As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Lots of stuff in today's patch, Beast, Jubilee, cosmic artifacts, big changes to Angela and Blade and more.

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Ardol wrote: »
    Lots of stuff in today's patch, Beast, Jubilee, cosmic artifacts, big changes to Angela and Blade and more.

Gotta love the people in charge of putting patch notes together:
    The Nefarious Mask of Doom artifact may now be unbound at crafters. So says Doom.

So I prestiged Angela to check out her new resource and she was pretty good before but she's even better now.

• EnderEnder Registered User regular
    I need new pants after that trailer.

Patch notes 2.03: S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply Drops, Boost overhaul etc.

Be sure to trade in old boosts to purchase a Shield Supply Boost in order to unlock the ability to earn supply points.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Do you just passively earn supply points after that? The notes made it sound like you had to trade exp gain for supply points or something

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Do you just passively earn supply points after that? The notes made it sound like you had to trade exp gain for supply points or something

There are the boosts, but I'm pretty sure you just passively earn it, just slower. You can stack the boosts to 5(200%) and the duration stacks in 30 minute intervals so your stack will remain at it's top level the entire duration (each boost doesn't fade independently).

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    You only earn supply points while you have a boost active. It's not a permanent thing, just the replacement for RIF/SIF boosts.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    ohh, okay, that makes more sense. I have a bunch of those old freebie sif boosts so maybe I'll trade all those in

NREqxl5.jpg
    I would keep SIF boosts, or at least some of them. SIF controls a few event drops like Cosmic Worldstones and event chests, and isn't increased by the new boosts. RIF is basically worthless, XP is still super-useful to keep since the new XP boosts are trash, and don't trade anything that increases your Eternity Splinters or Odin Marks in either since none of the new boosts affect that.

Crippl3 wrote: »
    I would keep SIF boosts, or at least some of them. SIF controls a few event drops like Cosmic Worldstones and event chests, and isn't increased by the new boosts. RIF is basically worthless, XP is still super-useful to keep since the new XP boosts are trash, and don't trade anything that increases your Eternity Splinters or Odin Marks in either since none of the new boosts affect that.

Wait, why are the new xp boosts trash? I wouldn't trade my old xp boosts in though, they stack with the new ones.

edited February 2017

Wait, why are the new xp boosts trash? I wouldn't trade my old xp boosts in though, they stack with the new ones.

They work almost exactly like the Rush Bars did, 1 hour boosts that stack in strength (100%, 150% 180%, 190%, 200%) up to 5 times for 5 boosts and length as you use more. The old XP boosts stacked better, as there were more kinds of boosts that gave XP that all stacked together, and most of them last longer (the new XP boost lasts 1 hour, the old XP boost lasted 4).
    You can still buy the new XP boosts with your trade-ins, I just wouldn't trade in old XP boosts since you'll be losing out on better boosts.

Crippl3 on
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Just a note, if you are wanting some of those shield supply drops put some of the boosts on and go into a high mob population cosmic terminal and kill everything.

They work almost exactly like the Rush Bars did, 1 hour boosts that stack in strength (100%, 150% 180%, 190%, 200%) up to 5 times for 5 boosts and length as you use more. The old XP boosts stacked better, as there were more kinds of boosts that gave XP that all stacked together, and most of them last longer (the new XP boost lasts 1 hour, the old XP boost lasted 4).
    You can still buy the new XP boosts with your trade-ins, I just wouldn't trade in old XP boosts since you'll be losing out on better boosts.

oooh yeah good point.

sif boosts have always seemed pretty pointless to me, so I traded all mine in

I don't see why you'd trade in old exp boosts for the new ones, unless you're just totally sure you're never gonna level again

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    After being away from MH for a very long time and then sorta coming back in a lukewarm fashion and not being sure I was even going to try and re-learn all the new stuff... well let's just say I spent nearly the entirety of my waking hours this past weekend playing. The SSB event has re-invigorated a lot of people to group again, and the stuff you can get from those boxes is amazing! Not just in terms of good regular loot, but you can get almost anything from those boxes: Hero/team-up tokens, costumes, pets, you name it. The boxes can 'crit' when you open them, resulting in a massive lootsplosion and a chance for those special drops.

