As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Transferring an email address/easy email forward/paniccing?

WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
Is there anyway to get a forwarding address put on an email, or have an email forced to be forwarded/traded to a different ISP. We are being screwed left and right by ours and finally found an alternate option.

But seems like we are gonna be stuck losing a 20 year + email address, ( The one option company said they "had" was I could pay 60$ a month to keep it with their "basic internet" and just not hook it up, this is stupid, how can email addresses still be held hostage in this day and age?

Is there an easy way to like, have your email quickly find out /send out a mail to find out every single account the email is attached to to change email settings? I am paniccing this email is basically every important account.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    If they own the email domain, you are pretty much screwed. About all you can do is send an email to all your contacts asking them to change the address, but it's on them to do so.

This is also why using an ISP's email (especially as primary) is not a good idea.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    It's not really holding your email address hostage. It's their domain name, and they're hosting it.

Is their cheapest plan really $60/month??? I'd say switch ISPs and keep the old one active for a month, whilst emailing everyone personally who sends you something about your new address. Effectively, it's a 30-day change of address that way.

But get Gmail. Don't get email with your new ISP provider. There is literally not one single reason to.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    It's not really holding your email address hostage. It's their domain name, and they're hosting it.

Is their cheapest plan really $60/month??? I'd say switch ISPs and keep the old one active for a month, whilst emailing everyone personally who sends you something about your new address. Effectively, it's a 30-day change of address that way.

But get Gmail. Don't get email with your new ISP provider. There is literally not one single reason to.

Ya I've already begun transferring what i can think of, just damn, 2 decades of backlog to try and figure out , sigh, ya , sucks there's no transfer of domains or anything of that sort yet.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508