As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's just some achievements, nothing important. The artifacts are okay I guess

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'll go Anti for the last week, had to finish up the Pro achievements and buy the Arc Reactor (got a pretty good roll, to boot) this week

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I bought one reactor in case I ever decide to play iron man at endgame, and I guess I'll try and get a shield in case a character gets a deflect damage multiplier at some point or something.

Most of my seals have been plowed into cores, though I haven't had much luck so far

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Arc Reactor is best in slot for Juggernaut also

Probably War Machine too (Even though he doesn't use the Energy, 350 Spirit is still 1050 damage rating)

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I have two Improved Arc Reactors. One's already on my Iron Man, the other's an extra planned for Juggernaut.

Not sure if I want more. At the same time, not sure what else to spend the seals on.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    They have Cosmic Age of Ultron on the test center currently. Which is peculiar as normal Age of Ultron is barely played because the rewards for it if you don't gold are almost certainly garbage, and the rewards if you do gold are probably garbage with a small chance of something REALLY good for summoners. Kind of hope this gives them a reason to tune the mode a bit, because it is... less than ideal.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Current loot gained from farming this event.

3 Heavily Modified Mercenary Assault Rifles
    11 Crossbones Vests
    8 Crossbones Teaching Credentials
    1 Pyro's Flamethrower
    1 Sabertooth's Furry Mane
    1 GoK that was a random drop off a Midtown boss.
    1 Skrull Communication Device
    1 Coat of the Skull
    1 Octbot Controller

The Flamethrower and Mane came from crimson boxes. The Coat was from a blue box. I also got the Cap artifact just for completionist sake.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    eh I see a fair few ultron groups forming in lfg; the rewards are only decent if you hit the gold timers, but it's not like the gold timers are hard

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Suppose I should try checking out the lfg channel then. Randomly queueing has been... less than ideal. A lot of groups cannot take out Ultron before the timer in randoms and the queue can take forever.

Still hold the rewards are garbage unless you're lucky though. Most of the time when I get gold across the board I walk away with a key to the city and four meh uniques. Maybe an EMP Device or a Concussion Blaster. Compare this to Cosmic Patrols where I'll be making a ton more experience, more uniques, costume cores, medallions, a much wider spread of artifacts, while being significantly easier. I can also do Danger Room for guaranteed income that can be exchanged for the items I want while also having more varied gameplay. In AoU I have to rely on the rest of my team having any idea what they're doing and being able to dish out enough DPS to destroy Ultron before the timer or I've effectively pissed away that time and even then odds are I've just done it all for anther key to the city. I say that after having played it quite a lot the past month.

Iblis on
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Didn't get around to prestiging CW chars until today, but this bonus xp + boosts is legit. Flying through prestiges.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    for whatever reason the public queues are pretty un-used; people mostly pre-form groups in chat, which means that using the public queue means you're much more likely to get people who don't know what to do

I don't really understand the reason for that since the public queue works fine, but people don't like to use it I guess

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    for whatever reason the public queues are pretty un-used; people mostly pre-form groups in chat, which means that using the public queue means you're much more likely to get people who don't know what to do

I don't really understand the reason for that since the public queue works fine, but people don't like to use it I guess

When you form your group you can exclude people without 80 legs and 69 gear.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Yea, and with performance being directly tied to rewards the game has a built in incentive to exclude folks beyond just the beardy one of clear time.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    Is there like, a guide to gearing up once you hit level 60? I've been playing this again some these past few weekends, and ain't really sure what to do with myself, besides levelling various heroes to 60 (seems like it's a lot faster now than it used to be, although I've also got a lot of synergy xp going now).

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Hightown is probably your best bet for gearing up as a fresh 60

Also there's probably some Danger Room items, depending on your hero, that you can start working towards

Maddoc on
  • Options
    So, is the artifact from Team Cap really good for any hero?

I mean, I've gotten two of Team IM's artifacts (one for IM, one for Juggernaut) since those are really good for them. Not sure if I should be getting more for others.

Trying to plan what I'm gonna spend the seals on.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Ryolnir wrote:

Happy Monday afternoon all,

Apologies for the slight lateness, was taking care of some things. Here's the update for everybody:
    • We will not be patching this week, as we're focused on what are to be the Anniversary month updates.
    • We will actually have TWO updates for June, one in the beginning in the month (next week), and one scheduled for the end of the month.
    • Across these two updates, you can expect some new content (including a new Terminal), a new playable hero (Ultron), new costumes (including Iron Spider), a couple visual updates, some anniversary event bonuses and a new tournament.
    • Cosmic Ultron mode is now on Test Center for feedback and bug reports, as well as the reworked Raft experience. Let us know what you think of both in the TC forum.
    That covers the near-term. As we get closer to the respective releases, we'll detail which release has which content. For now, expect the new hero to come during the second release, rather than next week.

Have a lovely week, enjoy the rest of the Civil War event!

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    The Civil War event ends when, again?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Next Friday.

