again. Plus the trade in value is ludicrous for some reason.

Because Nintendo is Nintendo and they never print enough copies.

Vita-TV

They're sold out.

Vita-TV

They're sold out.

Yessss, more added to the Vita user base.

tumblr_mu3scjR7k01shaex9o1_250.gif

2nd boss Ray Gigant footage from a GAFer.

This looks like it'll be good when it gets an English version in 1-2 years.

So, there's one problem with Hyperdevotion Noire...I hate Noire. Boy is she boring.

Now that Neptune is in my party hopefully the comedy and references will reappear. I knew this was supposed to be the spinoff for all the Noire fans, but I didn't think it would lean this heavy on it...you literally play a 'human boy' that she acts all tsundere to. Not Noire, not Neptune...you get to play as a Japanese fanboy self insert.

uyvfOQy.png
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/03/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-will-release-in-japan-on-december-10th/
    You can also “Contact” with the characters in the Communication Room, where you use touch reaction features to destroy their outfits and increase their experience points. Getting experience points will also increase their “Boob Rank” as well.

uyvfOQy.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY76h0TiKNk

Yeah, that's some Valkyrie profile music and gameplay.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Thanks

It's kinda how Akiba's Trip began, and that turned out ok... sorta.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    I think I saw half a Niebelung and part of a Valesti. They've got my preorder.

uyvfOQy.png
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

I kinda hate how the characters look in combat. They just really rub me the wrong way.

Oh god the character models are worse in animation than I feared they were in screenshots.

why do they look so out of place with the backgrounds

Speaking of which the backgrounds are really nice.

• LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    IA/VT is now mine! I'm having fun with it.
    So far my only complaint is that you can't take screenshots during songs. But you CAN take screenshots of the menu's. ...which is... kinda weird.

EDIT- OH YEAH. This isn't a complaint so much as.... a personal failing? I finally taught myself how to use the arrow keys in Project Diva in addition to the shape buttons. In IA/VT you can't do that. Because the arrow keys don't translate as the shape-keys and actually come up in songs as separate buttons. So now, I need to UNLEARN what I had finally learned to do in PDiva. *weep weep*

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I left my Vita charger in another state so I ordered a replacement off of Amazon until I can get mine back again. It turns out that Sony sells each half of the cable separately and I can't charge shit with the half I purchased. So that's going back to Amazon and my Vita is going to ride the shelf for a while.

IA/VT is now mine! I'm having fun with it.
    So far my only complaint is that you can't take screenshots during songs. But you CAN take screenshots of the menu's. ...which is... kinda weird.

EDIT- OH YEAH. This isn't a complaint so much as.... a personal failing? I finally taught myself how to use the arrow keys in Project Diva in addition to the shape buttons. In IA/VT you can't do that. Because the arrow keys don't translate as the shape-keys and actually come up in songs as separate buttons. So now, I need to UNLEARN what I had finally learned to do in PDiva. *weep weep*

How navigable are the menus? I've been thinking about getting it since Superufo sells it for less than $34US (albeit out of stock at the moment), but I probably won't do much with it if the only thing I'll be able to figure out how to do is "enter song".