Sadly I've not gotten a crit, but I have acquired a couple pets and random commendations, along with gearing up my fresh 60 Rocket decently. Also sadly, those things which have always been super rare cockblocks (like Tyr runes) still are.

Toxic Pickle on
    Yeah, the shield supply drops partially solve the slowing the game down problem. If you run cosmic terminal with lots of mobs like Juggs or Modok you can almost get two per run if you kill everything (max boost on).

• ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Yeah, the shield supply drops partially solve the slowing the game down problem. If you run cosmic terminal with lots of mobs like Juggs or Modok you can almost get two per run if you kill everything (max boost on).

I'm finding them pretty pointless if you have fairly well geared toons. Seems mostly something for new starting out players.

Also, wts are we getting RANDOM tokens when all characters now require very specific attributes :-1:

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
    AgentVapor wrote:

Hey folks,

In today's Test Center build, one of the major changes has to do with how we are changing the base functionality of summoned allies & summoner-based itemization.

The following aspects have changed for all summoned allies:
    • All summoned allies now transfer their owners offensive stats to themselves for the purposes of scaling. This includes damage rating, critical hit chance and damage, brutal strike chance and damage, etc.
    • For typed damage bonuses, only the highest of the three stats will be used to increase summoned ally damage (Physical, Mental or Energy). This prevents some gearing issues if your summon does not share the same damage type as the summoner.
    • A new "Summon" keyword has been created and applied to all pet powers. This exists in itemization now precisely as other keywords, such as Melee, Area, etc. The previous Summoned Ally Damage stat has been removed and replaced with affixes using this keyword (so items will now have "+x damage rating for Summon powers" for example). Summon powers should scale off this keyword only and not off other keyword affixes, such as "damage rating for Melee powers".
    • No more references to "Summoned Ally Damage" should exist anymore. There is "Base Damage to Summon Powers" in its place on powers & talents, which is basically the same as all other keyworded damage rating/base damage sources you are familiar with.
    • Powers that previously scaled off Summoned Ally Damage now instead have an affix that treats them as if they had the Summon keyword. This means rather than inheriting say 25% of Summoned Ally Damage as a built in damage bonus, they now inherit 100% of your summon damage rating/base damage (which stacks the usual way with other items). Damage has been re-tuned on many of these powers.

Essentially, in this upcoming patch we will be changing all summoners to scale off normal damage stats rather than Summoned Ally Damage bonuses.

In terms of testing, please check out the Summoner archetype changes and let us know what you think of the new system. Also, keep an eye out for any bugs you may encounter aside from the two notes listed above that are not converted, such as:
    • Stats being transferred to summoned allies that should not be (keyword bonuses increasing summon damage, for example)
    • Specific summoned allies that are not scaling correctly off player stats
    • Item affixes that are not converted to the new system and still using the old "Summoned Ally Damage %" affixes
    • Strange behavior such as pets triggering procs that they should not be

Thanks everyone!

what I realized with the SHIELD boosts is that eating another boost not only adds a stack of the buff, but refreshes the duration on all the stacks. It used to be that the individual stacking boosts would fall off as their duration expired, but these apparently work differently

also they really increase your splinters per time by a lot if you're aggressively killing mobs

NREqxl5.jpg
    Hopefully those summoner changes will allow Gaz to balance summons against other power types by making them apart of the same system, rather than being their own system entirely which requires an entire different set of gear.

Can't wait to see these changes in action.

#MakeLokiGreatAgain

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My wish is that they'll figure out how to have summon stats change in real time to eliminate snap shotting

Though I guess if they just make it scale with normal-ass damage rating that's less of an issue

most (all?) summons seem to be relatively short duration now, which eliminates most snap shotting issues on its own. Most things either get re-summoned when you enter combat, or as procs on active abilities.

