As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE LION'S SEASON. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
edited October 2015 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is the NFL thread.

Talk about whatever you want, including stupid things like preseason, fantasy football, and the Jets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAp57G1hLn0

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page
MNC Dover on

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    I just watched that video 10 times, and I still don't know what the actual play was supposed to be.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Orlando Scandrick is out for the season

I live in a house with a DC fan, GB fan and Dallas fan

and then me

so far each team has had a significant injury

so, it's my fault when Lynch breaks his ankle

just saying

its aight
    russ can fix him

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

and then me

just saying

its aight
    russ can fix him

Dude, its just the power of belief in action.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Sexy Fucking Rexy is back in the league! Signed by the failcons.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2015
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13520147/ray-mcdonald-indicted-one-count-rape-ahmad-brooks-charged-sexual-battery

Ray Mcdonald charged with rape, Ahmad Brooks misdemeanor sexual assault same person.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

The Original RG3!

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

yessssss
    the dragon is baccckk
    rexshirt.jpg
    KGB-and-Grossman.jpg

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    This is probably a better place to ask than the G&T forum, because sports games aren't generally cared about over there. Is the new Madden worth it? That Draft Champions thing sounds sweet.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

and then me

just saying

its aight
    russ can fix him

Dude, its just the power of belief in action.
    10678838_10154949783760078_1299836946382843633_n.png

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13520147/ray-mcdonald-indicted-one-count-rape-ahmad-brooks-charged-sexual-battery

Ray Mcdonald charged with rape, Ahmad Bradshaw misdemeanor sexual assault same person.

I did a double take and had to re-read the url. Wrong Ahmad.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    oops sorry my bad.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    long live the butt fumble

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    49ers = train wreck

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Think they're beyond train wreck, at this point it's an airplane crashing into a train crashing into a bus tumbling over a cliff.

This, more or less.

Pellaeon on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I have a friend who is a Jets fan.

So I think it's like having a friend with cancer. I try to be there for him, but now he thinks that the Jets have a chance because they have Harvard under center.

I just want to put my hand on his shoulder while soft piano music plays.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I have a friend who is a Jets fan.

So I think it's like having a friend with cancer. I try to be there for him, but now he thinks that the Jets have a chance because they have Harvard under center.

I just want to put my hand on his shoulder while soft piano music plays.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is like the king of false hope

He'll have 1-2 great games and fans will think "Yes! This is our year!"

Then he just shits everywhere

Mom's spaghetti all over the floor

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Dez got the cover story of Rolling Stone. It is something.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    http://deadspin.com/johnny-manziels-elbow-pain-is-not-going-away-1726884277

Johnny Football has elbow problems, I know the mri was clean, but yeah I don't think he's going to come away with a long career.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Fitzpatrick is a decent interim QB. He'll kind of get you by until you figure out what you want to do with your QB situation. You won't get far with him, but he also won't destroy your season completely.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    http://deadspin.com/johnny-manziels-elbow-pain-is-not-going-away-1726884277

Johnny Football has elbow problems, I know the mri was clean, but yeah I don't think he's going to come away with a long career.

I was hoping he could do well enough without all the attitude and become a better person. Is there still hope?

I'd say no. Its a structural issue on top of his noted substance abuse issues he had to check himself into rehab over. I mean when Josh McCown is starting over you? Yeah you're not really going to go on and be anything.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Well I was never expecting Manziel to succeed at QB in the NFL but when he was able to refrain from doing the money signs in a preseason game I was being hopeful of seeing a positive change in a human. :(

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Sure a human, but a Brown?

Not likely.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Poor Browns fans.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Poor Browns fans.

One of my close friends is a Browns fan. When they drafted Johnny Manzel, he dropped to his knees, did the Darth Vader "NO!" scream, and then got up and ran out of the house.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    long live the butt fumble

It was a sad day in America when ESPN retired it from their viewer voted top play segment. Since then every single play has had to face the question "Yeah, it's good, but is it butt fumble good?"

And the answer is no, nothing is as good as the butt fumble.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Fitzpatrick is a decent interim QB. He'll kind of get you by until you figure out what you want to do with your QB situation. You won't get far with him, but he also won't destroy your season completely.

So basically...

He's the best Jet's quarterback in the past 10 years.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    This is probably a better place to ask than the G&T forum, because sports games aren't generally cared about over there. Is the new Madden worth it? That Draft Champions thing sounds sweet.

I picked it up.

