As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginners Game

13»

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Moving as a team Pon and Sarenda are able to cross the river without any major mishaps, though the physical strain of the climb wears on Pon without doing any lasting damage.
    Pon takes 1 strain.
    Once they get across the other side they are able to get into position and make contact between both groups, all that is left now is to commence the attack.
    Everyone is in position safely, you can now make a Cool Check to determine initiative order, the mercenaries will get a Vigilance check for which they each get 1 proficiency die. More Successes mean you get to go higher in initiative order. You can also swap initiative spots with another PC at no cost.
    Geth roll 4eP

4eP 3 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph [4eP=S/S, A, Tr, A]

Neaden on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Two things I noticed after the largest patch:

One, Phobos is now on the Mars map. I kinda wish we also got a new explore area on that, but missions are confirmed.

And two, in the lower right corner of the nav screen it lists "Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group"

Which is kinda like "duh", but makes me wonder if they are going to add other solar systems or even intergaltic travel at some point.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Geth roll 3eA for being cool

And just to get it out of the way - my first action is going to be to shove one of the mercs on my side into the ravine or whatever, with the intent of a fall banging him up and taking him out of the fight with a few fractures.
    Geth roll 1eF for trying to be awesome

being cool:
    3eA 2 successes, 2 advantage [3eA=S/S, A/A, -]
    trying to be awesome:
    1eF 2 Light Side [1eF=LS/LS]

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1eA+1eP for Pon initiative

Pon initiative:
    1eA+1eP 0 successes, 4 advantage [1eA=A/A] [1eP=A/A]

• Options
    Dao so far has the highest initiative and higher than any of the NPCs so I'll allow his move to go first, if either @JusticeforPluto or @PACherrn roll higher their action will technically happen first.
    Dao concentrates on the Force and feels it come to him and through him, even amidst all the darkness here the Force is still strong, size, and weight are but an illusion as the mercenaries discovers as he finds himself floating several feet away from where he was just standing, and no longer over the bridge. His screams are cut off as he splashes into the water but resume a short distance away. His leg seems broken from the fall and his equipment is waterlogged he seemingly decides discretion is in his interest and floats with the current instead of fighting against it.

• Options
    Out of curiosity, is there anything that prevents me from repeating this action? I suppose the other guy will be on guard against it, but in a mechanics sense?

I could get used to taking out legs to avoid fights. This is Star Wars, that's basically scraping your knee in terms of injury severity, except that it takes you out of the fight fast.

• Options
    Paging @JusticeforPluto and @PACherrn

As far as lifting people. Nothing prevents you from repating it, but remember that it is making people float at this point rather then tossing them around. Think when Luke lifted C3PO to impress the Ewoks, so they would still be able to shoot at you for instance.

• Options
    Ah, so I just have to turn them around too. Without surfaces to push off of they're at my mercy! Or, you know... float, turn, drop in river. But yeah, I just wanted to be sure that I could basically choose "use force" every round without ever running dry.

• Options
    So onfortunately I have not heard anything from Pluto or Chern, I've pmed both of them but no response. We can either go on without them if you guys are still interested in playing though.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Happy to continue, though we'd have to get replacements, no? Or would they just die off in this fight?

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I'm here, I just don't know what to do!

• Options
    I'm fine with any option really. This hasn't exactly been fast paced :P

• Options
    I'm here, I just don't know what to do!
    You need to roll your cool stat, if you get at least a success and an advantage you'll go before any of the mercenaries and can make your move right away, attacking or whatever it is you think best in the fight. One of the mercenaries has already been defeated.