As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] When Everyone Has Gjallarhorn, No One Does. Year Two Bungie Stream Wednesday!

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    What is this cheese-tacular login thing I am reading about where you can get all the IB stuff without actually participating in IB?

Stay up all night on Destiny. You have to be active at the time when the IB is about to show up (and be in Orbit). Once the rollover happens, click to go to the Tower and it won't let you. Change your armor piece and you're in.

*Those who maintain jobs during normal business hours need not apply*

My understanding was that you just need to be on and in orbit prior to IB, so you could be on at like 12:50 EST and be fine.

• HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    posting this again in advance of some Iron Bananas to hype everybody into a frenzy of just what is possible... if your name is Triplewreck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acZPrEeofqE

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • KingofMysteryKingofMystery Gamer North QueenslandRegistered User regular
    Quite the destiny following here :) i am new to the forums and hide over in the PaxAustralia forum mainly. Looking forward to seeing some of you around the game :)

Mystery Games
    Gamer. YouTuber. Streamer. Dreamer.

TheMysteryHub. Twitter. Twitch. YouTube.
  • TabinTabin Registered User regular
    I will be on at reset if anyone is interested in doing nightfalls X3

PS4 PSN TabinM

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    What is this cheese-tacular login thing I am reading about where you can get all the IB stuff without actually participating in IB?

Stay up all night on Destiny. You have to be active at the time when the IB is about to show up (and be in Orbit). Once the rollover happens, click to go to the Tower and it won't let you. Change your armor piece and you're in.

My understanding was that you just need to be on and in orbit prior to IB, so you could be on at like 12:50 EST and be fine.

From what I heard, they pushed IB start time to like 10am specifically to combat this shenanigan?

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

From what I heard, they pushed IB start time to like 10am specifically to combat this shenanigan?

I guess we'll see!

very true - however it is still doesn't work completely. if you can time it perfectly, you can still fly into the tower at IB release (10AM) and you won't reset your level - it worked for a clan mate during the latest IB when the reset was at 10AM.

Mystery Games

• TommattTommatt Registered User regular

Nobody cares about us poor swingshifters who lose a whole day of iron banner bounties because they're worried about people cheating the 2am restart timer. Why not either fix it, or just not worry about it? By the time I get home from work the next reset happens usually, or I have an hour to try and knock out all the bounties.

Fix it or embrace it, but don't half ass it both ways.

i completely agree - i live in australia and reset for me is now 3AM as opposed to the previous time of 7PM (same as daily/weekly). No time to do bounties on the first day :(

Mystery Games

Ya it's more an annoyance than anything but it does frustrate me they changed the time just to combat the rank reset glitch, screwing over a portion of players. It's not that big a deal, but they could actually fix it and have it go love at 2 am, or just not worry about it and have it go live at 2 am. Instead they fix nothing and move it to combat it meaning some people don't get to IB at all the first day, while those intent on cheating the system still get to cheat the system.

I guess it goes back to the root of so many of destinies problems, they "fix " things the player base don't see as a problem but we still have bugs from release, and isn't VoG still screwed up from the teleportation changes?

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I've never Iron Banana'd. As a fresh 34 I'm feeling my Cheerios. So how fucked am I?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    It is another week where I must say goodbye to Trials. And this is the one week where I really could have used five wins, because I really need some freaking boots with +heavy ammo on them.

ToO seems super cool but I'm beginning to think it is out of reach for me.

Honestly think they need skill-based matchmaking. It's entirely based on connections so you have no way to prevent new or casual players from getting creamed by x420noscopeblazeitx mlg wannabes.

I am modestly competent at PvP, but ToO is vastly different from my usual playlist, Control. So I've wanted to go in there with at least one really experienced person, or two other people that I play with a lot who are equally interested in PvP.

I'm not looking for a carry exactly--I'm no pro but I'm smart enough to listen and get out of bad engagements and revive people. But I don't really have a regular PvP group that I can turn to to give it a shot.

Which sucks extra because I'm all about aesthetics and the warlock armor is hot shit.

I'd be down for some trials if my regular group isn't on tonight (we normally do Friday and Monday) and I'm typically free sat/sun and down (psn: forwardsboxers)

I don't know if I'll make it on tonight, but on the plus side I don't think I have you on my PSN list! Fixing that now.

Saw you on but my regular group was running ( we did not fair well :()

Good to have another pa dude for those lonely crucible nights!

