As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [Playstation] thread has been recast

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
edited August 2015 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRonKStXZM4
You can play as The Terminator in WWE 2K16 if you preorder?

The 1984 and 1991 versions

I didn't know there was really much of a difference between the two

Weird that you can't be Old Arnold

Also do you guys like Playstation stuff

That game is on Playstation

Also N++ is out this week

6F32U1X.png
Mr. G on

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I didn't know there was really much of a difference between the two

one's a face, the other's a heel

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Is it bad if I don't really think the King's Quest/Homestuck thing is going to affect my King's Quest purchasing decision

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    God, that WWE trailer. It's a shame that I vowed not to buy another WWE game until they added an 'Online Stable' coop campaign mode.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Is it bad if I don't really think the King's Quest/Homestuck thing is going to affect my King's Quest purchasing decision

Considering they made it with stolen money probably yeah

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

No. Play games you enjoy.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    The Eurogamer review of The Swindle is a really nice read. The author also kind of loved it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-27-the-swindle-review

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    one is the villain of a gritty piece of realistic sci fi and the other is in a movie made for kids

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I have a fightstick now, so I'm tracking down the fighting games I want but don't own

I totally forgot Disney basically tried to erase Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 from existence

It's crazy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    quiet bluffs

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I played through Hatoful Boyfriend last night

That's

That's a really weird game

And even though the ending I got was mostly uneventful, I feel like there's some sinister shit bubbling beneath the surface in that story

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Oh goodness vow

You only just got the one ending?

The story goes places in the secret act

I think you need to clear every path though, so you might just want to watch a YouTube of it if doing that doesn't sound fun.

I'll say though that some of the other character paths are really spectacular

• Options
    I have located a copy of UMvC3

Forgot how fun that game is

It's basically Capcom Smash Bros, as far as I'm concerned

I just play it to button mash as characters I love

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    yeah but do you play zero

• Options
    No but I do play the best character in the game, Phoenix Wright

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Oh goodness vow

You only just got the one ending?

The story goes places in the secret act

I think you need to clear every path though, so you might just want to watch a YouTube of it if doing that doesn't sound fun.

I'll say though that some of the other character paths are really spectacular

I've done two endings so far, and am really looking forward to the rest. The second one hinted at some weird crap, so I'm really looking forward to the rest. I might aim for one an evening, eke it out a bit.

But ep 4 of Life is Strange drops tomorrow, so tomorrow is accounted for.

• Options
    Also still excellent: Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

It's so much fun

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Well I 200%ed Arkham Knight last knight and added Rocket League to my library (haven't downloaded it yet though). Heard there was some weird menu bug where it could make your PS4 fan go nuts. Has that been addressed?

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    So I got into the last-gen HD consoles really late, which is why I only beat the first Assassin's Creed a couple of days ago. I want to talk about the ending, and figure this is as good a place as any. (It was on PS3, if that helps.)
    The endgame sequence felt really repetitive. You go the funeral, fight a bunch of enemies, go to the battlefield to confront de Sable, fight a bunch of enemies to get to him, fight a bunch of his subordinates, fight him, go back to Masyaf and have a couple fights with a bunch of mind-controlled Assassins, confront Al-Mualim, fight a bunch of illusory projections twice, and then repeatedly hunt him down and fight him a few times to finish him off.

I just felt there was a lot of emphasis on anti-group combat toward the end, and there should have been some sort of unique stealth and/or freerunning challenge added for variety, if nothing else.

Feel free to tell me how later AC games have or have not addressed this issue.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    So I got into the last-gen HD consoles really late, which is why I only beat the first Assassin's Creed a couple of days ago. I want to talk about the ending, and figure this is as good a place as any. (It was on PS3, if that helps.)
    The endgame sequence felt really repetitive. You go the funeral, fight a bunch of enemies, go to the battlefield to confront de Sable, fight a bunch of enemies to get to him, fight a bunch of his subordinates, fight him, go back to Masyaf and have a couple fights with a bunch of mind-controlled Assassins, confront Al-Mualim, fight a bunch of illusory projections twice, and then repeatedly hunt him down and fight him a few times to finish him off.

I just felt there was a lot of emphasis on anti-group combat toward the end, and there should have been some sort of unique stealth and/or freerunning challenge added for variety, if nothing else.

Later Assassin's Creed games are better.

The first game had a lot of promise that was fulfilled first in AC2, then perhaps honed to perfection in AC: Black Flag

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

You should play Assassin's Creed 2 if you liked Assassin's Creed at all.

• Options
    I would say the promise of original AC is fulfilled in Brotherhood

And Black Flag is almost a totally different thing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Black Flag has pretty much all the same gameplay elements of AC2 but you also get a pirate ship, which makes it double the best AC game

• Options
    Yeah but the parts where you aren't in the pirate ship are not great

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    If you want to hit the high notes, play either 2 or Brotherhood next. Probably Black Flag after that for variation. Definitely skip 3.

