As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] 2.0 has arrived! Weapons rebalanced! Time to Space Jam!

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Man, is anyone not going to be using a sword 24/7 hell. just give us primary and secondary swords.

One of each element in each hand and one clenched in your teeth for maximum anime.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Man, I know I cry a lot about PoE. But PoE 28 is the perfect mode to listen to audio books and podcasts to. I wish Bungie gives us a 'Great Rift' style PoE.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Man, is anyone not going to be using a sword 24/7 hell. just give us primary and secondary swords.

One of each element in each hand and one clenched in your teeth for maximum anime.

DREAMIN!! (Don't give it up, Titan!)
    DREAMIN!! (Don't give it up, Hunter!!)
    DREAMIN!! (Don't give it up, Warlock!!!)

...sorry, I seem to have blacked out there for a second.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »

DREAMIN!! (Don't give it up, Titan!)
    DREAMIN!! (Don't give it up, Hunter!!)
    DREAMIN!! (Don't give it up, Warlock!!!)

...sorry, I seem to have blacked out there for a second.

DON'T BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    After way too many tries and a near miss at the end, I was able to solo Crota!
    May not seem that big of a deal to those of you who are regular sword-bearers, but I had minimal to no experience prior to this attempt, so learning the rhythm of the jumps while also learning how many hits I could safely get in took a while. But pre-nerf Gjalla allowed me to prevail!

Next I'm coming for you, Oryx!

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Fanmade trailer using a bunch of different clips from cutscenes we've seen. Super well done. Better than the recent Zeppelin trailer for sure, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9hFFIfw_1A

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    May not seem that big of a deal to those of you who are regular sword-bearers, but I had minimal to no experience prior to this attempt, so learning the rhythm of the jumps while also learning how many hits I could safely get in took a while. But pre-nerf Gjalla allowed me to prevail!

I assume you ran the whole thing solo? What was your class of choice, out of curiosity?

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Fanmade trailer using a bunch of different clips from cutscenes we've seen. Super well done. Better than the recent Zeppelin trailer for sure, imo.

I believe that's actually the trailer they showed in the life stream yesterday as part of the special bonus for people watching live (ie not supposed to end up on the youtube cut, along with the raid trailer). So, not actually fan made :P

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Any interest in a Crota HM on Sunday night? I hesitate to post my own the100 event because my wife/baby aggro can be unpredictable.

Edit: Don't forget Monday is labor day, holiday for many.

Unicron80 on
    Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    squall99x wrote: »

I believe that's actually the trailer they showed in the life stream yesterday as part of the special bonus for people watching live (ie not supposed to end up on the youtube cut, along with the raid trailer). So, not actually fan made :P

Yeah that trailer was made by Bungie and shown during the stream. Although I'm pretty sure Bungie forwarded the trailers to various content creators so they had stuff for their channel.

Celian on
    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Unicron80 wrote: »
    Any interest in a Crota HM on Sunday night? I hesitate to post my own the100 event because my wife/baby aggro can be unpredictable.

Edit: Don't forget Monday is labor day, holiday for many.

I'd be up for it

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I, um, don't like the sword controls in Destiny at all *hides*

Seriously, though. They're an interesting departure from shooting stuff occasionally but the sword feels so clunky and limited. It's like the opposite of Star Wars. I haven't watched any game footage stuff since the Sleeper Simulant reveal so maybe there are a bunch of new sword-swinging mechanics (god I hope there are if people are going to be running around with them) but during the mission where you sword a bunch of dudes I always just drop it and shoot everything except the knights in the face, 'cause the sword is the only thing that kills them in any reasonable timespan.

Now, if they wanted to give me a relic shield from the Vault that shoots stuff...

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I played for three hours last night and didn't get a single cipher or fusion rifle.

abolish the RNG system

Atomika on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular

Will I generate orbs when killing fools with a sword? If not, it can't replace my fist full time.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    I, um, don't like the sword controls in Destiny at all *hides*

Seriously, though. They're an interesting departure from shooting stuff occasionally but the sword feels so clunky and limited. It's like the opposite of Star Wars. I haven't watched any game footage stuff since the Sleeper Simulant reveal so maybe there are a bunch of new sword-swinging mechanics (god I hope there are if people are going to be running around with them) but during the mission where you sword a bunch of dudes I always just drop it and shoot everything except the knights in the face, 'cause the sword is the only thing that kills them in any reasonable timespan.

