As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] Forbidden Stars - Eldar win!

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Sure, but you do still need some amount of forces to pick up objectives. Getting my fourth one seems next to impossible.

As is me getting 3 more objectives before Orks/Eldar get one more or the time runs out.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    MrBody wrote: »

If any non-Eldar players don't want the Eldar to win, I suggest moving the warpstorm to block him from 2D.

Warpstorms? You try to stop us with Warpstorms? Warp has no secret for us, and it will never be an obstacle...

rtgacddxpflo.jpg

Move warpstorm from 1A/2A to 2A/2B.

@Daemonis

Preda on
  • Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Board
    4jvz0e80pt23.png

Note: forgot to remove Eldar's Aspect Warrior.

Game state:

Eldar
    Materiel: 11
    Command level: 2
    Assets:
    Objective tokens: 3
    Scheme: Warp Gate - Instead of revealing an order during the Operations Phase, you may discard this card to take any of your units from 1 area and place them on any 1 friendly or uncontrolled area.
    Battle deck:
    - Command of the Autarch
    - Howling Banshees
    - Striking Scorpions
    - Hit and Run
    + Fire Dragon's Vengeance
    + Wraithguard Advance
    + Wraithguard Support
    + Wave Serpent
    Orders:
    Wraithbone Singers - Deploy - When you purchase a structure while resolving this order, you may place that structure on a friendly world that contains exactly 1 different structure.
    Tactical Strike - Orbital Strike - During this orbital strike, gain 1 die, and you may spend 1 Morale die to choose 1 enemy unit on the world. That unit must suffer damage first during this orbital strike.

Space Marines
    Materiel: 12
    Command level: 3
    Assets: Forge, Reinforcement, Forge, Forge, Reinforcement, Reinforcement, Cache
    Objective tokens: 1
    Scheme: Emperor's Champion- At the start of an assess damage step of combat, you may discard this card to rally 1 of your units.
    Battle deck:
    - Fury of Ultramar
    - Faith in the Emperor
    - Reconnaissance
    - Ambush
    + Drop Pod Assault
    + Glory and Death
    + Emperor's Might
    + Emperor's Glory
    Orders:
    Recruitment Worlds - Deploy - When resolving this order, you may treat all your bastions in the active system as factories, reducing your deploy limit by 1 for each bastion you have in this system.

Orks
    Materiel: 5
    Command level: 0
    Assets: Forge, Forge
    Scheme: Warboss - When purchasing a unit, you may discard this card to reduce the materiel cost of that unit by 1 for each reinforcement token you have.
    Orders:
    Ork Roks - Advance - While resolving this order, you may move up to 2 of your units through 1 uncontrolled void as if it were a friendly area.
    Lootin'! - Orbital Strike - During this orbital strike, gain 1 die, and you may spend 1 die of your choice to gain 1 materiel and force your opponent to lose 1 materiel.
    Battle deck:
    - Gretchin
    - Slugga Boyz
    + Biker Nobz
    + Sea of Green

Chaos
    Materiel: 13
    Assets:
    Scheme: Through the Warp - While resolving an Advance Order, you may discard this card to allow your units to move through Warp Storms. If this order starts a combat, gain 1 Morale die at the start of that combat.
    Battle deck:
    - Dark Faith
    - Lure of Chaos
    + Mark of Tzeentch
    + Mark of Nurgle
    Orders:
    Favour Of The Dark Gods - Strategize - When you reveal this order token, you may place 2 of your order tokens from your play area onto the top or your event deck.

Daemonis on
  • Options
    Reading BGG I found out that Warp Storm should be errated and read "Instead of revealing an order during the Operations Phase, you may discard this card to take any of your units from 1 area and place them on any 1 friendly or uncontrolled area." - https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19790177#19790177

• Options
    Orks are the 1st player. @stever777

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Order token in 1B.

@jakobagger

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Daemonis wrote: »
    Reading BGG I found out that Warp Storm should be errated and read "Instead of revealing an order during the Operations Phase, you may discard this card to take any of your units from 1 area and place them on any 1 friendly or uncontrolled area." - https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19790177#19790177

Neener neener!

in 40.855M, the evil Eldar were imprisoned forever in a cage of warp energy off in a remote corner of space. The galaxy was finally at peace.

MrBody on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Order in 1B

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    That card looked a little to good to be true... Ok, backup plan...
    Order in 3A

@MrBody

Preda on
  • Options
    Order in 2D

@stever777

• Options
    Order token in 1A.

@jakobagger

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    God damn it, my first order was supposed to go in 2B (aka the one place I have units). Coordinates are hard.

Would moving my order be totally out of the question? It won't change the order of when it can be played since there's no other order there yet.

• Options
    @jakobagger, I think it is too late to change your order.

• Options
    Yeah, that's fair. Figured I'd ask though.

Anyway:

Order in 2A

• Options
  • Options
    Super secret order in 3D

@MrBody

• Options
    Order in 1D

@stever777

• Options
    Order token in 2A.

