As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Worlds are here! Tag your spoilers!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »

"Buy a BF sword, because nothing makes your gun more powerful than buying a bunch of swords"

what if it's a gun that shoots swords

fwocka fwocka fwocka

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »

"Buy a BF sword, because nothing makes your gun more powerful than buying a bunch of swords"

what if it's a gun that shoots swords

fwocka fwocka fwocka

Has there ever been a fictional 'gun' that did this in any tv series (probably animated)?

Now, using swords in place of arrows? Yeah, sure. I've seen that more than once.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Punisher once had a gun that shot swords in a comic!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Punisher once had a gun that shot swords in a comic!

yes

that was the joke

RAWPOWER95497cf98e9083e.jpg

• Options
    spafeyspafey Registered User regular
    So the new Gangplank is a bit of a beast as far as I can tell. Triforce into IE seems to be the scariest thing once its done, (thanks parrley gold) and the wave-clear is glorious. The barrels can be placed at one hell of a range too, free wards/death-traps! Not to mention you decimate now in melee, true damage never gets old and a good counter-engage can now blow up the whole enemy team!

However

Before all this there was feeding. Mass feeding.

Barrel timings are tricky. :bigfrown:

I ate the entire cake. At one point, I remember becoming aware of the oppressive fullness building inside of me, but I kept eating out of a combination of spite and stubbornness. No one could tell me not to eat an entire cake - not my mom, not Santa, not God - no one. I would eat cake whenever I damn well pleased. It was my cake and everyone else could go fuck themselves.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    So whats the average timeline for a patch cycle? Two months? I'm asking because the Darius rework is supposedly in 2-3 patches and it worries me. I kind of want to play him as much as I can in his current state before they change him.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    We generally get a patch every two or three weeks.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    This is the first time I've been disappointed that a game updates so quickly.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    So, if I wanted to start playing Shyv, what is the suggested build right now? Devour into BorK into tank? Or just skip the BorK?

yep, devourer (chilling smite) into bork is your core. grab either mercs or tabis.

after that, build to the situation... good ideas are black cleaver, hexdrinker (vs bursty AP), randuins

you can also go cinderhulk, but I don't think that really plays to shyvana's strengths as a split-pushy, megafarming damage threat

case study: Hai vs. Team 8
    http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/TRLH1/1001280089?gameHash=bd91475eb3a1809a&tab=builds&participant=7
    Jars wrote: »
    warmog's is hot on shy because she gets a ton of innate mitigation

So, I tried it out:
    4XdvmAM.jpg

Edit: My favorite parts were being able to go toe-to-toe with WW and win and bursting the enemy Vayne from ~50% to 0 before she killed me despite being at ~20% myself.

PrjctD_Captain on
    Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    MeeqeMeeqe Lord of the pants most fancy Someplace amazingRegistered User regular
    I am no longer winning at LoL, I reinstalled today, and then crushed some ARAM games to remember what buttons do. God help me, it was so much fun.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    did caitlyn just get caught out all game or something

jesus

Fuck Caitlyn.
    What the hell was Nasus doing?
    c51b3deaa1676b84f5c838c0c14dfc49.jpg

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Was that Vayne planning to buy a Sated Devourer from the shop third fourth item oorrrrr?

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

There used to be a new champion every two weeks, which meant every Tuesday there was a new patch. That was way too fast. It feels like it takes a little while for patches, like a month or so. Not sure, I don't pay much attention to the time between patches. Either way I think that they're better taking more time in between patches to give more time for stuff to settle. A longer cycle gives people more time to develop alongside the patch instead of wahh wahh X is OP and gets it changed right away.

butts
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    What's the most broken a champ has ever been on release?

Xin? I'm pretty sure it's Xin.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Nobody's gonna beat Xin. He defines the scale of overpowered release state.

Vlad's like an 8 or 9 out of 10 on the Xin scale.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Nobody's gonna beat Xin. He defines the scale of overpowered release state.

Vlad's like an 8 or 9 out of 10 on the Xin scale.

Xin being a 15 out of 10 on the Xin scale.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    i wasn't there for xin

in terms of "ha ha well this champ isn't just designed with huge oversight as to what their kit does to the game (jax, tf)"

but Leblanc was pretty up there

Zyra also a strong contender

like these people were hotfixed a couple days after release

Orphane on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    did caitlyn just get caught out all game or something

jesus

Fuck Caitlyn.
    What the hell was Nasus doing?
    c51b3deaa1676b84f5c838c0c14dfc49.jpg

Whenever I asked him to help he would just say

"i have tp"

and then get caught.

like i actually explained that we need to group because if nasus gets caught we will lose our front line and engage potential.

kindly. i did all of this kindly.

and nope. just hanging out giving wins away no matter how hard DUE tries.

