As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    the movement change won't really stop boss rushing, aside from in terminals I guess (do people still farm terminals?) In patrols it'll take you slightly longer to get there with your movement power but who cares

the only heroes it'd really concern me on are those whose 'dash' power has some type of combat function, but there aren't that many of those an I assume gaz will have some solution

It won't stop it, but it will make it slower and more annoying.

And they haven't done anything for movement heroes yet, leaving heroes like Silver Surfer in a bad place.

Basically the whole movement change needs to be axed.

• Options
    Hey all,

Firstly, thank you all very much for the feedback, we really do pore over every word. It is invaluable to our development process, and we sincerely thank everyone who volunteered their time to voice their experience and opinions about the game. I'm very grateful that we've got KomoriMan here to tighten our feedback loop by speaking for the rest of the devs, and rest assured that others have never stopped vigilantly lurking these feedback threads.

Also, I'd like to clarify some things around these movement changes. We are going to keep the major structural features here--specifically counter limit on dashes and the wind-up for travel powers. We really do understand how big of a transition this is, and believe me when I say that we have very thoroughly deliberated this topic. We found that these changes are necessary for the long-term health of the game, and you'll reap the dividends of this change in Hero diversity and feel of the end-game content. I won't insult you all by repeating the bulky original post, but please reference it for the full, in-depth rationale behind this.

That being said, we still very much require your input. While we are not going back on this new structure, we are still in the tuning process around these deep-rooted changes. We'll be on the lookout for ways to fine-tune the new hero play-patterns, and the way they interact with our content (especially at the higher-tiers).

Again, thank you all for your feedback. Please keep it constructive, and keep it coming.

-Rawr

Despite 80 pages of complaints on the TC thread, they're going ahead with the movement changes.

I was really looking forward to all the other changes, but when this hits live I will have no interest in the game.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I don't want the game to slow down to D3 speed, especially if the trash mobs aren't ever going to drop anything worthwhile.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's obvious that a few movement heroes need more iteration; like, lots of people on their forums are bitching about surfer when it was always clear his kit was going to get more revamping

I dunno, I just think the manic combat dashing gameplay they've had forever is dumb, and contributes mightily to how same-y every hero winds up feeling. I don't have a problem with D3's pacing though, I guess

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I don't mind them stopping dashing in combat, what bothers me is the reduction of travel speed, windup time on travel powers (you need to stand still for a second before you can run?), and nerfing of dashes, especially teleports.

All this change means is that getting from one place to another will take longer, and be more irritating.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Cxkni9uUoAI-MFc.jpgQ0LmJUf.jpg
    Wmylajo.jpg

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    KomoriMan wrote:

Ahoy-hoy folks,

We got another packed Friday Update this week so here we go!

It's your last chance to participate in the Invaders of the Dark Dimensions Event! Grab some special event items, Mysterious Blue Omega Boxes, and Kaecilius's unique medal. The event is ending on 11/22/16 and the Big 10 Event will be starting. Here are the deets from your boy, Asros...
    Asros wrote:
    Starting Tuesday, 11/22 once we come up from maintenance, we will be doing one of our "Big 10" events for the holiday week! The event will run until 12:01 AM Pacific on 11/29.

Here is what is involved!

Special Big 10 Loot Box - A new combined loot box that can grant players all of the different event currencies, loads of Uniques and other goodies, including 2 exclusive new Asgard themed costume visual artifacts!

Daily Login Reward - Login each day for a special daily gift box that contains the following:

50 A.R.M.O.R. Drives
    30 Cosmic Worldstones
    30 Omega Files
    10 Odin Marks
    10 Eternity Splinters
    10 Cube Shards

Cosmic Chaos - Faster Cosmic Prestige leveling and double loot from Cosmic Terminals and Patrols

A.R.M.O.R. Incursion - Undertake A.R.M.O.R. Bounty Targets that will send you out to defeat specific bosses for exclusive rewards

Operation Omega - Help S.H.I.E.L.D defend against Omega Level threats!
    • 50% faster Omega leveling to help you hit 10,000 before the Infinity System release
    • Daily mission from Agent Coulson
    • Double Omega xp from your first shared quest completion each day
    • Earn Omega files from shared quest completion each day

Mystic Mayhem - Help stop the demonic invasion!
    • Limbo - Available in the challenges section of your waypoint menu, this is a game mode only available during Mystic Mayhem that sends players into Limbo to defeat the Demon Lord N’astirh!
    • Legendary Mystic Scrolls and Double Legendary Mystic Scrolls - Items that can drop anywhere giving you some of the best loot in the game!
    • Strike on Limbo - Speak to Magik in the X-Mansion for a mission that grants you 3 power points and +63 permanent health bonus!

