As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] 2.0 has arrived! Weapons rebalanced! Time to Space Jam!

• Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Lots of fun this week.

- Got to play with some PAers for the first time, in IB.
    - made IB rank 5 for the first time on my titan main, should make 5 on my alt warlock tonight
    - nothing manacles off my first and only xur engram
    - hit 34 on my main and 32 on my alt
    - got thorn bounty
    - finally got the hang of machine guns in crucible

Once IB is over, going to focus on three exotic bounties until TTK: thorn, bad juju and necrochasm. I'm not even sweating TTK, having a blast in Destiny right now.

PS4: Hawkbeard

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    IDDQD wrote: »
    Anyone up for a 34 POE? Helping a buddy hit 34 before TTK drops. Many thanks in advance! PSN FlynntLoch

Yep, I'm down. Online and ready.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I really hope Bungie expands heavily on Trials of Osiris in TTK, both for casuals and veterans, that stuff has been way cooler than Prisoner of Elders in my opinion.

I could live without the juvenile teabaggers though, Call of Duty xXSwag Lord 420Xx is soon out, so hopefully we see less of those types in Destiny for a while.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I really hope Bungie expands heavily on Trials of Osiris in TTK, both for casuals and veterans, that stuff has been way cooler than Prisoner of Elders in my opinion.

I could live without the juvenile teabaggers though, Call of Duty xXSwag Lord 420Xx is soon out, so hopefully we see less of those types in Destiny for a while.
    If I were a game programmer, or even anyone with some pull in the process, I would find some way to make teabagging lethal. Teabag an enemy, explode, giving them a kill with a +100 score bonus. Or prevent your entire team from reloading for 30 seconds.

I seriously hate that stuff. I'm fine with being whooped, just don't be an asshole about it.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    OptimusZed wrote: »

If I were a game programmer, or even anyone with some pull in the process, I would find some way to make teabagging lethal. Teabag an enemy, explode, giving them a kill with a +100 score bonus. Or prevent your entire team from reloading for 30 seconds.

I seriously hate that stuff. I'm fine with being whooped, just don't be an asshole about it.

Call of Duty Ghosts gave you a "Challenge" to teabag players in order to get a Care Package (package with random killstreak)

That attitude pretty much killed my interest in CoD no matter how much my brother wants me to join him and his buddies in those games.

Teabagging giving negative consequences would be cool :) I try to follow the lax guidelines of "Dont be a dick"

Sirialis on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    So... I just realized as I found myself in a situation that reminded me of how lame the currency system is in this game-farming for glimmer so I can have enough to buy the other things I want-in TTK, they're essentially using the same garbage concept for marks?

Infinite gain, cap low enough to only ever be able to get 2-4 things? Across three characters? :|

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I don't have any problem with teabagging every once in a while.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    So... I just realized as I found myself in a situation that reminded me of how lame the currency system is in this game-farming for glimmer so I can have enough to buy the other things I want-in TTK, they're essentially using the same garbage concept for marks?

Infinite gain, cap low enough to only ever be able to get 2-4 things? Across three characters? :|

How is it a problem though, really? Instead of saving up and buying four things, you just buy one thing then one thing then etc. Infinite gain means activities won't be "wasted" like they can be now.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Some clips from yesterday's Trials runs with @Arteen and @Sirialis. Willing to give it another try in a bit if you guys are around.
    https://youtu.be/G-E4cE6Mjy0

Final Round Sniper?

http://i.imgur.com/LbrPKu1.webm

(I kid, these are great).

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I got a Red Bull Code from @ObiFett 's brilliant code donate thing a while back. (I dont live in the United States)

Site has been unresponsive for quite a while and now it says this?

2evd9nd.png

I have to send them a picture of the can, tell them how much it cost, where I bought it, my name and location, etc. etc.

Fuck you Red Bull, if you just made some codes that werent easy as fuck to figure out, this wouldnt have happened.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited August 2015

How is it a problem though, really? Instead of saving up and buying four things, you just buy one thing then one thing then etc. Infinite gain means activities won't be "wasted" like they can be now.

Because now I effectively have 600 of each mark across all three characters to do stuff with.

