As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Edwardian Fashion [Chat]

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    GTnxWLCl.jpg

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Trace wrote: »
    GTnxWLCl.jpg

Nice use of the "Nope" maneuver there.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Spotify's new privacy policy is fun.
    With your permission, we may collect information stored on your mobile device, such as contacts, photos, or media files. Local law may require that you seek the consent of your contacts to provide their personal information to Spotify, which may use that information for the purposes specified in this Privacy Policy.

Story here.

That's some story...

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Sure. My point was that if it takes anything more than that then don't have grass. The purpose is that it's a low maintenance surface.

A lawn with a picket fence is a vital part of the American Dream.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I think I left this shirt in the washer too long before drying it because it smells weird

I have done this; home remedy is rewashing with a bit of vinegar.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    GTnxWLCl.jpg

I might have just turned right. when that showed up on the radar.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    The police broke the window of a car that was getting warmer and warmer with a toddler inside

The mom was the one who called them, because she locked herself out of her own car. Which, fair enough, that happens.

But am I wrong for thinking that lady, you're kinda useless aren't you

break the window yourself. Or, call a locksmith, ask how fast they can come, if not fast enough, break a window.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2015
    zepherin wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    GTnxWLCl.jpg

I might have just turned right. when that showed up on the radar.

Depending on how quickly that cell formed and what direction it is traveling (no compass on the screen so I do not know where the storm is located), it is possible the pilot would not have had confidence in making a sharp right at the point they began evasive maneuvers. They were able to give it a wider berth doing the loop.

edit: also, fuel considerations. Depending on the length of the cell, they may have had to ride "northeast" for a significant amount of time, rerouting them to a different airport (or the open sea, depending again on location).

Is actually masterful.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    The police broke the window of a car that was getting warmer and warmer with a toddler inside

The mom was the one who called them, because she locked herself out of her own car. Which, fair enough, that happens.

break the window yourself. Or, call a locksmith, ask how fast they can come, if not fast enough, break a window.
    Also confusing, police have slim jims in their car, why didn't they just pop the lock?

• Options
    He also avoids everything that's even slightly green by flying like that.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »

Also confusing, police have slim jims in their car, why didn't they just pop the lock?

I don't know if police here have slim jims in their cars. I doubt it, really.

But anyway, modern car, so probably not that easy.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    The lawns thread is such an alien thing

Grass upkeep is mow it every fortnight in summer. The end.

The only desert in the UK is Birmingham.

Sure. My point was that if it takes anything more than that then don't have grass. The purpose is that it's a low maintenance surface.

This is lost on Americans as they moved out of low maintenance areas

Or more specifically, the marketing departments who made money plugging grass

The whole lawn thing is so annoying to me. We somehow want our homes to look like English manor houses of a couple centuries ago while ignoring the fact that the look is because they kept sheep, to make money, and didn't do it to make it look cool.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

The whole lawn thing is so annoying to me. We somehow want our homes to look like English manor houses of a couple centuries ago while ignoring the fact that the look is because they kept sheep, to make money, and didn't do it to make it look cool.

English manors of a couple centuries ago? No they did it to make it look cool. Rich people do stuff for that sake alone.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal when does reality set and and ruin the Jays run?

@bloodyroarxx

Oh, it's already happening. Losing the series against the Yankees over the weekend, and letting the Phillies take one - we're falling back in the battle for the division!

Unless there's a collapse of Torontonian proportions, though, they SHOULD at least make the wildcard :P

Hehe, neat! I'm already pretty excited for the launch of InSight, but I'm glad to see they're trying to attract more attention to the mission.

... That boarding pass is pretty cool tho

• Options
    PDoNB9grxFLyDEuPdUGqZwbxExCtPHpz0NsPLIsIr6Dw
    Indonesian response to illegal foreign fishing boats.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

English manors of a couple centuries ago? No they did it to make it look cool. Rich people do stuff for that sake alone.

The lawn mower hadn't been invented two centuries ago. That finished all the same height look originally came from grazing sheep whose wool you could sell.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Organichu

this is literally the worst weekend. i've got contractors tearing up the house yesterday, today, and monday and the spare bedroom is currently playing host to half the contents of my garage. everything is a supremely embarrassing nightmare of a mess that nobody must see

give a brotha a heads-up. how often can you swing a long weekend? i am out of town labor day weekend but if you can get another friday or monday off let me know because i will have patched walls and working electricities

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

car windows are designed to not break so it isn't that easy

i mean yeas you could just throw a brick through it but would you want to risk hitting the kid or showering them with broken glass?

• Options

The lawn mower hadn't been invented two centuries ago. That finished all the same height look originally came from grazing sheep whose wool you could sell.

