As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    I wonder if (slash kind of really hope that) the impending release of MMC's Seraphicus Prominion means that we'll see some reduced price Maketoys Hyper Novaes showing up on ebay soon.

I want one of them, I think, but I don't yet know for sure which.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I don't know about reduced price but you might see some pop up. I wouldn't expect any for under $200 though.

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, by "reduced" I meant "approaching MSRP, or at least more so than current averages."

TFSource has one up on eBay for around $220, which is kinda tempting.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    For those who didn't see it on other forums. HasbroToyShop eBay shop has some TFs on sale.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Transformers-Robots/83732/m.html?item=322063293846&_ssn=hasbro-toy-shop

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Is that whirl figure any good? Every time I see it I want to get it for the sake of my lost light crew...but he looks kinda bad.

There aren't any whirl figures on the horizon are there?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Why does he look bad to you?

I think he's pretty solid

And thanks for the heads up Betsuni, I might have to pick up that Armada Megatron

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Whirl was always a goofy design. I picked him up personally (I had the original toy it was based off of a long time ago, still need to get the Roadbuster since he was from the same set).

Generations Whirl can do a gerwalk mode, and even includes instructions on how to do it.

• Options
    i can't quite describe why i am not a huge fan of that whirl. however ive never seen it out of package so i havent gotten a good look at it.

• Options
    anyone use stands for their figures? i'd like to get something to display tyrael and some other guys as flying/jumping but i dunno what to use (if i were to make it) or buy. the ideal scenario is something that would allow for a variety of poses but also easily photoshopped out.

• Options
    anyone use stands for their figures? i'd like to get something to display tyrael and some other guys as flying/jumping but i dunno what to use (if i were to make it) or buy. the ideal scenario is something that would allow for a variety of poses but also easily photoshopped out.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN13720&mode=retail or from Amazon or wherever.

Although that figure might be too big so you might need this bigger version http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN14285&mode=retail

• Options
    i'll check those out. i bought the foot stands previously that neca produced. i think those were mentioned on a couple of podcasts before.

• Options
    For those of you who wanted it and didn't already get it, the Victorion set is now showing up on Amazon for around $108.00

• Options
    Victorion is available on HTS. Use promo code MAYMAYHEM for 15% off and free shipping.

You know, if you're into that sort of thing.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Damn it I don't even like Kancolle and I ordered Figma Fuubuki. Seriously that show suuucked, but I like the figures design so there's that I guess.

It'll also give me the opportunity to try and make it hold a mecha gatling gun I put together years ago for Figma Mato Kuroi but couldn't use because it was second hand and the seller left in two of the same holding hands. Hopefully the next one I get doesn't have any problems.

Oh crap I just learn little armory are going to make a figma compatible minigun. even though I still haven't put together the little armory guns I own, I will definitely buy this when it's available and make it the first one I put together.

Seriously: a minigun specifically designed for figma hands! I won't have to use the Kotobukiya one anymore

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    ChqdCgy.jpg

hnnnnnnng

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah Carnifex was an easy preorder

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    is carnifex made by the same company that made that tarn? i'm still unsure how the phase 6's line up against 0.1%er's . it always seems like tarn is huge but maybe he is smaller than overlord?

• Options
    MMC is making both Carnifex and Kultur. Overlord is pretty big, but I think they made him too big actually, he's got about an inch over Hexatron. It's kinda weird they made him that big.
    73pqvh3o3fvl.jpg

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Overlord was a lot bigger than Tarn in the latest issue, although I don't think it was by as much as those two above.
    35ac764c7023d05d04d36a6803111d56.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, what was going on in that panel before it was censored with a pixelation layer?

Transformers have changed since I was a kid. I mean, sure, change is what they do.
    But there's change and then there's change.

• Options
    Tarn is squishing someone's head into Overlord's chest, censored for spoilers

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    ok so it wasn't just me then that the size difference seems weird. i mean transformers and scale loooool but still.

• Options
    Yeah, I think with the scal they were trying to do some kind of meet halfway thing between mtmte scale and g1 scale. So Carnifex ends up being not quite as tall as g1 overlord but a bit bifor mtmte scale.

Oh, and Victorion is really good, easily the best combining set considering the better hand and feet and accessories.

• Options
    Didn't pull the trigger on buying Victorion. I couldn't get past the point where they put the sword hilt in her thumb.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Not a big fan of the color combo for Victorion.

Or the two choppers and two cars for the limbs.

Personally, after Computron, and maybe eventually Devastator, I think that's it for Combiner Wars for me.

• Options
    Yeah, Victorion was a cool concept that was not executed very well if you ask me

Especially the color scheme, some white detailing would've really gone a long way to make it more visually appealing

The twin copters could have been neat, but they (and really the whole set) needed a little something more to make it interesting

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like the chopper and car molds were way overdone. Sprinkling in more of the jet molds might have helped.

But that could probably be blamed on the decision not to do any of the monster based combiners (Predaking, Piranhacon, Abominus)

• Options
    Having a combiner team be from the Sea of Rust was a great but ultimately missed opportunity to have a team of Junkion expats for IDW to work with.

Also, $25 for CW deluxe Groove? Go to Hell, various online retailers.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    143999 wrote: »
    Having a combiner team be from the Sea of Rust was a great but ultimately missed opportunity to have a team of Junkion expats for IDW to work with.

Also, $25 for CW deluxe Groove? Go to Hell, various online retailers.

Yeah I'm just going to wait it out for the supply to catch up. Saw yesterday that one Amazon seller was asking $42 for one and laughed.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    So glad I don't care at all about deluxe Groove.

• Options
    I honestly don't even really care about Defensor

What I do care about are those NECA arcade style Ninja Turtles and Foot Clan + Shredder, which are apparently SDCC exclusive what in the fuck why would you not release them retail ??????

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I honestly don't even really care about Defensor

What I do care about are those NECA arcade style Ninja Turtles and Foot Clan + Shredder, which are apparently SDCC exclusive what in the fuck why would you not release them retail ??????

i really want those as well. i saw something about people preordering them? i assume that means paying someone to stand in line or are they available somewhere else?

• Options
    All of your collective apathy just makes me more powerful, as I just managed to get an order in for a deluxe Groove at retail price from Amazon.

Rumor has it that the wide release got pushed back to October, which would be hilarious.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    143999 wrote: »
    All of your collective apathy just makes me more powerful, as I just managed to get an order in for a deluxe Groove at retail price from Amazon.

Rumor has it that the wide release got pushed back to October, which would be hilarious.

Hmm, if I have to wait till October that's fine with me. Just wish they would make it known now when they will show up instead of this, "oh look, a shipment magically showed up."

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yeah, this whole thing has been pretty idiotic.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Ordered LG09 Brainstorm from ebay. Personally, that thing just looks so good compared to most of the recent mainline transformers. Plus the gap in the forearms has a flap to cover it up! I hate how most of the recent mainline figures seem to just leave a huge gap and it puts me off buying them.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Sadly, there are a lot of reasons to be put off buying mainline Transformers right now.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Well shit the seller cancelled my order because they didn't even have it in stock at the time of purchase. Wouldn't be surprised it it reappears at a higher price

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    anyone have any idea where i could find a prime breakdown am-12 for less than an arm and a leg? since it was never released outside japan (to my knowledge) it always carried a decent price tag, but $250 on amazon and minimum $150 on ebay seems ridiculous for something that was i think $25 or $30.

kinda want to get that unicron as well.

This discussion has been closed.