As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metal Gear: V Has Come To

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm still early game, and I've gotten too used to finding and marking every enemy before I even think about moving in.
    Just getting the Intel team feels like cheating, as the map now give me rough areas, and confirms when I've found everyone in an area.

Once I've got my sonar and DD unlocked, it's just not going to feel right.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    hmm

if quiet decides to murder a bunch of guys for no reason while I shout impotently at her to stop is that going to count as my kills?

because if so she is going right back in the box

yes

she stops doing that once you raise her affinity though

I thought that element of the character was pretty cool. In the beginning she doesn't give a fuck what your plan is, if you mess something up she starts shooting because she doesn't trust you. She won't use tranqs because she thinks they're dumb, and you're dumb. You have to prove you know your shit before she'll stop wrecking fools.

I unlocked the gun customization and made a suppressed tranq sniper rifle and every time I miss or don't get a headshot and hit the body or whatever I imagine Quiet like Furiosa when Max had the rifle.

I'd post a gif but I'm terrible at finding such things.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    My sniper rifle has an MG drum

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    If your staff is at capacity and you fulton someone with bad stats are they just fired immediately?

If all your teams are full and you get new recruits, anyone left over gets shunted into the waiting room

After a while (maybe a week) in the waiting room, they'll quit/get fired automatically unless you have them on direct contract

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    I guess that Quiet being characterized through her actions is neat, and something I wasn't thinking about too much, but it's not really convincing me of her usefulness. At least not enough to override the strain on my eyes (from all the constant rolling, you see)

I think D-dog works a lot better with my playstyle, so far

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    My biggest issue with Quiet is I really don't wanna kill people this run so unless I'm forced to I probably won't ever bring her.

It sounds like there is no guarantee in any situation she won't just kill everyone I'm trying to recruit.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I guess that Quiet being characterized through her actions is neat, and something I wasn't thinking about too much, but it's not really convincing me of her usefulness. At least not enough to override the strain on my eyes (from all the constant rolling, you see)

http://www.newszonenetwork.com/2015/09/how-to-unlock-metal-gear-solid-v.html

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    You might be able to get her bond up by just having her scout different outposts/bases on side-ops. Once you hit a bond level of 20, you can research her tranq rifle.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Quiet is clearly Kojima trying to make a meta-commentary on sexuality.

The problem is, he's fucking terrible, so his idea of "Meta" commentary is to hyper-sexualize the character and then make the said character awesome so we go, "OH, THIS IS THE CHARACTER WE THOUGHT WAS GOING TO JUST BE A SEX SYMBOL, BUT IN REALITY SHE IS AWESOME ALL IS FORGIVEN"

Which.....isn't quite how that works.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

The good thing is that when she's sniping you never see her.

• Options
    I just modded her to look like Ocelot

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Bascically:

sexismisover.gif

Does this mean that ocelot is always trying to show you his butt on the ACC?

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I need to see Ocelot doing this pose
    QFohuwMh.jpg

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    Bascically:

sexismisover.gif

Does this mean that ocelot is always trying to show you his butt on the ACC?

Yes

It's fantastic

• Options
    k693i.png

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    My biggest issue with Quiet is I really don't wanna kill people this run so unless I'm forced to I probably won't ever bring her.

It sounds like there is no guarantee in any situation she won't just kill everyone I'm trying to recruit.

Quiet goes bonkers only if you screw up. I've gone on missions where Quiet scouts the base for me and then sits around bored while I put everyone in the base to sleep.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I just got Quiet when I stopped playing last night. My base is almost full of dudes at this point so now seems like a good time to bench DD for a minute and give her a shot.

• Options
    Yeah but buddy progress has far seemed utterly glacial. Two full hour long missions later and D Dog isn't even past 1 affinity yet.

Just doesn't really sound fun, as much as I like Quiet.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Side ops are really great for levelling buddies, they are short and you can chain loads of them together. As long as you use their wheel abilities they level really fast imo.