616610-1.png
    HooverFan wrote: »
    posting this again in advance of some Iron Bananas to hype everybody into a frenzy of just what is possible... if your name is Triplewreck

In going to make a montage if my blade dancer arc blade just getting bitch slapped by golden guns, void bombs, fist of havocs, felwinters...

Seriously I'm starting to just hold into it all match and MAYBe try to defend (not even attack) heavy with it

616610-1.png
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    I've never Iron Banana'd. As a fresh 34 I'm feeling my Cheerios. So how fucked am I?

You'll be fine!

PSN- AHermano
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

In going to make a montage if my blade dancer arc blade just getting bitch slapped by golden guns, void bombs, fist of havocs, felwinters...

Seriously I'm starting to just hold into it all match and MAYBe try to defend (not even attack) heavy with it

People seem REALLY alert about it lately. I've started popping mine from further out and going invisible to approach a group. I've had better luck that way, because if they spot you usually they'll fire a few shots and then you can start lunging at them before they realize you're blade dancing.

But really, sunsingers are my new favorite super. So grenades, very scorches. Much wow.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust

People seem REALLY alert about it lately. I've started popping mine from further out and going invisible to approach a group. I've had better luck that way, because if they spot you usually they'll fire a few shots and then you can start lunging at them before they realize you're blade dancing.

But really, sunsingers are my new favorite super. So grenades, very scorches. Much wow.

I'm starting to see some sunsingers moving like crack ninjas lately. Only a few times this week so maybe it's lag... I dunno.

But yeah sunsinger is one of the scariest supers. I need to be better at throwing nades in general but especially to maximize that.

Also I just realized how arc blade generates like shit for orbs compared to the other supers. One kill zero orbs, two one orb. Compare that to sunsinger who gets two just for using it or golden gun who shits them all over the battlefield not fair, game!

616610-1.png
    I am terrible at being a Warlock haha. Especially Sunsinger - I just don't know what to do lol. On another note, weekly reset time and need PSN friends :) (and always welcome the XBL friends!)

XBL: KingofMystery
    PSN: K1ngofMystery

Mystery Games

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    The thread title just makes me think 'Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!'

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

I'm starting to see some sunsingers moving like crack ninjas lately. Only a few times this week so maybe it's lag... I dunno.

But yeah sunsinger is one of the scariest supers. I need to be better at throwing nades in general but especially to maximize that.

Also I just realized how arc blade generates like shit for orbs compared to the other supers. One kill zero orbs, two one orb. Compare that to sunsinger who gets two just for using it or golden gun who shits them all over the battlefield not fair, game!

You dont get 2 orbs for activating Sunsinger Radiance.

The only class that gets orbs solely for activating a super is Defender.

I find Sunsingers pretty damn easy to kill, because everyone is using Fireborn which is not that hard to anticipate, Radiant Skin Sunsingers are more dangerous but less used, I'm going to use my Warlock in Trials with Radiant Skin instead of Fireborn next time, they probably wont expect it and I dont have to sit on my super.

Sirialis on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    HEROIC:
    Archon Priest
    Juggler

NIGHTFALL:
    Taniks the Scarred (HoW Strike)
    Arc Burn
    Juggler
    Brawler

34 PoE:
    Urrox

Variks:
    Titan: Helmet (Int/Dis, +Recovery/Super against Hive, Grenades recharge melee, +Super on non-guardian kills)
    Hunter/Warlock: I dunno, don't feel like checking the others lol
    Fusion Rifle (Hidden Hand, Suppress captain abilities)

Crippl3 on
    ARCBURN BRAWLER

KNEE EVERYTHING IN THE FACE

CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CANT LOSE

edited July 2015
    We just had Archon Priest with Void Burn in the last Weekly Heroic and its the same strike again just with a way shittier modifier? Great.

Sirialis on
  • caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I think they're on vacation or something. It really is limited how much "Are you sure this is a good idea?!" I can take from Peter Dingledong.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
    That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy, act like it never happened.....

Anyways....

Quickest and easiest nightfall ever. Hop on LFG, and they're already at the tank. Burn everything down, and it's over. One person got Truth and the other a really bad voidfang vestmants roll. I got some purple pulse rifle. So I've done the nightfall I think 5 weeks in a row now after coming back for HoW. Got 3 Thunderlords in a Row I believe, and now two purples. Some strange RNG there. Still no Giglahorn. I'll get it one day before the next expansion and the very first quest will involve it getting erased from existence.

edited July 2015
    I am terrible at being a Warlock haha. Especially Sunsinger - I just don't know what to do lol. On another note, weekly reset time and need PSN friends :) (and always welcome the XBL friends!)

