As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    they took the TC forum down so now I can't look at the notes, sad day

most of the hero changes sound pretty good though. I wonder how long it'll take .info to get up to date.

Im pretty excited about Colossus and Magneto no longer using spirit, and Magik actually having a clear visible soul meter

• DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    they took the TC forum down so now I can't look at the notes, sad day

most of the hero changes sound pretty good though. I wonder how long it'll take .info to get up to date.

They're up in the regular Patch Notes section now.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Honestly, not really a huge fan of the changes. Everything just seems slower and simplified. Like they saw the problem of everything being too confusing and over corrected way too far in the other direction. The omega system was absolutely bloated and a chore to get through, but when you earned enough points for that next capstone it was really cool. The infinity system doesn't really have that. No more power points seems like it'd be great but it's kinda just making me feel like my choices are meaningless, like there's 9 or something biggish choices and they don't start until level 30 something. And everything's so slow. They didn't make me want to fight the enemies leading to the boss, they made me have to fight the enemies. The movement system certainly isn't being helped by all the big item changes, I'm sure the items will shake out in the coming months but as a Summoner Doom main I'm doing way less damage. I think most of my damage came from stacking intelligence in the old omega system so now that it's gone I've bottomed out. I'll give it some more time, I really like Marvel Heroes, but this update really isn't doing it for me.

Kanden on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    uhhhhhhhh I think the game just temporarily fucked up my graphics card
    I'm trying out storm, max settings graphics-wise since I'm running a Geforce 1070, Core i5 6500, and 8 GB of RAM. I'm testing out her new powers, activate the one that can only be used when your Tempest is full, and suddenly my monitor goes blue, as if it's disconnected from the PC. The machine is locked up, my music is still playing from Google Play, but the game's just looping sound, and nothing is responding. Not like I'd be able to see it anyway.
    I hit the power button, reboot, and instead of booting correctly (Windows 10) it gives me a white bar with a bunch of colored pixels over it, and nothing happens. This happens again if I hard shutdown and reboot. I had to enter my BIOS Setup, then boot from there to get things working.

What the fuck, the game is like 4 years old and running on Unreal Engine 3!

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Loaded this up because why not:

All the heroes I tried, I actually prefer the changes. While a few required I change my build up, it still felt more intuitive and less stupid. Also the various talents let me actually use some skills I'd wanted to use before that were just too awful.

The movement thing sucks. Also my damage has dived quite a bit on most heroes. But that can probably be fixed with gearing up again.

More good than bad for me. Especially being able to do a proper ranged Moon Knight.

steam_sig.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    won't get to play tonight cause I was dumb and forgot to set steam to update before I went to dinner

but oh well, more time to play tomorrow evening anyway

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Got to play about 2 minutes before servers died...

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Wow, now even the forums are down.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Must be that new movement tech. Data is getting held up by trash mobs.

steam_sig.png
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Logged in. Switched to Psylocke. Couldn't figure out a way to lose the 4 second cooldown for kirisute gomen, so I could "basic attack" with it. Logged out. Seriously considering uninstalling.

Also instead of being a close range cut, it is now some lame vertical sword wave.

Geddoe on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    My brother's GPU also pretty much broke on him playing human torch, one of the new particle effects caused his PC to bluescreen and now he can't get a picture when he boots

WARNING: AVOID PLAYING HUMAN TORCH/STORM IF YOU VALUE YOUR HARDWARE

Beasteh on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I haven't been paying much attention to these big changes coming to Marvel Heroes... hell I haven't paid attention to Marvel Heroes at all in quite a long time. But last night I got an alert from Twitch that DegenTP was streaming, get this, Marvel Heroes! It brought him back after over a year's hiatus (his words), and watching him play did make me want to try this again.

I've been away so long I've forgotten most of how the game worked anyway, so maybe the changes will work for me. :P

edited January 2017
    Just a head's up, be careful before you dive too deeply into regearing your characters, as it appears the primary attributes for some heroes (the two that can boost their damage) are likely to change in the near future. Though how accurate that list stays, remains to be seen.

Dizzen on
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I might jump in this weekend and check out the new changes, but it kind of sounds like I'm better off waiting til the next patch or whenever the changeover is actually completed.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Rogue's power bank seems pretty good, you just hit people with drain life to steal their power.

I could swear that they said the reason Hela blessings were changed was to get away from things offering +% chance to crit or brute, because it didn't fit with diminishing returns. Now my Silver Surfer has a +3% crit chance passive, and the infinity system has +crit%, +brute%, +crit damage%, and +brute damage%.

This seems... inconsistent.

I could swear that they said the reason Hela blessings were changed was to get away from things offering +% chance to crit or brute, because it didn't fit with diminishing returns. Now my Silver Surfer has a +3% crit chance passive, and the infinity system has +crit%, +brute%, +crit damage%, and +brute damage%.

This seems... inconsistent.

I think the difference is theres an opportunity cost to these new brute choices, whereas hela was no brainer because the rest of the enchants were bleh

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Also because you could stack them up to a flat 20%

If they were like... 2% each or something, it would be way less of a thing

So guys, I'm going to do a juggernaut build that has his sig run off momentum, and the passive that fills 20%momentum per second. Its going to be great. I dont know which tier it is, but im hoping i can get the other charge to kill all non bosses slotted in too. Just charge until empty, use other charge, hit invuln as needed, sig again.

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    So guys, I'm going to do a juggernaut build that has his sig run off momentum, and the passive that fills 20%momentum per second. Its going to be great. I dont know which tier it is, but im hoping i can get the other charge to kill all non bosses slotted in too. Just charge until empty, use other charge, hit invuln as needed, sig again.