@jakobagger

• Options
    Order in 3A

• Options
  • Options
    Order Token in 2B

@MrBody

• Options
    Order in 2B

@stever777

• Options
    Order token in 1B.

@jakobagger

• Options
    Order in 2A

• Options
  • Options
    Order in 1B.

@MrBody

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Order in 1C

Order in 3C

@stever777

MrBody on
  • Options
    @Preda @MrBody what are your last orders? Then we start the Operations phase.

• Options
    Sent in, sorry...

• Options
    Board
    uljkl87y3afv.png

Game state:

Eldar
    Materiel: 11
    Command level: 2
    Assets:
    Scheme: Warp Gate - Instead of revealing an order during the Operations Phase, you may discard this card to take any of your units from 1 area and place them on any 1 friendly or uncontrolled area.
    Battle deck:
    - Command of the Autarch
    - Howling Banshees
    - Striking Scorpions
    - Hit and Run
    + Fire Dragon's Vengeance
    + Wraithguard Advance
    + Wraithguard Support
    + Wave Serpent
    Orders:
    Wraithbone Singers - Deploy - When you purchase a structure while resolving this order, you may place that structure on a friendly world that contains exactly 1 different structure.
    Tactical Strike - Orbital Strike - During this orbital strike, gain 1 die, and you may spend 1 Morale die to choose 1 enemy unit on the world. That unit must suffer damage first during this orbital strike.

Space Marines
    Materiel: 12
    Command level: 3
    Assets: Forge, Reinforcement, Forge, Forge, Reinforcement, Reinforcement, Cache
    Objective tokens: 1
    Scheme: Emperor's Champion- At the start of an assess damage step of combat, you may discard this card to rally 1 of your units.
    Battle deck:
    - Fury of Ultramar
    - Faith in the Emperor
    - Reconnaissance
    - Ambush
    + Drop Pod Assault
    + Glory and Death
    + Emperor's Might
    + Emperor's Glory
    Orders:
    Recruitment Worlds - Deploy - When resolving this order, you may treat all your bastions in the active system as factories, reducing your deploy limit by 1 for each bastion you have in this system.

Orks
    Materiel: 5
    Assets: Forge, Forge
    Scheme: Warboss - When purchasing a unit, you may discard this card to reduce the materiel cost of that unit by 1 for each reinforcement token you have.
    Orders:
    Ork Roks - Advance - While resolving this order, you may move up to 2 of your units through 1 uncontrolled void as if it were a friendly area.
    Lootin'! - Orbital Strike - During this orbital strike, gain 1 die, and you may spend 1 die of your choice to gain 1 materiel and force your opponent to lose 1 materiel.
    Battle deck:
    - Gretchin
    - Slugga Boyz
    + Biker Nobz
    + Sea of Green

Chaos
    Materiel: 13
    Assets:
    Scheme: Through the Warp - While resolving an Advance Order, you may discard this card to allow your units to move through Warp Storms. If this order starts a combat, gain 1 Morale die at the start of that combat.
    Battle deck:
    - Dark Faith
    - Lure of Chaos
    + Mark of Tzeentch
    + Mark of Nurgle
    Orders:
    Favour Of The Dark Gods - Strategize - When you reveal this order token, you may place 2 of your order tokens from your play area onto the top or your event deck.

@stever777, to start the operations

• Options
    Oh wow that Eldar Warp gate card can teleport to ANY empty/friendly space on the board? Up until now I just thought it was adjacent. Holy shit.

I think his plan is teleporting to the empty 1B planet, then attacking the Orks there to clear a path to 1C.

Not sure what his plans in 2B are though.

• Options
    Jesus christ I just remembered/realized that because I apparently forgot how movement works literally all my orders are going to be useless this turn. Good job, me. And congratulations to the Eldar probably.

• Options
    The orders have fallen really bad. I don't know if I'll win. We might have a Spece marines comeback...

• Options
    Jesus christ I just remembered/realized that because I apparently forgot how movement works literally all my orders are going to be useless this turn. Good job, me. And congratulations to the Eldar probably.
    Actually, you are correct. You could not put an order on 3A, as there are no your units in adjacent sectors. But I guess the lesser evil will be to keep it there.

• Options
    Actually, you are correct. You could not put an order on 3A, as there are no your units in adjacent sectors. But I guess the lesser evil will be to keep it there.

That wasn't even the thing I was talking about, but good to be reminded about even more ways I've been an idiot :P

• Options
    even more ways I've been an idiot :P
    Lets call it "chaotic nature" :)

• Options
    even more ways I've been an idiot :P
    Lets call it "chaotic nature" :)

CHAOS SMASH PUNY RULES SYSTEM

HERP FOR THE DERP GOD

• Options
    1A - Deploy
    Ork Boy (2M) on my planet.

@jakobagger

• Options
    edited April 2016
    If you only want to build one unit, you know Orks can do that with Dominate and get the system resources to boot?

It bypasses the need for a factory too.

MrBody on