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    Next week should be the last week, so sometime around June 3rd? It was originally going to end this coming friday, but they extended it a week.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

When you form your group you can exclude people without 80 legs and 69 gear.

it's pretty rare that anybody actually checks gear though, at least in my experience. Especially for ultron and musp, mostly people just fill the group and go

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Got my cap to red Prestige, built him up pretty solidly. I just now hope they bring back the movie cap with his mask off skin they had last year. Or better would be business casual movie cap (leather jacket, shirt, jeans)!

I probably won't ever cosmic him, if only because cosmic leveling makes me hate the char so so much.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Yeah, I've had a really bad customer service experience with Steam, so I uninstalled that about a year or so ago.

But thank you for this link! I just started orange.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    From Asros
    I'm speaking only about in game events. You can expect big sales like you would normally see with the previous big 10/12 events from the past, including a Hero/Costume BOGO AND Bonus G sale starting TOMORROW!

When we sat down to design the in game portion of the Anniversary event, we wanted to look at what players liked about Big 10/12 and give that without doing the things that didn't work that well. Having all of our rotating events on at once was great when we only had a few of them, now with 6, it gets a bit difficult to manage. We know players love having multiple events going on as well as pretty big XP bonuses, so we are making sure we are doing that without just turning everything on for a month, which would get a little boring.

You'll be getting some pretty awesome freebies, including ways to get old anniversary gifts that you may have missed out on (as well as duplicate ones, like Potted Groot, if you want more than 1)with the event, some bonkers XP bonuses, including cosmic and omega bonuses, some new, but familiar mechanics to earn cake slices and several other things. We are also going to make sure that the new giveaways aren't tied to only logging in on one specific day to give players much more flexibility on how they can get them.

I'm personally excited for the anniversary event, even after all the craziness of the past month with all the Civil War event components. I think you all will really enjoy it.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    I still have like 320 cake slices from last year, good times

hopefully limbo comes back sometime during it, need them power points

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    So after this event is the anniversary, right?

Any word on the Iron Spider costume?

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    That BOGO sale doesn't SAY it doesn't include Civil War costumes.......

Dare I dream?

Edit: Now I see that it wasn't 50% off of those things like I thought it might be, so that explains it

Bonus G is almost as good though

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    Every time I think my hero is strong I try a cosmic danger room and its like wrecked city. I swear Frenzied means "will one shot you out of no where."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    My only hero that can reliably run cosmic DRs is Rogue, and even then she still occasionally will get wrecked.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I do them on Rocket. His movement has stealth and I can have Groot and a team up out. His damage isn't amazing but not awful either.

• Options
    I mean I can finish them, but I reliably lose the survival bonus and it makes me so sad! I even lost one with a boss had like one hit left it sucked.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    the buy one get one events usually include everything in the store; it's just discounts that sometimes exclude new things

I dunno how it works with the civil war stuff though, since not all of it iirc is actually in the store yet

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    for CDR you just gotta be ready to kite and lean on your invuln(s). The damage from ranged mobs can be real spikey.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    for CDR you just gotta be ready to kite and lean on your invuln(s). The damage from ranged mobs can be real spikey.

I had one against wizard where every time he would do his three disc attack he killed me from full health to dead. It was rather frustrating.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hey guys, weird question.

So, I recall that Squirrel Girl's Aviator costume and her Christmas one both change the appearance of her squirrels.

Now, I also recall that it changed all her squirrels (with the exceptions of Tippy Toe and Nutso). But I was trying this out last night, and I could only seem to see the different squirrels when they were summoned via Squirrel Special Forces.

Was this changed? I'm wondering because I'd like to gift a costume to a friend who plays her, but wanted to give her one that did something extra to her summons.

• Options
    I haven't played SG in a while, but yeah the aviator one puts goggles on some of her squirrels but not all last I recall and I can't remember which ones would have the goggles.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I haven't played SG in a while, but yeah the aviator one puts goggles on some of her squirrels but not all last I recall and I can't remember which ones would have the goggles.

The Special Forces ones seem to be the only ones that do it. Though I'm pretty sure when I used her Christmas outfit, all the squirrels had red noses and antlers. Oh well.

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Just checked it out, all the special forces have goggles, most normal ones do as well, but a few don't for some reason.

• Options

I had one against wizard where every time he would do his three disc attack he killed me from full health to dead. It was rather frustrating.

Outside of a select few characters, the Cosmic Danger Room is kind of dumb. Even with said characters, there are some combinations, bosses, enemy types, etc, that are REALLY dumb. Particularly I try and avoid AIM and Subway CDR because the amount of ranged damage the enemies there put out is bananas. And while some bosses like Mega Sentinal are generally a cakewalk (if you're ranged) some dudes will mess you up super hard (like I had Taskmaster one-shotting me with his shield throw, which goes through summons, and also blowing up my Deadpool team up which usually doesn't happen outside of Juggernaut/Rhino charges).

A couple of characters are really good at it, either because they can be really tanky and put out a ton of damage (some Rogue builds) or because they have summons to eat most of the attacks (Doom, Magik), or because they have stealth and can waltz past most enemies to objectives/run to safety (Winter Soldier and Black Cat). Black Cat in particular is crazy good since she effectively gets nine free deaths and stealth.