Yeah but around the manor the sheep were primarily kept to maintain the grounds and not the other way around.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Nowadays people keep wallabies rather than sheep to control their grass

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Casual wrote: »

i mean yeas you could just throw a brick through it but would you want to risk hitting the kid or showering them with broken glass?

Car windows are designed to break. Specifically in a way that avoids large shards of glass. Hit it with a stone or something. The police doesn't have magical car window smashers. They're still just breaking the window.

EDIT: But flinging bricks into the car is an option too if you think your kid can take it :P

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Yeah but around the manor the sheep were primarily kept to maintain the grounds and not the other way around.

Eh. I'd say as we go forward in time that becomes more and more true. Though if you take "couple" literally as 2 we'd be firmly into that transition sure. I was really using it more like "a few" and at 3 or 4 the money from the wool was still significant. Especially since it was essentially free to the owners of those manors.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I've seen more than a few videos of bricks bouncing off car windows.

You really just need to keep a spark-plug on you.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    I've seen more than a few videos of bricks bouncing off car windows.

You really just need to keep a spark-plug on you.

I will legit have one of these in the glovebox of every car I own moving forward.

http://www.amazon.com/resqme-Original-Keychain-Escape-Black/dp/B000IE0EZO

o0ujqjr1ruc3.jpg

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I was accidentally locked into my mum's car once when I was a wee nipper. And then a gentleman came over and told my mum, who was in some distress, "please don't tell anyone about this", and produced a little bit of tape from his wallet, and slipped it down through the window crack, got it stuck to the little stick you used to pull upwards to open doors, and opened the door for her.

This was way back when dinosaurs still walked the earth, and probably wouldn't work nowadays (I think that's why the 'locked' state of those sticks is now burrowed inside their cavity, for example).

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

Car windows are designed to break. Specifically in a way that avoids large shards of glass. Hit it with a stone or something. The police doesn't have magical car window smashers. They're still just breaking the window.

EDIT: But flinging bricks into the car is an option too if you think your kid can take it :P

cops are actually trained in the specific scenario of smashing car windows, they have the tools and experience

they could do it more safely than the average person on the street

besides, smashing a car window in the middle of the street even if it's your car will have a high likleyhood of the cops showing up anyway

• Options
    edited August 2015
    ahhh fuck my GF ipad is broke.
    It won't charge, and she is cranky already.

zepherin on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    your ipad is your gf

poo
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Morning [chat]. Was feeling pretty groggy and sore and stiff from class last night but when I was about to head out for work my wife calls me excitedly to come into the kitchen. Go out and see a parade of ducks going along the road and our front yard so we took a few minutes to feed them some bread. My beagle of course wasn't overly happy to watch them out the front door but she was inside and the ducks thankfully couldn't see her.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Seatbelt cutters also have a sharp point for puncturing airbags and a conical hammer for breaking windows

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    your ipad is your gf
    It would make things simpler.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jonathan Franzen, the bestselling American novelist, has said he once considered adopting an Iraqi war orphan to help him understand young people better, but was persuaded against it by his editor.

• Options
    Seatbelt cutters also have a sharp point for puncturing airbags and a conical hammer for breaking windows

yeah, its a multi-purpose tool for getting out of a bad situation, be it a flipped car, or one sinking into a lake, or whatever.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Ok I am calling it.

Xenosaga 3 is my favorite PS2 rpg.

Europe. :(

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Reddit on LOL's attempt to reduce player toxicity:
    Lyte wants nothing more than to change everyone into his little respectful minions.

LOL.

"First they came for people who made threats of real life violence, but I didn't threaten real life violence, so I said nothing."
    "Then they came for people who used the n-word, but I didn't use the n-word, so I said nothing."
    "Then they came for people who told people to literally kill themselves in real life, but I didn't tell people to commit suicide, so I said nothing."
    "Finally, they came for me, and all of the other toxic players had already been banned."

Truly a dystopia.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Reddit on LOL's attempt to reduce player toxicity:
    Lyte wants nothing more than to change everyone into his little respectful minions.

LOL.

"First they came for people who made threats of real life violence, but I didn't threaten real life violence, so I said nothing."
    "Then they came for people who used the n-word, but I didn't use the n-word, so I said nothing."
    "Then they came for people who told people to literally kill themselves in real life, but I didn't tell people to commit suicide, so I said nothing."
    "Finally, they came for me, and all of the other toxic players had already been banned."

Truly a dystopia.

More companies need the balls to say "Nope, we don't really need you at all."

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    If I didn't buy any more games, it would still take me a couple of years to be done with the ones I have.

This discussion has been closed.