XBL: KingofMystery
    PSN: K1ngofMystery

I don't know how or why people go sunsinger in PvP. It's good, and grenade spam can be useful, and it's fun. But I cannot pass up void walker for the sheer burst and multikill potential. Especially with bloom and the new nothing manicles. Plus, blink is the shit. Lord Sith Warlock might change that in the expansion, but Voidwalker is where it's at.

Some tips.
    - Axion Bolt is amazing unless you have nothing manticles. Then scatter grenade is the shit. Especially with bloom, bloom is amazing. You want to pick that. You make stuff blow up that blows up other stuff, and next thing you know, the whole enemy team is all blown up.
    - Jump is blink, always blink, except in PvE, which is what Sunsinger is for. Learn it, love it, live it.
    - For melee you have choices but go with life steal. Often it'll be on cool down when you need it, but when you do, and it's there, its amazing.
    - Super is your choice, I like shatter. Lance is actually really good as well, and vortex can be good to lock down points in control such as heavy or a cap point. I'd say go with lance or vortex.
    - I usually have anihilate on, as I think Angry magic is almost worthless (If you use shatter all three will track just one).
    - last row, Bloom, Always bloom.

TL;DR, Pick Void, get super, hit both bumpers

https://youtu.be/yYhYWXxuCQU

Tommatt on
    edited July 2015
    At least the NF and the 34 PoE seem decent this week, I only go WH for rep these days, I have an absurd amount of Strange Coins.

Sirialis on
    I did the weekly at the last moment earlier tonight/ this morning, and a guy had word of crota. Which I guess is a void hand cannon. I want that. Does it only drop off of Crota?

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Sweet, Variks has helmets this week

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Do the warlock/hunter Variks helmets look cool?

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
    Theres a little bit of derp in the Warlock helmet but overall I think its cool

Hunter one pretty cool with zero derp

Titan went full derp

• DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Hmmmm even though the helmets this week are all Hive Recovery, they all have excellent stat rolls.

Edit: WHelp, my mistake, Warlock is Cabal... still all are Int/Dis

Dajoran on
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    HEROIC:
    Archon Priest
    Juggler

NIGHTFALL:
    Taniks the Scarred (HoW Strike)
    Arc Burn
    Juggler
    Brawler

34 PoE:
    Urrox

Variks:
    Titan: Helmet (Int/Dis, +Recovery/Super against Hive, Grenades recharge melee, +Super on non-guardian kills)
    Hunter/Warlock: I dunno, don't feel like checking the others lol
    Fusion Rifle (Hidden Hand, Suppress captain abilities)

Wow @Crippl3 you classist you. Warlocks, as you punch Titans to death with our superior punch that they could only dream of, remember crippl3, the lonliest titan who couldn't. And Hunters, as you throw your dull knives getting no melee kills awarded towards bounties, curse the name crippl3, for he is the one who your hate desires.

For our superior classes this week we are offered
    Warlocks Helmet (ooooh One I want too!) with INtelect and Disc and recovery/super speed against cabal.

Now go out there and laugh as titans T-Rex arm you with their punches and you lifesteal from a map across, and laugh as though they are all @Crippl3 . Go forth warlocks, and throw grenades and nova bombs at an increased rate and crush puny titan bubbles as they produce a lonely two orbs and sit there, waiting.

What, did Hunters expect their item too? I said master race, not activate super and mash button easy mode in PvP brethren!

skyknyt wrote: »

Warlock helm is exact same model as Dusk Tread VII

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Tommatt wrote: »

Warlock helm is exact same model as Dusk Tread VII

Well that's just disappointing.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160

Warlock: Kellbreaker's Mind (looks nothing like Dusk Tread - closest would be Viper Spine, maybe):

tumblr_nrqplnAKmp1skezsuo1_500.jpg

Hunter: Kellhunter's Sight

CFhNsFTUUAI5mju.jpg:large

• CelianCelian Registered User regular
    I think the important take-away here is that those two helmets don't look as ridiculous as the titan helmet.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
    The Titan helmet is awesome - it's obviously designed to give added lift to the Peregrine Greaves Tiger Knee.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

You'll be fine!

Select your pistol.

Then, select your Guardian.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • CelianCelian Registered User regular
    I'm just amazed the thing even stays on during Tiger Knee. My Exo Titan must have some serious bolts holding his neck to his body.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

You'll be fine!

Select your pistol.

Then, select your Guardian.

So just equip last word or thorn and chicken wing it? Cool I can do that much at least!

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."