NREqxl5.jpg
    Yeah there are a couple summons that are at least semi-permanent, like Emma's for example. There is also, of course, the matter of making sure that the number of summons doesn't somehow unbalance things. The obvious example is Squirrel Girl, who can summon large hordes of vermin to her side. Most people who are not SG players wouldn't want her minions dealing as much as others who only summon one or two things.

note to anyone sitting on a big pile of the SHIELD boosts that the splinter drop rate from the boxes has been significantly reduced on test, so if you were planning to get a lot of farming in with those you should do it while the getting's good

NREqxl5.jpg
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    New patch today! Highlights include animation cancelling stuff, summon power itemization changes, Black Bolt added to the game, updates to story chapters four seven and eight (and updates to the Mr Sinister terminal), changes to the Eternity Splinter vendor (you can't unlock heroes and team-ups from there anymore, you exclusively use the Roster window and store now), and more.

Dizzen wrote: »
    New patch today! Highlights include animation cancelling stuff, summon power itemization changes, Black Bolt added to the game, updates to story chapters four seven and eight (and updates to the Mr Sinister terminal), changes to the Eternity Splinter vendor (you can't unlock heroes and team-ups from there anymore, you exclusively use the Roster window and store now), and more.

A whole bunch of visual updates to characters as well.

Most important of course being Doc Ock.

• ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    So apparently NOBODY know how to run limbo. Keep getting groups that fail the last fight because people die and lose the stacking buff.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Interesting, this should help those heroes who had to choose between a primary damage attribute and brutal rating or whatever stay competitive at least. Which will be shifting to int/str heroes now apparently. I just noticed that there's no spirit cost reduction in there which will hurt some heroes rather badly.

• DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Hefty patch today, so make sure you update!

The standouts are a new Old Man Logan Event that will be running this week alongside Cosmic Chaos, some stuff for Wolvie and Laura, and a big change to Rings.

Dizzen on
    edited March 2017
    Patch notes!
    Old Man Logan Event

Alongside the Cosmic Chaos event this week, we’re doing a small bonus event in celebration of our Adamantium-laced heroes! Both event will run from Thursday, March 2nd until Wednesday, March 8th at 11:59 PM!

Wolverine and X-23 will enjoy an additional 50% XP bonus!

A new Old Man Logan Fortune Card will be available in the in-game store, with some new goodies including the new Old Man Logan Team-Up!

The new X-23 Innocence Lost costume will now be available for purchase in the in-game store!

A host of Visual Updates for the following Wolverine costumes:
    Old Man Logan Costume
    Days of Future Past Costume
    Classic Brown Costume
    X-Men Uniform Costume
    X-Force Costume

A new log-in screen featuring Old Man Logan!

Item Changes

Ring slot items have been updated with this patch, and split into two categories: Offensive and Defensive Rings.

Offensive Rings

All Rings of the Offensive type will always roll with a Critical Damage affix as a base part of the item.

Offensive Rings can also roll with the following Offensive Affixes.

Attributes
    Attack Speed
    Brutal Strike
    Brutal Damage
    Critical Damage
    Health on Hit
    Summon Damage Rating

Defensive Rings

All Rings of the Defensive type will always roll with a Health affix as a base part of the item.

Defensive Rings can also roll the following Defensive Affixes.

Deflect
    Defense
    Dodge
    Tenacity
    Bonus Health
    Area Resist
    Improved Med Kit
    Med Kit Cooldown Reduction

Other item changes:

Cosmic Artifact Affixes have been fixed to apply their Cosmic affix bonus as intended.

Rings, Insignias and Catalysts now also have a chance to drop at Item Grade 66 or 69, when playing on Heroic (up to Item Grade 66) or Cosmic (up to Item Grade 69) respectively. Item Grade is now displayed on Catalysts as a result of this change.

There are now more procs in the new slot 1-5 Armor Affix pool. Additionally, there is now a new Cosmic Proc for reflecting projectiles and knocking back enemies hit.
    Hero Changes
    Angela

Bug Fixes:

Added clarity to Angela's Heven's Wrath description to indicate it does not affect her signature power.

Angela's Rage of Asgard now properly resets cooldowns upon reaching full, and will no longer cause her Dash to sometimes get into a broken state.

Black Bolt

Bug Fixes:

Primary Resource name has been changed to "Charge" for clarity.

Killing Word now display proper Signature keyword tags.

Fixed a minor issue with Quasi-Sonic Torrent's tooltip.