Post patch you will only have 200 marks available, then you have to farm more. It wastes time.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I got a Red Bull Code from @ObiFett 's brilliant code donate thing a while back. (I dont live in the United States)

2evd9nd.png

I have to send them a picture of the can, tell them how much it cost, where I bought it, my name and location, etc. etc.

Fuck you Red Bull, if you just made some codes that werent easy as fuck to figure out, this wouldnt have happened.

You mean you aren't John M. Smith from Missouri and you didn't buy that Red Bull from the 7-eleven around the bend? :P

• Options

2evd9nd.png

You mean you aren't John M. Smith from Missouri and you didn't buy that Red Bull from the 7-eleven around the bend? :P

I need a date of purchase and the exact cost and a photo of the can itself too apparently.

• Options
    edited August 2015

2evd9nd.png

I need a date of purchase and the exact cost and a photo of the can itself too apparently.

You used the receipt to roll your weed because you were in a pinch, and the there was a 10 cent deposit so you don't have the can anymore.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I think the flaw here is the thought its only worth doing if you can go 9-0. Something needs to be done to change that.

9-0 should be the equal of a flawless raid not a hardmode raid. Get rid of boons and make 9 wins on a card the best tangible reward with achievement and shader for flawless.

9-0 is too rng anyway.

Well, "rng" is precisely what happens w/o matchmaking.

Also, it would be a terrible achievement that would be heavily gamed... a shader, sure? but keep it out of the meta.

Yes but it's much less random to say "you need to go 9-3" because if you are better than 75% of the players odds are you will do that pretty easy.

7-1 is way more "don't get screwed and face pros twice"

And i honestly can't wrap my head around achievements. Like why would it be terrible? Why is getting 100% achievements more important than an in game cosmetic?

Also one time before I knew any streamers names my group play kjhove. My buddy was like "damn it's kjhove. We are in trouble!" We then went into super focused try hard mode and went up 3-0.

"No never mind it must not be him."

We relaxed and they all switched guns into super try hard mode and proceeded to win 5-3. Really wish we could play them again without the "oh never mind, defense lowered, it's just a knockoff" vibe.

I ended up getting three rounds off a match against Tfue while playing a friend and my sister (who has no business entering Trials). I didn't realize he was anyone in particular until a week or two ago when I noticed he was a featured streamer on the Xbox dashboard. Turns out he's one of those crazy guys who likes to solo Crota, VoG, and Skolas.

• Options
    Getting 9 kills on your level 31 Titan and then losing them all at the end of the match because the game decided to root you inside the radius of a pulsing AoE never gets old.

• Options

Because now I effectively have 600 of each mark across all three characters to do stuff with.

Post patch you will only have 200 marks available, then you have to farm more. It wastes time.

False equivalency. When Taken King drops, you will have zero marks. As soon as you earn enough to buy something you want, then buy it. The only time this will create waste is if you get to 200 without noticing and then do another activity.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Two more public events for my triumph. Woo

• Options
    edited August 2015

False equivalency. When Taken King drops, you will have zero marks. As soon as you earn enough to buy something you want, then buy it. The only time this will create waste is if you get to 200 without noticing and then do another activity.

I suppose it's my fault for assuming the comparison could be easily inferred, especially when I said it wastes "time."

Current state: I can hold 25000 glimmer, and earn infinite glimmer... but it's shared between characters.

Buying out the IB guy in current state costs more than 25000 glimmer for a toon. Even though I can earn infinite glimmer, I've had to take time from playing to farm more glimmer to buy/upgrade things as I get all three characters geared in IB and such. If I could hold 25000 glimmer per character, there would be no problem.

Using Marks to hit the baseline needed goes differently though:

Current state: I possess(ed) max marks on all three toons, can hold 200 of each type of mark and earn 100 max per week... but each character has their own amount. Because each character had their own bank, gearing them up to level 30+ was simply a matter of using the resources present on each of them individually.

Now, comes the future...

Future state: I can hold 200 marks, and earn infinite marks.

Since all three characters share that one pool of marks to buy from, more farming is now required as there is there is no banking or rapidly doing anything involving purchases that has been presented. It's a bottleneck.

edit: or perhaps they won't charge 120 or 75 marks for items, or there will be more faster ways to get marks given they'll be shared.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Alternatively, it's now way easier to gear up alts.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Anyone for PoE 35? Need one more, Bolthorn and I are trying to knock it out.