Now, if they wanted to give me a relic shield from the Vault that shoots stuff...

The sword is going to end up being quite different from Crota's Sword mechanics. It has perks, damage types and you can have different attacks. Still, I doubt it'll be a mandatory item to use in raids and such, since it carries the big risk of having to be up close and personal with enemies.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    I played for three hours last night and didn't get a single cipher or fusion rifle.

abolish the RNG system

Ciphers seem pretty rare, which is annoying. I wish they'd rolled them into the random vanguard exotic bounty thing.

I will swear up, down, and sideways, though, that the loot algorithm purposefully avoids giving you fusion rifles while you have the Pocket Infinity bounty. I had that bastard for 2 weeks on that stage and finally wound up sacrificing all the ones I already owned except Murmur and then just buying enough to finish it out. Prior to that? Fusion rifles for days. Day after I finished buying them? Two fusion rifles.

• Options

abolish the RNG system

Ciphers seem pretty rare, which is annoying. I wish they'd rolled them into the random vanguard exotic bounty thing.

I will swear up, down, and sideways, though, that the loot algorithm purposefully avoids giving you fusion rifles while you have the Pocket Infinity bounty. I had that bastard for 2 weeks on that stage and finally wound up sacrificing all the ones I already owned except Murmur and then just buying enough to finish it out. Prior to that? Fusion rifles for days. Day after I finished buying them? Two fusion rifles.

Honestly outside of the end chest from PoE 34/35 and your first Skolas kill on a character, you cannot really farm Ciphers. The odds from the chest is stupidly low. On Skolas it looks like around 50% chance after your first kill.

• Options

abolish the RNG system

Yeah, even the gunsmith is just selling green shit

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Options
    Celian wrote: »

abolish the RNG system

Honestly outside of the end chest from PoE 34/35 and your first Skolas kill on a character, you cannot really farm Ciphers. The odds from the chest is stupidly low. On Skolas it looks like around 50% chance after your first kill.

And I'd do those more often, but it's hard to get regular fireteams for those. I really wish there were a matchmaking option for 32-35.

• Options
    The thought of doing Skolas with randos makes me cringe.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

I assume you ran the whole thing solo? What was your class of choice, out of curiosity?

Indeed. Titan is my main so I figured I'd kill him with the Titan. Helpful for Ir Yut, less helpful for Crota himself. Though I would guess Warlock could have been the worst, maybe?

• Options

The thought of doing Skolas makes me cringe. I love and hate the fight with a passion I haven't felt in quite some time. I think the last time was Heroic Nefarion in the Cataclysm expansion.

If the rewards were somehow awesome then it'd always be worth the stressful encounter.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Ah, okay, it wasn't fanmade. Thanks for the clarification. But it is super good.

Other than thinking, "Hm, they're adding cool-looking cutscenes. That's a nice bit of work that they didn't really have in vanilla," I didn't really care about cutscenes until I saw that trailer. Now, I'm really pumped to see CG-quality Eris, Cayde-6, et al, doing their thing.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Raid goes live at 10am PST on the 18th according to Luke Smith tweet
    That's pretty early and I guess I'll have to media blackout until I see it for myself.

jefe414 on
  • Options
    Ah, okay, it wasn't fanmade. Thanks for the clarification. But it is super good.

Other than thinking, "Hm, they're adding cool-looking cutscenes. That's a nice bit of work that they didn't really have in vanilla," I didn't really care about cutscenes until I saw that trailer. Now, I'm really pumped to see CG-quality Eris, Cayde-6, et al, doing their thing.

I hope the custscenes add more context to all the story missions we will tackle. Like, seeing the reason and/or fallout of a story mission would be cool. I can't wait for the first full run through the game and being in a PSN Party and everybody shuts up during cutscenes.

• Options
    I hope I can see my fellow fireteam members in cutscenes. Such a minor thing that just irks me.

• Options

I hope the custscenes add more context to all the story missions we will tackle. Like, seeing the reason and/or fallout of a story mission would be cool. I can't wait for the first full run through the game and being in a PSN Party and everybody shuts up during cutscenes.

If there are cutscenes in the raid and anyone talks during them on the first run through, they shall now and forevermore be banned from Team Slowpoke.

• Options

If there are cutscenes in the raid and anyone talks during them on the first run through, they shall now and forevermore be banned from Team Slowpoke.