Fixed Black Bolt not hovering to flight height while charging up his Travel Power.

Black Widow

Black Widow's Twilight Cloaking Device now restores 100% of Maximum Voltage.

Blade

Bug Fixes:

Blade's Killing Strokes will no longer sometimes fail to trigger one of the three swings.

Cable

Bug Fixes:

Greymalkin Bombardment now correctly removes the cooldown of Eye For Weakness for its duration. The cooldown and spirit cost tooltips for Eye For Weakness will not appear while Greymalkin Bombardment is active

Captain America

Bug Fixes:

Captain America will now throw the correct shield while wearing The Captain costume.

Captain Marvel

Bug Fixes:

Fixed an issue where some powers would fail to animate using Captain Marvel's Skrull Imposter costume.

Fixed Captain Marvel's Ground Shattering Smash being interrupted by crowd control when Carol is not on-screen.

Colossus

Colossus’ low level power progression has been altered slightly for better early game experience:

Demolition Stomp now unlocks at level 1.
    Titanic Slam now unlocks at level 12.
    Fissure now unlocks at level 4.
    Colossal Punch now unlocks at level 6.
    Call Kurt now unlocks at level 8.
    Call Kitty now unlocks at level 15.

Cyclops

Bug Fixes:

Fixed Cyclops' Overwatch power not resetting the cooldown of Ruby-Quartz Prisms when Energetic Leadership is selected.

Iceman

Bug Fixes:

Fixed a tooltip error with Avalanche.

Iron Man

Bug Fixes:

Sonic Shockwave now displays the Damage over Time duration.

Jean Grey

Bug Fixes:

Fixed Jean Grey's Psychic Lethargy visuals being attached to (and moving with) Jean Grey.

Juggernaut

Juggernaut's Big Elbow Drop damage increased.

Bug Fixes:

Juggernaut's Mix It Up now properly requires 100% momentum to be spent on a finisher to reset cooldowns.

Juggernaut's Hand Clap no longer refers to Vulnerability in the tooltip.

Kitty Pryde

Bug Fixes:

Minor tooltip fixes regarding the Phased Insights talent.

Line of Fire no longer displays Lockheed Energy cost or cooldown.

Magik

Bug Fixes:

Fixed an issue with Magik's Nastirh and Fist of Nastirh not summoning when near a wall.

Punisher

Bug Fixes:

Punisher's Efficient Fuel talent will no longer remove the Damage absorption component from Flamethrower

Punisher's Light-Weight Magazine now properly accounts for the 5 second cooldown reduction when below 25% ammo.

Rogue

Bug Fixes:

Fixed bug with Beast's passive "Beastial Rage" where it would give infinite spirit for a time, also updated tooltip. Beastial Rage now restores 25% of maximum Spirit.

Rogue's Stolen Lawyer Up power will now properly refresh its duration on Impact power use.

Rogue's stolen Iron Fist ability now grants 15% vulnerability.

Scarlet Witch

Bug Fixes:

Scarlet Witch's Chaos Ascendant will now properly make Scarlet Witch immune to crowd control while using Chaos Warp.

Squirrel Girl

Squirrel Friends and Squirrel Special Forces now gain bonuses from Summon affixes.

Squirrelpocalypse, It's Raining Rodents, and Excited Squirrels no longer show the Summon keyword on their tooltip (they are not considered Summon powers).

Bug Fixes:

Squirrel Girl's Raining Rodents can no longer fail to trigger if the power is interrupted via a move or power command.

Squirrel Girl's Sic 'Em (when talented) will no longer lock Squirrel Girl to 15 squirrels if she also has the Swell the Scurry talent

Star-Lord

Bug Fixes:

Star-Lord’s Elemental Shot now properly has the “Basic” keyword and will trigger affixes that apply specifically to Basic attacks.

Fixed an issue with Star-Lord's Uncanny Marksmanship talent not affecting all Ammo spenders.

Orbital Strike will now display the correct damage gain from ranks in Secret Weapon.

Storm

Bug Fixes:

Storm's Foreboding Winds now properly causes Storm Surge to fill Storm's Tempest meter.