Bonus Experience - 150% bonus server side Experience Boost!

Bonus RIF - 100% bonus server side Rare Item Find!

Plus some pretty rad sales that will be announced when this goes live!
    TheArtofRawr announced our final developer's blog explaining the incoming Difficulty Slider along with BIF! You can read all about it in the link provided and check out all the other very detailed blogs here.

We also did a live-stream chatting about the changes coming to Marvel Heroes! MichaelMayhem and Asros joined myself and I must say, it is a great jumping off point for anyone who hasn't been following the upcoming changes. In the same live-stream, we announced the Uncanny Beast Costume, Jubilee being the Team-Up Hero with Beast, Black Bolt being the next hero planned after Beast, AND Medusa being the new Team-Up Hero with Black Bolt... crazy! We plan to do many many more live-streams so keep your peepers peeping~ Our next live-stream is planned for the end of the month with the topics of focusing on the Mobility Update, Difficulty Slider, BIF, and a Q&A for the upcoming changes.

Finally... Test Center has been up for a couple of days with all 59 heroes for you to test out along with all the new upcoming changes. We can't thank you enough for taking the time to test it out and formulate your feedback on those threads. The TC forums will be archived at 12:00PM PST today.

Our next planned live TC is sometime early-mid next week*! With this amount of time given, our developers should have put in a significant amount of bug fixes and feedback that you guys have given.

Tons of exciting content still coming and tons of feedback to gather! Thanks always for your patience and wonderful attitudes.

To be Continued...

• Options
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

This is a fan mockup, AFAIK.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Wmylajo.jpg

Aww man, I got excited for a second. Thought she'd be a full hero.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Free Black Cat token if you log in on Friday as well as the Big Ten event going on.

There's also a bunch of sales at the moment: stash sale, hero/costume bogo, pet/team-up sale etc.

• Options
    It took me like half a frigging hour to figure out why they're giving out Black Cat on Friday. I'm not proud.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    It took me like half a frigging hour to figure out why they're giving out Black Cat on Friday. I'm not proud.

They could have also gone with Widow and Panther. But Bolt isn't playable yet. :D

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    I wish the Big 10 boxes had off-screen indicators. I'm sure I've missed some that dropped.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

They could have also gone with Widow and Panther. But Bolt isn't playable yet. :D

Could have been a surprise release.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That's an interesting change, could make stacking health on some heroes a viable strategy

• Options
    KomoriMan wrote:

Ahoy-hoy folks,

Hopefully you all got tons of rest over the weekend. Some of us are still recovering from the Thanksgiving Holiday food-fest~

The Odin's Bounty is live from 12/1-12/8! Defeat bosses for Odin's Bounty which have high chances of containing Runes and Odin Marks! You might even get the Mysterious Crimson Box and the rare Odin's Blessing which adds to the lootsplosion.

We had an update to Test Center today with a few iterations to a handful of heroes like Gambit, Loki, Moon Knight, Rogue, and more. You can check their individual threads for more info~ Please continue to provide what feedback you have for any aspect of TC. As usual, our team is combing through it and taking back any constructive feedback you guys & gals provide.

Great news as well~ We have another Live-Stream set for Wednesday(12/7) to go over everyone's favorite the hottest topic... The Mobility Update! We plan to have on member's of the development team on to chat about the biggest systems update and more. Speaking of...

We have opened up a Q&A thread for the Live-Stream we have planned on December 7th on Twitch to answer YOUR questions about the biggest systems update and more. Remember... questions that are snarky or have ill-intent in them will be ignored.

Side note: We will be utilizing the General Announcements thread more! Moving past announcements in there for you to still view and discuss. Like the Jubilee and Medusa announcement~

Have a great weekend full of Test Center and relaxation~

To be Continued...

