As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] The Crate Depression

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I totally didn't forget to bookmark the new thread and thusly completely forgot about HonC, guys

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ThrackThrack Registered User regular
    Ugh, it would be nice if TF2 would stop crashing so I can finish this damn Powerhouse contract.
    Also, TF2 birthday! Noisemakers forever!

• EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Noisemakers are operational, time for another ______ Assholes video?

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    If someone has a good group gimmick that could work, I'd be down for arranging it again.

Airstrike/Beggars Parachute Defense Legion on payload!
    Scorch Shot Brigade on Upward or Doublecross!
    Huntsman/Machina Firing Line down chokes!
    Demo Artillery, a rain of pills!

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Bind noise maker to all movement keys.

Airstrike Assholes does have some nice alteration.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Airstrike Assholes and the Quest for More Ammo Crates.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I assume rift is going to get ported to it?

Past tense. The motherfucker already did it. I'll see about getting it for Friday.

Also..

So there's a hidden easteregg room on the new map.
    qGeYQTw.jpg

Here it is in full bright:
    p00BzMj.jpg

Those backpacks look awfully familiar to me:
    (this is from TFC)

I could just be connecting it because it's green, though.

Last we heard in the comic, the Medic was looking forward to smashing the TFC crew against his old team.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I'm just curious as to whether or not they have any grand design for TF2 besides a dumping ground for undeveloped ideas. And hats. So many hats.

Shit, what is Valve even doing these days besides sucking up Steam money? There's been Source 2 rumors for years now, and yet another E3 went by without a mention. The last big game they did was Dota 2, which wasn't even their own thing.

I managed to miss this before, but Source 2 isn't a rumor, they have the beta client up for Source 2 DotA2. It looks purty.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I'm still half convinced HL 3 will be out holidays this year. Less confident than before, but it could line up with their VR release. How's that for a killer app to release with it?

turtleant wrote: »
    "Airstrike Assholes

(and the Pocket Engi)"

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I'm just curious as to whether or not they have any grand design for TF2 besides a dumping ground for undeveloped ideas. And hats. So many hats.

Shit, what is Valve even doing these days besides sucking up Steam money? There's been Source 2 rumors for years now, and yet another E3 went by without a mention. The last big game they did was Dota 2, which wasn't even their own thing.

I managed to miss this before, but Source 2 isn't a rumor, they have the beta client up for Source 2 DotA2. It looks purty.

actually in DOTA's case it looks exactly the same as the old engine, as far as I can tell. All the engine changes are under-the-hood things.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    turtleant wrote: »
    "Airstrike Assholes

(and the Pocket Engi)"

Or the Pocket Heavy!

https://youtu.be/zplSFTJgPdY

(the thing I'm referencing is towards the end of the video)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    I'm still half convinced HL 3 will be out holidays this year. Less confident than before, but it could line up with their VR release. How's that for a killer app to release with it?

you're a crazy person

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    You know, it's funny, but I'm pretty sure the QWTF Heavy *could* actually throw ammo packs. I'm not sure on that, though, it's been a *long* time.

Sadly can't pull up the old website to check, due to GameSpy shutting down and whatnot.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch

actually in DOTA's case it looks exactly the same as the old engine, as far as I can tell. All the engine changes are under-the-hood things.

you sure? I'm pretty sure there were massive texture reworks for the reborn beta. Like if you put it on ultra the grass and the trees don't look like ass anymore.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    does it look different on ultra? I can't run it on ultra so I wouldn't know, on mostly medium settings it is indistinguishable from the old client to me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

why waste money making a game when they make billions off of the community making hats

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    they're definitely making half life three

it just has a small team because half life isn't interesting

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    With what I hear about Valve's management style, I generally picture people getting hired on, all eager to finally help make HL3 a reality, and then six months later go "nah fuck this" and design pets for dota for a year.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    does it look different on ultra? I can't run it on ultra so I wouldn't know, on mostly medium settings it is indistinguishable from the old client to me

Source 2 is specifically designed so that old machines can still run it but new machines aren't limited because of that, so yes, there is a wide gap between medium and ultra

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    as someone who openly endorses absurdist humor, this new jerma video is beyond me

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    He's been getting pretty weird lately, yeah.

dork cube is art
    that new video is pretty weird though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    That was humour?
    That's precisely how I feel every time my backpack fills up with crap and I can no longer play TF2 without deleting something.
    That Jerma video was a brilliant analogy.

• Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The newest issue of the comic, the one that's coming mid-august and certainly before september?

e: alright... twitter embedding isn't as simple as pasting the link?
    Well, Jay says the comic is coming out on Monday, the 31st (before midnight)

ee: well, shit, turns out it shows up after you refresh

Mr. Buttons on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Eltorro64Rus has issued another one of his absurd, mildly disturbing, yet hilarious TF2-themed GMod videos. This one shows uncharacteristic narrative coherence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWBLzNojufw

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    Well this happened. So, I just ordered a 24 slot Chicago based server to host all of my maps + some other customs + stock maps. I get non-stop "IP?" comments posted on my videos/ workshop maps, so I can finally give them something.

Plus, this way I can keep the most rabid of nerds away from you guys.

edited August 2015
    good way to spend all the mapper money you're getting

oh wait you actually have a patreon, you actually have mapper money

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    My life is weeeeird

edited August 2015
    Well that was fast. Still needs configuring and all that, but:
    b_560_95_1.png

Also I could use a better name. Preferably one with UEAKCrash/ Crash and Nerds in it. Any ideas?

UEAKCrash on
    Nerdo's Bizarre Adventure: Server is Not Crash

• xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Crash's House of Nerds

Stay true to your TF2 roots. :rotate:

Also I get a ~25ms ping to that server which is 1/3 what I get to HONC so that should turn me into some kind of god.

Crash's House of Map Conformity

xzzy wrote: »
    Also I get a ~25ms ping to that server which is 1/3 what I get to HONC so that should turn me into some kind of god.

doesn't that just turn you into someone on the west coast?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    xzzy wrote: »
    Crash's House of Nerds

Stay true to your TF2 roots. :rotate:

Yeah that name works. Good call.

I get a 40 ping on it, I was hoping to have better since there's only a damn lake separating me from Chicago.

Granted a big fucking lake, but still.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Muselk is the rudest sniper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rMw3JEIiQ

jnij103vqi2i.png