Radiation on
  • Options
    I did it. I got it done.

But tess isn't in her booth!?

• Options
    I'm holding off judgement until we actually see it in action. If TTK is as good with the gear drops as HoW has been, it's going to just be a safety valve to fill out a slot you haven't had drop yet.

I'll still be grinding marks to build a full suit of New Monarchy armor for my Titan, though.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    This morning we had an epic Penny Arcade Iron Banner gathering. Games were won, games were lost, hearts were broken. It was awesome. Easily my favorite thing about this game. Some highlights.

Video one: first moment, some preternatural prediction by me. Second moment, I am the Oprah Winfrey of rockets. Third moment, @OptimusZed kamikazes into a titan bubble, survives, and houses another blade dancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzhv-LlMFQs

Another highlight reel of us kicking ass but ultimately losing in a nail-biting defeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhyedxYifLM

Last one, a shortie but goodie of me and Zed dishing out some hot electric death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFb4wQACWEM

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I did it. I got it done.

Emblem doesn't come until ttk I believe

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    I did it. I got it done.

Emblem doesn't come until ttk I believe

oh well

That's different then.

Whoops.jpg

• Options
    Anyone want to do Crota Hard tomorrow? https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/303124

Also still need one more for PoE 35.

• Options
    This morning we had an epic Penny Arcade Iron Banner gathering. Games were won, games were lost, hearts were broken. It was awesome. Easily my favorite thing about this game. Some highlights.

Video one: first moment, some preternatural prediction by me. Second moment, I am the Oprah Winfrey of rockets. Third moment, @OptimusZed kamikazes into a titan bubble, survives, and houses another blade dancer.
    True story: I was blind during that whole sequence after I hit the bubble. I had no idea that guy was blade dancing until I watched this.

In the rocket sequence, it should be noted that Jay was giggling like a madman, as befits any true PA Banner hero.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »

Ever get your third?

• Options
    Houn wrote: »

Ever get your third?

Not yet.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Houn wrote: »

Ever get your third?

Not yet.

I've never done it. Would you take me anyway?

*edit* After I recover from the power going out and then system update, I guess.

Houn on
  • Options
    Yes! As long as you are 34 Light level!

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    The new system does make it harder after an expansion which is honestly fine with me. There isn't really a great reason to let old marks buy new gear. Congrats, you played the last one so now you have to play this one less!

Though I am curious if the Vanguard/Crucible/Faction vendors are only going to have max level gear again or we'll get something that scales a bit with us like the do sub-20.

Fun Fact: Level 2 Guardians have their own Tower.

I was confirming that the Vanguard stuff on offer is level linked I made a new account for a quick new character and realized that initial Tower trip is not the normal Tower. When I went back after the second mission though I saw a 34 so it was back to normal tower.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Anyone need to do NF still on PS4? Or two?

• Options
    The new system does make it harder after an expansion which is honestly fine with me. There isn't really a great reason to let old marks buy new gear. Congrats, you played the last one so now you have to play this one less!

Though I am curious if the Vanguard/Crucible/Faction vendors are only going to have max level gear again or we'll get something that scales a bit with us like the do sub-20.

I was confirming that the Vanguard stuff on offer is level linked I made a new account for a quick new character and realized that initial Tower trip is not the normal Tower. When I went back after the second mission though I saw a 34 so it was back to normal tower.

The initial tower isn't the public space I don't think. It's some kind of instanced area it forces you to. Once you beat level 2, you're thrown into gen pop.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

The initial tower isn't the public space I don't think. It's some kind of instanced area it forces you to. Once you beat level 2, you're thrown into gen pop.

My tower was chuck full of other level 2's, probably close to a dozen. I never would have noticed otherwise.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    So after being out of Destiny for a long time, I'm back into this thing. I'm assuming (ps4) guilds are still a thing? I'd love to get in on that! Just a warning though, I am super far behind; as in I just hit 17 on my main (yeah. That bad).

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    Anyone want to join @Bolthorn and I in this hellish PoE 35?

• Options
    IB still goes on tomorrow right? Should have enough time to finish getting my titan to rank 4 and then like, farm more stupid glitter for her Etheric light and stuff.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Super fun Iron Banner today! PA rules.

PSN: BillyIdle_