Let us know how that goes! Sounds like it could be fun.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I actually think I might like how Iron Man is set up now

I was looking at a pure/almost pure Energy build (Depending on what I take for the "armor" talent)

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    did they say when those stat changes are actually happening? All I've done so far is noodle around with builds for characters I didn't play much, but at some point I'll want to start optimizing guys

NREqxl5.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Are tooltips bugged? Mine don't seem to change when I change things.

Edit - Maybe it's a Colossus bug with his armor stat, seems to change fine on Rogue when I swap gear around.

Ardol on
    did they say when those stat changes are actually happening? All I've done so far is noodle around with builds for characters I didn't play much, but at some point I'll want to start optimizing guys

Not directly, no. But they did said next update patch, and there's a patch tomorrow to fix some bugs, so they might slip it in with that.

That said, I imagine there's gong to be a lot of stuff getting tweaked in the coming days and weeks, so I'd be wary of investing very much in gearing up anyone.

• mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular
    I played a bit over the weekend, and I wanted to post my thoughts here. I prestiged Deadpool, because I wanted to see the new content with a character I'm already familiar with. I'm playing story mode on Hard, which feels right to me (mobs aren't too bad, but bosses are legitimate threats.)

I've been using a ranged build, and I've changed it around a few times until I found something that works well for me. Deadpool is still an absolute beast in a lot of ways, but he's definitely squishier in hard mode (no deaths yet, but some very close calls.) I don't like the teleport changes, but it does make things more challenging (no more bouncing around the room to avoid any damage.) Canadian Whirlwind is working better for me than Shoot All the Bullets, especially with the new talent upgrades. I never used mini-deadpool before the change, but using it now I see why it was nerfed to 3 max on a cooldown timer, it's WAY too overpowered on bosses. If you get the timing right they will completely ignore you.

I ran into a few bugs. Chapter 4's sidequest wasn't working at first, but it looks like that was fixed in one of the patches over the weekend. Also, sidequests in chapters no longer show on my quest panel, I haven't figured out a way to get them to show although everything else is.

Overall I'm enjoying the changes at the moment, but things are still crazy as they balance/rebalance. I'm also wondering if anything's changed with team-ups, and who is considered the best at the moment. I know Coulson was best, but now that everyone gets all skills at full power all the time I wonder if that's changed.

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
    I also played Deadpool for a bit over the weekend, and he's lots of fun. I really like how over the top his power set is where he's shooting everywhere and throwing explosives. I tried Punisher and just couldn't get into it nearly as much. I also bought Green Goblin since I've had Gs sitting on my account since forever ago when I last played, and found myself enjoying throwing All The Bombs on him as well.

Overall I'm not sure about this update, or whether it will bring me back to the game. Leveling up seems less cool now that I don't get to allot power points, and the endgame pretty much seems to be the same stuff that has been there all along. But I guess if the devs from this day forward need to spend less time re-balancing heroes on a near-constant basis, perhaps they can put more focus into content. One hopes at least.

For now, I am enjoying the game at least enough to try out some of the different heroes and see how they play.

Man, the new Taskmaster has
    WAY
    more options. Jesus.

It occurs to me that with stats being removed from costumes, you don't need a base costume. So you should be able to blend them all.

Ardol wrote: »
    It occurs to me that with stats being removed from costumes, you don't need a base costume. So you should be able to blend them all.

According to Asros, the Costume Closet update will give everyone a default costume, even if they've blended it already, so you can feel free to blender your base costumes.

And remember that when the Costume Closet update arrives (in weeks? months?) prestiging won't award default costumes, so no more costume blending.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

According to Asros, the Costume Closet update will give everyone a default costume, even if they've blended it already, so you can feel free to blender your base costumes.

And remember that when the Costume Closet update arrives (in weeks? months?) prestiging won't award default costumes, so no more costume blending.

So if you haven't, prestige the ones you can.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    So is costume blending working right now? It seems that other things (like resetting cybernetic bonuses) have been taken out due to bugs and such.

But maybe those are back too and I didn't notice.

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

So if you haven't, prestige the ones you can.

but i cant take another cosmic prestige leveling
    ox33bczh6vxe.png

• cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    So is costume blending working right now? It seems that other things (like resetting cybernetic bonuses) have been taken out due to bugs and such.

But maybe those are back too and I didn't notice.

Yeah, blending works.

cckerberos.png
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    After 8 months without a working PC, I should have a new one in the next few weeks. Looking forward to hopping back in and seeing what's what.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
    Patch notes for today. Lots of bug fixes/tweaks. Also some heroes had their damage attributes changed.
    Hero Changes

The following heroes Offensive Traits have been adjusted:

Black Panther - Fighting / Intelligence

Cable - Fighting / Energy

Iron Man - Energy / Intelligence

Jean Grey - Energy / Intelligence

Juggernaut - Durability / Strength

Kitty Pryde - Fighting / Intelligence

Magneto - Energy / Intelligence

Psylocke - Fighting / Intelligence

She-Hulk - Durability / Strength

Squirrel Girl - Fighting / Speed

War Machine - Durability / Strength

Winter Soldier - Strength / Fighting

Hero-specific Uniques for the Heroes listed above have been modified to match these Primary Attribute changes.

In addition to the above changes, Rocket Raccoon has received the following Attributes change:

Rocket Raccoon - Rocket's natural Attribute scaling has changed to better support his existing Primary Attributes.

edited January 2017
    Jubilee's now up on the test center
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_kgIiOmRUM

Those attacks are perfectly obnoxious.

Crippl3 on
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Jubilee's now up on the test center
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_kgIiOmRUM

Those attacks are perfectly obnoxious.

OMG. I hope she becomes playable, that looks awesome.

omg

put it in my body

NREqxl5.jpg