The game isn't well balanced for how I want to play it (15 minute quarters!), and Jarryd Hayne isn't yet in the game. I set it to the second highest difficulty setting and started seeing 70-40 games and 83-27 games; I created an undrafted free agent named Jarryd Hayne, and easily set the single game rushing and receiving records with him on All Pro difficulty. Since Jarryd Hayne is not yet in the Draft Champions mode, I don't see much point in it, but I did play through most of a draft champions game in which Aaron Rodgers started for the New England Patriots. That mode will improve substantially once Jarryd Hayne becomes available.

The coaches in the game are somewhat hilariously unbalanced - Pete Carroll is literally better than twice as good at developing players than the next best coach, and is basically ten times as good as the average coach - though Carroll is obviously not as superior to his peers in game as Hayne is to his peers in real life. When creating a custom Jarryd Hayne for franchise mode it's pretty much impossible to make him as handsome as the real Jarryd Hayne. Also, Chad Masters is no longer the coach of the New England Patriots - however, unlike Jarryd Hayne, Bill Belichick has a legitimate reason for not being in the game.

I find that the game runs slower than I would expect on menus, just like how the fake Jarryd Hayne I created runs much slower than the real Jarryd Hayne obviously would. And not being familiar with Madden, it's sometimes been hard for me to figure out how to get the game to do what I want it to do, just like how NFL teams will have a hard time figuring out how to stop Jarryd Hayne.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far; it'll get a lot better once Jarryd Hayne is officially added.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

I picked it up.

The game isn't well balanced for how I want to play it (15 minute quarters!), and Jarryd Hayne isn't yet in the game. I set it to the second highest difficulty setting and started seeing 70-40 games and 83-27 games; I created an undrafted free agent named Jarryd Hayne, and easily set the single game rushing and receiving records with him on All Pro difficulty. Since Jarryd Hayne is not yet in the Draft Champions mode, I don't see much point in it, but I did play through most of a draft champions game in which Aaron Rodgers started for the New England Patriots. That mode will improve substantially once Jarryd Hayne becomes available.

The coaches in the game are somewhat hilariously unbalanced - Pete Carroll is literally better than twice as good at developing players than the next best coach, and is basically ten times as good as the average coach - though Carroll is obviously not as superior to his peers in game as Hayne is to his peers in real life. When creating a custom Jarryd Hayne for franchise mode it's pretty much impossible to make him as handsome as the real Jarryd Hayne. Also, Chad Masters is no longer the coach of the New England Patriots - however, unlike Jarryd Hayne, Bill Belichick has a legitimate reason for not being in the game.

I find that the game runs slower than I would expect on menus, just like how the fake Jarryd Hayne I created runs much slower than the real Jarryd Hayne obviously would. And not being familiar with Madden, it's sometimes been hard for me to figure out how to get the game to do what I want it to do, just like how NFL teams will have a hard time figuring out how to stop Jarryd Hayne.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far; it'll get a lot better once Jarryd Hayne is officially added.

This reads like crazy person.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

I picked it up.

This reads like the best post the NFL thread will ever see.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    EA couldn't balance a goofball game for fifteen minute quarters if you paid them to.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I don't get it...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

I picked it up.

This reads like crazy person.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQnFDZ6dhcyeA92W2qNDJcee0PLv4zGpx9EqX_Q25EivLtaHn0

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    I don't get it...

The only thing niner fans have going for them right now is they have an exciting kick returner. I mean one of the few remaining linebackers on the team was just charged with sexual assault.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I don't get it...

The only thing niner fans have going for them right now is they have an exciting kick returner. I mean one of the few remaining linebackers on the team was just charged with sexual assault.

This is probably the real reason Willis retired, he didn't have the requisite criminal record to stay on the team.

Pellaeon wrote: »
    I don't get it...

This is probably the real reason Willis retired, he didn't have the requisite criminal record to stay on the team.

I'm sure this current timeline for the niners will make a great tell all book in a few years, because there has to be some real awful shit behind all these retirements.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Madden fired Chad Masters in Madden and putting in a a guy with the lowest coach level? Goodell strikes again

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    You know as a bills fan nothing would put a bigger smile on my face than the Patriots through some quirk of fate having to start Ryan Fitzpatrick under center for a play off game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    You know as a bills fan nothing would put a bigger smile on my face than the Patriots through some quirk of fate having to start Ryan Fitzpatrick under center for a play off game.

Knowing Pats franchise unbearable recent luck he would outdo Brady's best playoff game by a mile.