As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How to beat the Post PAX Blues

kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge CreatorLondon UKRegistered User regular
Below are my suggestions for beating the post PAX blues, an ailment that afflicts almost everyone who attends a PAX in some form or another. The list of actions below are only suggestions and it is not exhaustive. Feel free therefore to add to to it!
  1. Join a tabletop gaming meet up group so that you can continue to play the amazing games that you played at 2am during PAX.
  2. Contact the developer of games you saw and liked at PAX and thank them for showing it off and compliment on their game; it'll mean a lot to them.
  3. Continue to visit these forums as well as any other social network sites that have pages dedicated to PAX.
  4. Share your experiences of going to PAX with others as a means to rekindle those memories and also demonstrate to people why it's such an amazing show.
  5. Play the games you saw when they come out as they will be quite a different experience as to when you played them during PAX.
  6. Keep your PAX badge(s) as a memento of when you went and spent time with 80,000 other like minded people.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Also,

7. Take the rest of the week off.
    8. Schedule a full body massage a couple of days after the show, to work the strain of standing in line out.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    9. PAX IRC channel

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    10) Drink heavily and play video games.

<@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • kbschmidkbschmid Calgary, ABRegistered User regular
    11. Pre-book vacation for next PAX.

By day, a mild-mannered charity guy
    By night, a gamer.
    PAX Prime 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    12. This may fall under 4 as well. I found that writing about the experience actually really helped.

nevermore13 on
  • krovekkrovek Registered User regular
    13. watch recap videos of what you missed or want to relive. Also Definitely keep your badge and talk about it to people because doing it every once in a while just makes me happy talking about it.

• MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    14. Go on holiday, though I guess this falls under (7). I still have another week before being back from work after PAX Aus

• UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    15. Rewatch the panels that are available on the PAX twitch channels - Live vicariously till the next PAX.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    14. Go on holiday, though I guess this falls under (7). I still have another week before being back from work after PAX Aus

Definately. Perhaps to Austin in late January, Boston in April or Seattle in August. They are nice places at that time of year...or so I hear.