Personally I hope they do away with them during content. It breaks up the flow, even if they do become skipable. During the story mission I want to kill mans. I just want to know why at the start and what resulted from it.

• Options

Personally I hope they do away with them during content. It breaks up the flow, even if they do become skipable. During the story mission I want to kill mans. I just want to know why at the start and what resulted from it.

Yeah, for story missions and strikes I'd rather have them book-ending it (like the one at the intro of Exclusion Zone) and skippable. But for a raid I'd be okay with a short scene or two. Though I don't do raids more than once a week, generally, so I can see where someone doing them 3 a week would get sick of it.

• Options

I don't think there's a perfect solution here.

Either you have to schedule things, or you play with randos. Not a lot of alternatives to those two.

• Options

Yeah, for story missions and strikes I'd rather have them book-ending it (like the one at the intro of Exclusion Zone) and skippable. But for a raid I'd be okay with a short scene or two. Though I don't do raids more than once a week, generally, so I can see where someone doing them 3 a week would get sick of it.

I'm so tired of getting broken coordinates from Venus... Ishtar region. Don't even get me started on waking the hive...

I'm so glad daily heroics are becoming a 1x a day thing!

• Options

Either you have to schedule things, or you play with randos. Not a lot of alternatives to those two.

Yeah. If there were a way to, like, matchmake requiring mic's with an age and/or being an asshole filter I'd be okay with randos.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Yeah. If there were a way to, like, matchmake requiring mic's with an age and/or being an asshole filter I'd be okay with randos.

This is basically DestinyLFG.net.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

Yeah, but I'd rather there were fewer steps in the process. Go to a website, log in, search/post, add people on PSN, send invites, see if they respond, go back and look for more... Destiny's built-in matchmaking is quick and (outside of PvP issues) works pretty well. Even just a "require enabled mic" option would help a lot.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    That's pretty early and I guess I'll have to media blackout until I see it for myself.

I'd love to jump in there immediately, but I also have a regular raid group on Friday five hours later.

Hmmm. Hmmmmm.

• Options

Yeah, but I'd rather there were fewer steps in the process. Go to a website, log in, search/post, add people on PSN, send invites, see if they respond, go back and look for more... Destiny's built-in matchmaking is quick and (outside of PvP issues) works pretty well. Even just a "require enabled mic" option would help a lot.

Problem with their matchmaking is that there is no way to kick someone from the party. For good reasons I might add. I'm still waiting on NASA to get back to me on the numbers for the amount of times someone stayed at the entrance of a strike to get Walking Tall. There is nothing you can do outside of leaving yourself.

There needs to be quite a few things put in place before simply turning on matchmaking. Even a "Vote kick" option can be iffy. What's to stop two trolls to just queue up for something to get to the end and vote kick you out of the activity?

Same kind of trolley behaviour can come from using DestinyLFG.net as well, but making it automated would make it even worse in my opinion.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »

I'd love to jump in there immediately, but I also have a regular raid group on Friday five hours later.

Hmmm. Hmmmmm.

Yeah I have the problem of being in Sunday Best, which I'll have to skip if people in it have already attempted parts of the raid. You have any openings Friday night, you let me know.

• Options

Problem with their matchmaking is that there is no way to kick someone from the party. For good reasons I might add. I'm still waiting on NASA to get back to me on the numbers for the amount of times someone stayed at the entrance of a strike to get Walking Tall. There is nothing you can do outside of leaving yourself.

There needs to be quite a few things put in place before simply turning on matchmaking. Even a "Vote kick" option can be iffy. What's to stop two trolls to just queue up for something to get to the end and vote kick you out of the activity?

Same kind of trolley behaviour can come from using DestinyLFG.net as well, but making it automated would make it even worse in my opinion.

Yeah, any kind of kick/rep score kind of thing is almost certainly going to end up getting trolled. An idle auto-kick would be nice. But even without any kind of "get this jerk out of my game" modification, adding matchmaking to other activities would, at minimum, be no worse than it is with the stuff that already has it (aside from things like raids and PoE really requiring people to coordinate and being a larger time sink if you end up with a troll).

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I don't know if this is only for the new strikes, but Bungie mentioned a PoE esque teleport into the nearest darkness zone if you're not in already. That should help a bit.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

On paper that plan sounds good. People who want to raid can take Friday off and have all weekend, right?

For me, though, my "first" team, NATburn, raids on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Delaying a week would have been awesome! Delaying three days blows goats. =\

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.