at the end of the game I had a conversation with our sejuani about what her goals were at certain points of the game. basically it was in her mind that if we lose a tower it's the worst possible scenario.

so for her baron was less important than our bot lane outer tower.

and when she said losing towers is why it's bad to group up

i left the end game chat and cried myself to sleep.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Wasn't Diana really good on release?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »

Yeah her ratios were bananas. Seconding LB though. Especially since I was an Annie main at the time.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

Yeah her ratios were bananas. Seconding LB though. Especially since I was an Annie main at the time.

diana was obnoxiously strong but her kit has inherent weaknesses

leblanc literally couldn't lose to anyone in mid because she did more damage, spent less mana, and gave you literally .4 seconds to react to her going in on you before she was out again

she could tower dive anyone with impunity

• Options
    xin's release kit had gobs of passive (and active) attack speed, gobs of passive cdr all built on how fast he attacked (kind of like his current kit, but with fewer limits), and did high base damages. his kit was tank and DPS at the same time and also he could gapclose anyone whenever he wanted and then reset all his cooldowns with a couple swings of his spear. also, black cleaver back then had attack speed on it and shredded flat armor, making targets like ADCs effectively 0 armor vs. xin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHw1_Csup84

• Options
    Oh god the winter map

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular

Just pray they wont ruin darius the way the ruind veigar.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Just pray they wont ruin darius the way the ruind veigar.

darius already has a skillshot in his kit, so he'll be fine

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    man i am just dropping over the last few days.

i had that huge crashing issue that knocked me out of my promos and it's just been downhill since then.
    What do we do when we fall, Master Edward?

Fuck this shit I'm a billionaire

Back in the day we got a new champion every two weeks. It was not a good time.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Didn't Beta TF have Teleport on E? An AoE Stun? And his Ult was reveal + constant slow?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    leblanc is one of the only champions who needed to be hotfixed on release

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Didn't Beta TF have Teleport on E? An AoE Stun? And his Ult was reveal + constant slow?

Yep, yep, and yep.

Here's some alpha patch notes describing changes to his kit *after* he received a remake because he was too strong. Gate was his E, and had a 3 second cast time to teleport (ulting made it instant, though). It did have a long cooldown. Gold card was changed to a single-target stun in 1.0.0.63, while Stacked Deck was implemented/Gate was added to Destiny in a rework in 1.0.0.79. His ult slowed all enemy champions by 40% for 5/6/7 seconds.

May 9, 2009 Patch: Remake

Wild Cards (Q) remade
    Wild Cards has moved to the "Q" key and has a new function: Cardmaster throws three cards in front of him which deal damage to each enemy they pass through.

Pick a Card (W) added
    Cardmaster draws cards in a sequential order and gets an added effect on his next attack according to the card he he has picked.
    Blue Card
    Blue Card adds magic damage and the ability to draw another card.
    Red Card
    Red Card explodes, dealing magic damage to all enemies near the target and slowing their movement for 1 second.
    Gold Card
    Gold Card explodes, dealing magic damage to all enemies in an area and stuns them for 1.25 seconds.

Destiny (Ultimate)
    Now makes Gate instant cast while it is active.
    Now reveals stealthed units.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    "Gangplank is dead and has been disabled in all queues."

....Wow. LOL Riot. LOL.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    RIP Gangplank

Oranges could not save you

• Options
    "Champion death is unprecedented in League of Legends, and we do not take it lightly. We encourage all Gangplank fans to remain calm for a few days until we can fully assess the situation. At this time, we are not addressing refund requests for him or his skins but please know that over the next several days we’ll do our best to make things right for everyone."

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    zyra didn't have obscene numbers she was just really good overall- higher move speed, little more plant damage, more ult range

• Options

yeah that's why i qualified my picks with "weren't just designed without thinking of how their kits broke the game"

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    zyra didn't have obscene numbers she was just really good overall- higher move speed, little more plant damage, more ult range

yeah but everything added up to her having basically no weaknesses and being able to shit on a whole team by herself in aoe w/o really trying

which is why she got hotfixed

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    All release Zyra could do was win.

butts
  • Options
    basically

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

Release Jax was the worst

• Options
    Black Market Brawlers is so damn fun guys. This is the best damn game mode.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    "Champion death is unprecedented in League of Legends, and we do not take it lightly. We encourage all Gangplank fans to remain calm for a few days until we can fully assess the situation. At this time, we are not addressing refund requests for him or his skins but please know that over the next several days we’ll do our best to make things right for everyone."

I half expect the Ghost Gangplank skin will become his default skin and he'll be a vengeful ghost from now on, and that default Gangplank is a free alternate skin like what they did for Karma and Sej. At least, that would be the smart and faithful to the lore thing they could do, but then they can't charge everyone for Ghost Gangplank, so probably not going to happen.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png