• Options
    Really just want this big update to go live before I play again

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I just really want the big update to go live so I can quit forever and only marginally regret it.

• Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    People are making a much bigger deal over this movement change than it really warrants. I played the TC for some hours this weekend, and it's not a big deal. I actually like the 1 second windup on travel powers, they made it look really good. And the dash charges were inconsequential, although I didn't play any movement-centric characters and test that out. It's really not any huge change, I really don't know why people knock it so much.

• Options
    It's a huge change for teleporting and dash heroes and super annoying. They also haven't said what they are going to do to make "the journey" more interesting. I don't want to run a terminal or other mode and have it take twice as long if it's going to have the same garbage loot drops from mobs.

• Options
    The most positive reviews of TC I've seen are "It doesn't hurt combat", ie it doesn't do anything good.

In contrast, everything will be slower. Movement speed down, teleports ruined.

I don't hate change just because, in fact I was really excited by most of these changes (indifferent to the unique -> omega part). But one of the best parts of the game is how little it wastes my time. Most of the game is fun, there's very little filler. Now that movement power speed has been almost halved, there will be more dead time where I'm not doing anything interesting, just moving somewhere else.

If they wanted to make trash mobs a bigger part of the game, this is the wrong way to do it. If they want this to improve boss fights, then actually do it: put in a few new boss fights along with this patch so we can see why it's necessary.

As it currently stands the change is just going to make the game slower and more boring for no good reason.

• Options
  • Options
    The game honestly wasn't better for it being faster, and to make enemies challenging when you could zip around endlessly they had to be able to drop incredible burst damage.

Slowing the game down is better for long term health of the game.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    ISla9PX.png

Ok pervy, but her crotch looks weird.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Email from Gaz saying come back, we miss you.

I just logged in a couple days ago...

Also, if you want me to come back sooner, release the damn update.

• Options
    Is that an official video? Because 'artic'?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Nah, he's just a streamer/youtuber who posts a lot of PTR stuff

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Holiday Event has started, I got a mini mandroid pet and a Punisher Dead Winter team-up, dunno if they're only available today or what though.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Wow, feel like I won the lottery. Got a 90% off G sale coupon from logging in, and promptly bought 28,000 or so G for 16€. Guess I'm set!

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    BTW the rewards from the Holiday Quest are pretty good, a GoK, Surter rune among other things.

• Options
    I can't get Maria Hill's present, Clea just refuses to sell it to me.

• Options
    Ardol wrote: »
    BTW the rewards from the Holiday Quest are pretty good, a GoK, Surter rune among other things.

Where do you go to start this?

• Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular

The quests will be in your quest log, under the events section. It'll have the checklist of people to turns items into, with hints for each person as to what they want and where they can be found. If you have the correct items for a person, they will have the question mark indicator above them. Just click on them to turn in the items and get the reward. As per usual if you get stuck the forums has a post letting you know exactly what's needed and where to get it.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options

A bunch of NPCs are looking for specific items, it's not a quest I don't think. There's a list here, taken from Reddit:
    5 each of red and green candy canes for Stan Lee, he gives a Gem of the Kursed.
    5 Holiday Trees for Ben Urich, he gives a box of 100 random relics.
    Full Set of "Iron Man Vs. Series" Cards for Agent Coulson, he gives a random lvl 80 legendary.
    Pretzel and Ketchup for Wonder Man, he gives a Gem of the Wurst.
    Sentinel Head for Professor Xavier, he gives a holobody visual.
    Alex Williams' Mohawk Gel for Beast, he gives a random Vanity pet.
    The All-Father's Eyepatch for Nick Fury, he gives an Iridium triple boost(2 hours).
    Bloodstone Panther for Maria Hill, she gives 50 armor drives/odin marks/worldstones/protectors/seals.
    Fantastic Force Field for Sue Storm, she gives 10 Mysterious Concoctions.
    Doop sector portal for Heimdall, he gives a box of 5 rare runes.
    200k credit chest for Sif, she gives a box of 200 odin marks.
    Epic Madam medal for Abigail Brand, she gives a SHIELD agent medal.
    You can buy Ketchup from Jocasta, Gel from Moondragon for 1k currency.
    Sentinel Head from DR vendor for 500 Merits.