As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iTunes hiccup for no reason

HiredGunHiredGun Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I recently updated my iTunes from the older version that I had never bothered to update, to iTunes 7 (7.1.1.5, to be exact).

There's a strange problem: as it runs through my playlist, there's a several-second freeze that occurs each time it shifts from one track to the next, usually occuring when there are 4 seconds left in the track.

The 'hiccup' lasts anywhere from 2-8 seconds, roughly, and affects my entire computer, not just iTunes. In other words, I'll be surfing or writing a paper, and the system will lock up for a bit just as a song is ending.

Oddly, this doesn't happen at all if I manually hit 'next' and move from one song to another - only when I allow it to transfer naturally. The problem didn't occur at all until I updated iTunes.

Any suggestions, H/A?

HiredGun on

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It sounds like something's going wrong with the crossfade. Go preferences -> Playback and see if it's turned on.

Also, try checking the console (Applications -> Utilities -> Console in the Finder) and see if anything related to iTunes pops up.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've had the same problem ever since I upgraded to 7.1, except for me, it always occurs when it's changing from one track to the other. I don't have crossfade enabled, but I do have Sound check on. Maybe that's what's doing it.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    HiredGunHiredGun Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Interestingly, I suspected that it might be Crossfade, but 1) I have kept Crossfade off since the very first day I got iTunes, since I hated it and 2) turning it off and on seems to have no effect on the problem.

Maybe iTunes 7 is just buggy.

HiredGun on