As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Superhero Thread! Fantastic Four is comi-X GON GIVE IT TO YA!

BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
edited August 2015 in Social Entropy++
The Summer is winding down so we're at our last superhero movie of the year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E7jxEHPMQM

Films currently in production:
Deadpool (with a trailer dropping today)
X-Men: Apocalypse
Captain America: Civil War
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Suicide Squad

COMICS STUFF
dcyou-feat.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89
DC has been doing better lately but is still largely kinda bad.

DC books worth buying:
Action Comics
Batman
Batman/Superman
Batgirl
Black Canary
Constantine: The Hellblazer
Aquaman
Bombshells
Midnighter
Starfire
Gotham Academy

all_new_all_different_marvel.jpg

Marvel is still in the midst of Secret Wars, its best big event crossover in years. Most of it is worth picking up although there are definitely titles to avoid (WHERE MONSTERS DWELL). In October they are beginning their All-New All-Different Marvel relaunch, relaunching every series they have over the course of a few months with an 8-month time skip between the end of Secret Wars and the #1s. A lot of it looks really cool!

sexcrim1-4thprint-cov.jpg?1387490948

Image is doin' cool shit as always, you should probably read Image stuff.

SUPERHEROES!

CYpGAPn.png
BlankZoe on

• Options
    Okay the real reason I made this thread was so I could post this page of Danny Rand and Misty Knight on a date:
    MD004-100-a1544.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    BEN, PUT SOME PANTS ON

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Batman: the brave and the bold remains my preferred DC media

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Does DC include codes with comics? Was looking at Bombshells but don't want to add more physical pulls.

• Options
    Does DC include codes with comics? Was looking at Bombshells but don't want to add more physical pulls.
    They do not, no

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Bombshells is a digital first comic. I think they're $1 an issue (for the digital issues, not the collected ones)?

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

Bombshells is a digital first comic. I think they're $1 an issue (for the digital issues, not the collected ones)?

They are! Awesome!

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Comics-Bombshells-2015/comics-series/50159

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    They do not, no

But if you love half page energy drink ads they cant be beat!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Batman: the brave and the bold remains my preferred DC media

BatB is great

me and Kale are finally watching Young Justice and it's great

The DCAU shows are great

lotta good stuff in the DC Animation department

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I love how Brave and the Bold handled the Blue Beetle legacy.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Danny Rand's face Everything in that preview page reminds me a heck of a lot of MikeLL's style.

Like holy shit that's a dead ringer for his work.

Dedwrekka on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I have obtained intel from a reliable source that my family is planning a surprise birthday party for me. They are aware that Dr. Doom is my favorite comic book villain, and I think they're going to take me to the F4 premier.

On a strictly unrelated topic, does anyone have any practical experience in faking their own death? Particularly in ways that could be implemented before this Friday? My interest is... purely academic, of course!

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Danny Rand's face Everything in that preview page reminds me a heck of a lot of MikeLL's style.

Like holy shit that's a dead ringer for his work.
    The coloring is really similar but Gurihiru is a little more anime influenced

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    IBS, Eating really spicy foods, give yourself pink eye. First things that come to mind on the non fatal front.

• Options
    Shit, I'd go see the movie if someone else is paying

• Options
    edited August 2015

If the only cost was money, I'd agree. But there's also a cost in an hour and forty minutes minimum of precious Birthday time wasted, and in memory space allocated with no conventional option for purging, and especially in the social pressure of pretending that I'm grateful for the gift, until I can't take it any more and vomit nerd-lore all over my family about how that was a pitiful, unworthy mockery of the true majesty of DOOM, a wretched FARCE that can NOT COMPARE to his GLORY AND MIGHT, how DARE THEY, THOSE IGNORANT IMBECILES, THOSE CRAVEN SAVAGES, THEY WILL RUE THE DAY THAT THEY THUS SLANDERED LATVERIA'S SUPERNAL SOVEREIGN, MARK MY WORDS, THE SKIES WILL THUNDER WITH THE TORMENTED WAILS OF DOOM'S ENEMIES WHEN AT LAST THE DAY OF VENGEANCE IS AT HAND, RICHARDS!!! RIIIIICHAAAAARDSSSS!!!!!

And then we'll have cake & ice cream, and it will all be hella awkward, I just know it.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

If the only cost was money, I'd agree. But there's also a cost in an hour and forty minutes minimum of precious Birthday time wasted, and in memory space allocated with no conventional option for purging, and especially in the social pressure of pretending that I'm grateful for the gift, until I can't take it any more and vomit nerd-lore all over my family about how that was a pitiful, unworthy mockery of the true majesty of DOOM, a wretched FARCE that can NOT COMPARE to his GLORY AND MIGHT, how DARE THEY, THOSE IGNORANT IMBECILES, THOSE CRAVEN SAVAGES, THEY WILL RUE THE DAY THAT THEY THUS SLANDERED LATVERIA'S SUPERNAL SOVEREIGN, MARK MY WORDS, THE SKIES WILL THUNDER WITH THE TORMENTED WAILS OF DOOM'S ENEMIES WHEN AT LAST THE DAY OF VENGEANCE IS AT HAND, RICHARDS!!! RIIIIICHAAAAARDSSSS!!!!!

And then we'll have cake & ice cream, and it will all be hella awkward, I just know it.

You're going to blame Miles Teller for this movie being bad, aren't you.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Just remember that a gift is more about recognizing that the giver thought of you than the content of the gift. Take it as acceptance by the family and an opportunity to spend time with them.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Also, use it as an excuse to spend the hour after the movie talking about good Doom stories with people who are obligated to tolerate it.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Ant-Man
    lO3eoHX.png

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The Deadpool trailer will premier tonight on Conan.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Ant-Man
    lO3eoHX.png
    Basking Robbins always finds out

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    I dig it

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Here's another page from Secret Wars Secret Love

tumblr_nsivncQYQL1re8ijgo1_540.jpg

• Options
    vandal-savage-146497.jpg
    Casper Crump will be playing Vandal Savage in Arrow, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow.

his name is Casper Crump

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hot damn...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Man, I am so excited for the next season of all the DC TV shows

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That is a good looking Vandal Savage

I am into that

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Hot damn...

make a dragon want to retire, man

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2015
    It didn't dawn on me until recently that since The Flash show people have talked about bringing in other Flashes and because Wally is related to Iris, we could maybe see the first time Flash is presented as a black dude?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    It didn't dawn on me until recently that since The Flash show people have talked about bringing in other Flashes and because Wally is related to Iris, we could maybe see the first time Flash is presented as a black dude?

wouldn't be the first time

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Alrighty, I wasn't sure.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    So, I'm having half-formed arguments about why the DC live-action stuff is shit. I have Batman: the brave and the bold as a counter to Goyer and Snyder.

What are the most loved Superman, Batman and suicide squad comics?

All-star Superman is obvious. What are other Superman comics?

Morrison and Scott Snyder have done great things with Batman. How accessible are those?

What about suicide squad?

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Court of Owls is one of my favorite Batman stories of all time.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I bet actors are pretty happy about the comic book boom

Because now you don't just book a TV show or a movie

You book 3 TV shows and 4 movies at once

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Good lord. I feel like I need to apprise him of my safeword.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    That Vandal Savage is legit man, holy fuck. Also apparently Stephen Amell is going to be on WWE Raw next Monday. Even as someone who isn't a wrestling fan, it'd be rad as fuck to see him come out in his new Green Arrow costume.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Also boxing glove arrow in WWE, please.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
This discussion has been closed.