Fixed an issue where Thundering Maelstrom could be channeled indefinitely

Freezing / Lightning / Gust Tempest tooltips have been reworded for better clarity on how they operate.

Taskmaster

Bug Fixes:

Taskmaster's Ferocity of Wolverine talent now properly resets cooldowns of Dance of Dane, Pendragon Slice, and Spider Slam.

Ultron

Bug Fixes:

Fixed Ultron's Prodigal Sons and Covering Fire talent tooltips breaking when in Comic Ultron costumes, and summoning a weaker version of the drones.

Air Support will now target in the direction of your cursor.

X-23

Bug Fixes:

Fixed an issue where Dancing Blades would not restore itself to full charges if you changed regions while the power was on cooldown.

Covert Assassin will now properly reduce its cooldown when you defeat an enemy.

Miscellaneous Changes & Bug Fixes

Beast can now be played up to level 10 for free before unlocking.

More General S.T.A.S.H. icons have been added!

The Target Acquired Achievements have been re-enabled. These Achievements no longer require Cosmic difficulty to award credit toward their completion.

The Infernal War Skrull's Illusions can no longer be mind controlled - they have no mind to control!

Black Bolt's 'Any Last Words?' achievement now rewards an Infinity Orb.

Fixed an issue with the in-game store not loading correctly after logging out and logging back in without closing the client.

Fixed an issue where some sources of the Unbreakable team buff were applying Doctor Strange shield visual effects.

Fixed an issue where the minimap could become “stuck” in fullscreen expanded mode and would not toggle back off to the minimap when using a controller.

Additional barrels added to the MGH Warehouse in Chapter 4 to ensure enough targets to destroy for objective completion.

Fixed an issue where the player was not always being awarded mission credit for enemies defeated in the Chapter 4 MGH Warehouse and MGH Garage areas.

Fixed an issue where the player could be disconnected from the server when entering or exiting the Parking Garage Treasure Room in Chapter 4.

Sinister Terminal Legendary Quest - Mutate requirement has been replaced by Reavers.

Fixed an issue with the Strength attribute not increasing the amount of damage Blocked or Reflected by as much as intended.

Fixed an issue where Elite enemies in the updated Fisk Tower region were not counting towards the Fixit Achievement.

Mandarin in chapter 8 no longer incorrectly drops Doctor Doom's Medallion.

Fixed typo in Strike on Limbo mission description text.

Fixed Currency Boost stacks dropping off one at a time when their duration expires.

Shared Quests have returned to their normal selection with the end of the recent Dark Dimension event.

Known Issues

Mole man has temporarily gone underground after hearing whispers that Wizard sold him out while he was in lockup last week. He should resurface in the next game update.

Ring slot items may drop as early as level 1, however the Ring slot does not unlock until level 25. These unusable low level Rings will stop dropping with the next game update.

Hover tooltips in the in-game store for items such as Fortune Cards or Boosts are stretching vertically higher than intended. This issue only affects tooltips displayed in the in-game store and not when viewing these tooltips from the inventory.

Hover tooltips for S.T.A.S.H. tabs are currently displaying the tab name twice within the tooltip.

Ardol on
    IRON FIST EVENT

Iron Fist will be getting a 50% XP Bonus throughout the entire event period.
    A New Costume themed after the Marvel's Netflix Series will be available.

ST. PATRICK'S DAY FESTIVITIES

A Global 50% XP Bonus will be applied to all heroes for the entire week along with a bonus to Cosmic Leveling!
    Gather 5 Lucky Clover Boost Buffs to get Loot Explosion!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh boy you mean I can buy a costume that makes Iron Fist look like a barefoot homeless dude?

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Oh boy you mean I can buy a costume that makes Iron Fist look like a barefoot homeless dude?

See here.

note to all potentially interested parties: one thing they did in this patch was refund splinters people had previously spent on redundant stash tabs; if you accidentally bought a second tab for splinters and couldn't use it, those have been refunded.

also, amusingly, they evidently forgot they gave everybody 2x stash tab 16 for christmas last year and if you still had the spare stash item kicking around (two thumbs pointed at this guy), you got 600 splinters for each of those too.

so if that applies to you, you're potentially sitting on quite a little windfall

NREqxl5.jpg