Also I settled on my emblem for now (a couple of days after PC got editing fixed)

MGSV%20Icon.jpg

Because he's protective of his soldiers and always gives them hugs if he sees them.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I got to buddy level 20 with Quiet by spamming talk and fire on side ops that I didn't care about extracting dudes.

• Options
  • Options
    Yeah but buddy progress has far seemed utterly glacial. Two full hour long missions later and D Dog isn't even past 1 affinity yet.

Just doesn't really sound fun, as much as I like Quiet.

play one of the missions that takes literally seconds to complete, like killing the soviet commander

• Options
    That would require killing

But even with not killing that'd be a pretty quick mission. I'll look into it when she's out of the brig.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    affinity goes up way faster if you issue a lot of commands

just go do side ops for a while where the game's not really tracking what you're doing

• Options
    That slow head turn at the end

I'm dying here

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Step 1: Learn that Spotify app will play music on ps4 while you play game.
    Step 2: Find MGSV Playlist someone made.
    Step 3: Rain death from above from chopper gun as "It's the End of the World as We Know It" hits the chorus.

Game of all the Years.

• Options
    Also if you invade on PC there is like

a 50% chance the other person is cheating and you cannot kill them

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Anyone paying any attention to the crazy idea that we might get some sort of announcement about something tomorrow, the 11th of September?

No I don't.
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    You can also get an exact picture of your current affinity by looking at the development requirements of buddy items. You'll be able to see how much it goes up when you issue X amount of commands. Also, you can have her fire on someone when she doesn't have a clear line of sight. She'll hit the wall or whatever, but your affinity should still go up. Would just need to be careful of shit going cray cray with an alert. She'll start ventilating skulls until there are no more.

• Options
    Are there any wheel options other than fire that are spammable?

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

I haven't been doing that many FOB missions, but I have not yet run into a cheater.
    gtrmp wrote: »
    If your staff is at capacity and you fulton someone with bad stats are they just fired immediately?

If all your teams are full and you get new recruits, anyone left over gets shunted into the waiting room

After a while (maybe a week) in the waiting room, they'll quit/get fired automatically unless you have them on direct contract

I know about the waiting room, but there's a hard limit to how many people you can have. After I hit 1400 the game started firing people automatically.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    To raise affinity with D-Dog, just manually mark any enemies he points out. I have never done anything with him other than that and he's at max bond.

• Options

I haven't been doing that many FOB missions, but I have not yet run into a cheater.
    gtrmp wrote: »

I know about the waiting room, but there's a hard limit to how many people you can have. After I hit 1400 the game started firing people automatically.

You are very lucky then

• Options
    I have also yet to run into an fob cheater

I have mostly done fob defence, but found it quite fun!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Are there any wheel options other than fire that are spammable?

Not until an affinity of 30, I think (Take Aim). Having her scout a base is accomplished via your map. You could try finding two close outposts/bases and go back and forth with her scouting each one. You'll just need to get close enough to have her post to her sniping perch before shifting her to another outpost. That, and checking your affinity to see if it will still go up if she scouts a base she has previously scouted.

• Options
    One FOB was great getting to the very top near the goal and then having the player warp in, see me, and then having the level reset

It frankly is not very fun to attack

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I didn't like the FOB training. The idea that I might be nuked into nothingness for the transgression is... unappealing.

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »
    I didn't like the FOB training. The idea that I might be nuked into nothingness for the transgression is... unappealing.

You cannot invade people with nukes until you are at like 180k heroism

You cannot get nuked unless you invade someone

So if you do so it's just at your own risk

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I bring DD basically because of the bark. It's a huge distance soldier magnet.

So they'll get pulled by the bark, walk around the corner, and see a picture of a beautiful lady on the side of a box and get super distracted and suddenly SURPRISE HOLDUP BY BOXLADYMAN

The box is super great!

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    One FOB attack I did, I killed the defender and got up to the goal and grabbed two containers on the way. I went in the door as the defender was respawning, but before he could start shooting me and trigger the alert.

This discussion has been closed.