All AC games since AC1 have been really, really similar in concept. Things are much more scripted, more driven by cutscenes. The open-endedness of the assassinations only really came back in Unity.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Capcom offers its sincerest apologies to everyone who participated in this first beta test. While the purpose of a beta is to work out these type of issues, it was very clear that the issues we faced were more severe than we were prepared for. After three days of testing, while we were making progress and collecting valuable data, we felt the majority of players were not having a good experience, and the best course of action would be to take the servers offline for extended maintenance. We will be postponing our first beta phase until we believe the experience is going to be a positive one for players.

To be clear, this first beta test attempt will not count toward our previously announced beta test allotments. There will still be at least three full beta tests prior to the game’s launch. So for those in the Americas that feel disappointed that they were not able to experience their pre-order incentive, there will be plenty of opportunities prior to launch to experience the game.

Additionally, we are working on a worthwhile in-game incentive for the players that participated in the first beta test. While we can't confirm specifics just yet, we will have more details on this in the coming weeks.

To all of the European and Asian players that felt like they were missing out on the beta since we limited it to North America on Friday and Saturday, we apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the state of the server issues, we had to limit the numbers to a smaller pool in order to identify issues and potential solutions. Either way, we will still be providing these players with an incentive as well, as all territories were inconvenienced.

To all of the players that participated and supported us through this initial phase, we cannot thank you enough. We understand how frustrating it is to be so close to playing the game you are excited for, and to not have it working. The whole team here is very disappointed that we were unable to deliver a proper beta experience this time. Thank you so much for your continued support, and we promise that we will have a better experience for you with the future betas.

We will be sharing more details when available, but for now, we appreciate your patience as we work on solutions to offer the experience that we had intended.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    If you want to hit the high notes, play either 2 or Brotherhood next. Probably Black Flag after that for variation. Definitely skip 3.

All AC games since AC1 have been really, really similar in concept. Things are much more scripted, more driven by cutscenes. The open-endedness of the assassinations only really came back in Unity.

I've heard people make this criticism of the later games many times, but most of the AC1 assassinations didn't feel real open-ended either. Maybe I just sucked at stealth, but they tended to immediately devolve into a chase, a fight, or some fight-chase hybrid.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »

I've heard people make this criticism of the later games many times, but most of the AC1 assassinations didn't feel real open-ended either. Maybe I just sucked at stealth, but they tended to immediately devolve into a chase, a fight, or some fight-chase hybrid.

I also borked every assassination, but to hear some people tell it, you can basically ghost all of them? I guess?

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    I almost got a PS4 last week but then Groupon fucked it all up and now I'm sad.

Waiting for another good deal for a PS4 to show up.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »

Target had them 10% off with Cartwheel but I think that expires today.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    minirhyder wrote: »

Target had them 10% off with Cartwheel but I think that expires today.

This is the truth. It expires tonight. If you get a redcard (debit or credit), you also get another 5% off.

If your state has 7% sales tax like Indiana, it comes out to like $365. And like every system comes with a copy of TLoU or Batman.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    the best part of ac1 was ignoring the game's gentle nudges in favor of the most violent possible solution

whatever part of the game featured a fort by the water, surrounded by guards with the target inside?

solved that by strolling up to the front door, attacking the guys standing there, and letting everyone come to me

maximum fuss, maximum fun

e: also the first time it tried to teach me to blend in with some monks to get through a gate, i just kicked the shit out of the guards and rolled through

altair ain't got time to learn

ac1 ruled

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Ac4 and ac rogue are good stealth action games

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Always kill the beggars/street musicians/etc. too.

If they didn't want to die then they would stop harassing random robe-clad gentlemen after the recent rash of beggar killings executed by robe-clad gentlemen.

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    i don't know why anyone would join the city guard in those games

there are fifty new openings a day for a reason

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Always kill the beggars/street musicians/etc. too.

If they didn't want to die then they would stop harassing random robe-clad gentlemen after the recent rash of beggar killings executed by robe-clad gentlemen.

That's a little Praise Salahadin! He has found the strength to stand in defense of our great civilization! harsh. It's not like those characters are constantly Curse Richard and his army of Infidels! spouting off the same few lines in a way guaranteed to A crusade for what? Ignorance? Violence? Madness! annoy the hell out of you.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    the best part of ac1 was ignoring the game's gentle nudges in favor of the most violent possible solution

whatever part of the game featured a fort by the water, surrounded by guards with the target inside?

solved that by strolling up to the front door, attacking the guys standing there, and letting everyone come to me

maximum fuss, maximum fun

e: also the first time it tried to teach me to blend in with some monks to get through a gate, i just kicked the shit out of the guards and rolled through

altair ain't got time to learn

ac1 ruled

The best part for me was the very end and missing the giant hole in the world then getting to the part where the game clones you and meticulously guiding your counterpart through to the final boss fight. Combat is so much more fun when you're controlling two Altairs with one set of inputs.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Everytime I killed a street musician I made sure to stab him in the gut and I would always whisper "shhhhhhhhhhh"

This discussion has been closed.