As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX] South '16 - Sayanora Rolling Star! (Forum photo in Tube's thread, link on last page)

1555657585961»

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    If they didn't quite sell out this year, a little extra lead time isn't a terrible idea. Means I can get my hotel and flight arranged earlier too, so that's fine with me.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    That is ridiculously early. I mean, knowing they didn't sell out until much later last year, I guess I don't have to be overly concerned, but I mean, tickets for Prime haven't even gone on sale yet

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I liked having the badges show up later, it meant I could save up for my trip and get it all done at once. As it is our wallets still hurt just a little from the last trip, especially the hotel. I guess I could just wait and reserve a room later on, but geez.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hmm, do we have any idea of a date for the next PAX South? They can't really move it up too much further before it starts to step on the toes of Prime or Aus.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Hmm, do we have any idea of a date for the next PAX South? They can't really move it up too much further before it starts to step on the toes of Prime or Aus.

I would venture a guess that it'll be around the same time, and they're just putting badges up early to hopefully sell more of them.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I wonder if the lack of media coverage at South is going to mean less prominent exhibitors, and in turn is going to mean lower attendance. At this last one some exhibitors were commenting that they'd only seen one or two media people the entire time.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I think South is pretty well slotted into "the weekend before the Super Bowl", so Jan. 27-29, 2017 seems likely.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    ... it being that early means I might be able to use the funds from my cancelled flght to book next year's (except I think its too early in may to book january, so probably fucked)

hilarious

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It's also right AFTER the holiday season, rather than before. And with East being just a couple of months later, folks are still hedging waiting to see if the show grows like East did before they make the journey, I'd wager.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I hope South keeps doing all right. It and Prime are the two that work for me as far as timing and location, and South's vibe is a much better fit for me. I hope it doesn't get caught in some kind of downward spiral where press doesn't show up in force because fewer big game companies show up, leading to more game companies backing out, leading to more press backing out, and so on.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    This is actually a genius idea.

If it isn't sold out, prime tickets will hit, sell out in 5 minutes, and Robert can point to the orange button over here that is also a cool pax.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

If it isn't sold out, prime tickets will hit, sell out in 5 minutes, and Robert can point to the orange button over here that is also a cool pax.

Eww, it's in Texas though? Nevermind.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I think South is pretty well slotted into "the weekend before the Super Bowl", so Jan. 27-29, 2017 seems likely.

can I hope for just a week earlier so that I can actually go without fucking myself over school-wise

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The twist is its actually Dec. 30 - Jan. 1. New Years PAX

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Goose! wrote: »
    The twist is its actually Dec. 30 - Jan. 1. New Years PAX

Awesome.

I would have no problem with that.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »

Eww, it's in Texas though? Nevermind.

Okay, smell ya later!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such