As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [Playstation] thread has been recast

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    konami revealed a new silent hill game
    ZOkog98.jpg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Just skip to the end and cast Jen Taylor as the ghost

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    ZOkog98.jpg
    Hahahahahahaha

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Okay Galak-Z does not fuck around in season 2 and I am absolutely doing the flailing I was sure I would do

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I can't find Galak Z on the Ps store

What fresh hell is this

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Play yugioh with me instead

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I drew a Obelisk the Tormenter from a pack yesterday!!!!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    All I remember about Yugioh is they said Blue eyes white dragon a lot

Or was it Blue Ice?

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    david hayter is

ghost

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Blue Steel Magnum Dragon

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

Or was it Blue Ice?

No no it was blue eyes

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Or was it Blue Ice?

No no it was blue eyes

blue balls, white dinger

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    david hayter is

ghost

I want to see David Hayter pursue a career as a professional kickstarter stretch goal

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Or was it Blue Ice?

No no it was blue eyes

blue balls, white dinger

oh my

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Okay Galak-Z does not fuck around in season 2 and I am absolutely doing the flailing I was sure I would do

I was getting the hang of the mech and it wasn't feeling so bad

then I started running into the groups of mechs with the giant cannons and those things hurt

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Oh man, forgot that unlocked today. Post-work hyped.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I just, fucking, god damnit.

Ordered a PS4 off Amazon. Tracking says it was delivered to "female customer" this morning. Uh, nope.

Turns out! The fucking UPS lady left my ps4 with my neighbor who I'm related to who works at a post office near here because my neighbor said she would give it to me on her way home from work.

Now, this particular relative is trustworthy enough. But the vast majority of my relatives are shit bags and I'd never have seen the thing if it had ended up with them.

Also THEY SHOULDNT HAVE FUCKING DONE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    GOTTA THROW MORE MONEY DOWN THAT DESTINY HOLE, GOGOGO

I mean, this is like the exact opposite of that? Nolan North is going to be way cheaper than Dinkleage so it honestly makes perfect sense to recast the role that no one liked anyway.

Something deck chairs something something Titanic.

TBH at this point Destiny is what it is, and it seems clear that there's a pretty active player base for the what that it is (albeit smaller than expected). Short of a complete design overhaul, the rest of us who couldn't get into it are never going to appreciate the game regardless of what they do moving forward.

It's just weird that they would take the time to recast the role without also taking advantage of the opportunity to address other concerns. If the guy has to re-read all the lines, why not re-write some of the terrible ones while you're at it?

Let's be honest, there are some, " I don't like sand"-quality lines in this game, and no amount of acting or direction would save them.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I mean

Maybe they did rewrite some lines, who knows

My hope is that they put a grimoire card reader in-game with TTK

So I can maybe at least finally make heads or tails of their story

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

I mean, this is like the exact opposite of that? Nolan North is going to be way cheaper than Dinkleage so it honestly makes perfect sense to recast the role that no one liked anyway.

TBH at this point Destiny is what it is, and it seems clear that there's a pretty active player base for the what that it is (albeit smaller than expected). Short of a complete design overhaul, the rest of us who couldn't get into it are never going to appreciate the game regardless of what they do moving forward.

It's just weird that they would take the time to recast the role without also taking advantage of the opportunity to address other concerns. If the guy has to re-read all the lines, why not re-write some of the terrible ones while you're at it?

Let's be honest, there are some, " I don't like sand"-quality lines in this game, and no amount of acting or direction would save them.

The ghost is and was a central part of the launch day Destiny content. It has also been completely and conspicuously absent in the two expansions. Clearly the vision of the game bungie desires incorporates the ghost (and I think it should) so that really only leaves them with the following options:

Pay Peter Dinklage a ton of money to keep playing a part no one liked him in.

Change the voice of the Ghost in the new content and leave it alone in the old content for a really jarring and janky course correction.

Or go whole hog and just recast the part and re-record all the initial dialogue to try and maintain a seamless experience.

The third is clearly the best option and the idea that this change is coming at the expense of extra missions or something is nonsense.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    God I can't stop thinking about some of these lines now being read by Nolan North

"Careful. Its power is dark."

"It's in the walls!"

"The World's Grave. Not ours."

"Guardian down!"

"There's a Wizard here! You have to kill it!"

"'Protects the realms the Vex keep locked out of time.' Time? That can't be right."

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    ZOkog98.jpg

baMAtXt.jpg

• Options
    The pause menu in Galak-Z is the best thing.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    David Cross as Tobias Fünke as The Ghost

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Also someone asked why doesn't your Ghost just die and you get a new one

It was my assumption in-fiction that all Ghosts had the same voice

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I was always under the impression that without your ghost you'd just be dead again

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I was always under the impression that without your ghost you'd just be dead again

you had a weird sunday school

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    David Cross as Tobias Fünke as The Ghost

Tobias reacts to the Nolan North news

http://youtu.be/wBMKARtQReE

• Options

you had a weird sunday school

southern baptism is a hell of a denomination

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Well, Galak-Z just crashed before I refinished Season 1 so there's all of those blueprints gone

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Well, Galak-Z just crashed before I refinished Season 1 so there's all of those blueprints gone

I've been eaten by the big bugs a few too many times.

• Options
    Oh Galak Z is out tomorrow over here, sure yeah that makes sense

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

I had it crash on me on completing a mission near the end of season 2, luckily it saved my progress so it let me resume

also, Galak-Z season 2 complete!

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

The ghost is and was a central part of the launch day Destiny content. It has also been completely and conspicuously absent in the two expansions. Clearly the vision of the game bungie desires incorporates the ghost (and I think it should) so that really only leaves them with the following options:

Pay Peter Dinklage a ton of money to keep playing a part no one liked him in.

Change the voice of the Ghost in the new content and leave it alone in the old content for a really jarring and janky course correction.

Or go whole hog and just recast the part and re-record all the initial dialogue to try and maintain a seamless experience.

The third is clearly the best option and the idea that this change is coming at the expense of extra missions or something is nonsense.

#4) Re-cast the part, re-write the initial dialogue so it isn't terrible and actually makes narrative sense to new players, and then re-record everything, maybe with some direction and voice effects that aren't "robots speak in bored monotone"?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    makes sense?

Let's not go crazy here.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Daaaaaamn

A lot of news about Destiny today

The Nolan North thing is probably the most minor bit of it all

No more light levels! That's certainly interesting

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Totally fine with that

Light levels were real dumb. It'll also make the game (hopefully) more approachable to casual players, they can see all the content without having to grind for purples so they can meet level requirements.

• Options
    Yeah, according to the GI system the light system is being "revised" but once The Taken King hits everyone will be at level 20 and will have to get to level 40 the traditional way (doing quests and bounties and shit)

• Options
    Haha

People are going to be so mad about year one purples staying at 365, and greens dropping immediately at potentially higher attack values

I'm totally OK with it.

• Options
    I'm fine with it too

I am so psyched for TTK

This discussion has been closed.