As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fitness and Weight Management

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    WTF is a Pumpkin Spice 15k? Is it like a Color Run, only you get pelted with cinnamon sugar and nutmeg?

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Instead of cups of water, they hand out pumpkin spice lattes along the way in little paper cups.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Nothing quite like an airplane seat to make you feel like the fattest behemoth to ever exist.

• Options
    Ugh, that is what I think of every time I fly, yeah. And they only make them smaller and smaller.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I haven't flown in almost ten years and everything I hear makes it sound like the actual worst way to get anywhere.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I hadn't thought of any of that. What is pre workout stuff?

This is what I use. It's basically like an energy drink with some magic bodybuilding whats-its.

(Again, I'm not an expert)

Please consult your physician before taking magic bodybuilding whats-its.
    I got some of this in lemon lime.

It tastes really really good.

The directions say to use it 30mins before workout, and 4 hours later or something. I did 2 scoops before my workout, and upped it to three four hours later for science.

It made my whole head tingle for some reason, but this stuff works better than coffee and energy drinks for me. I love it.

• Options
    My process usually involves 3 scoops of Amino Energy prior to working out, then I take 2 BCAA post-workout. I'll do ZMA before bed most nights. Those are really all the supplements I use, I think. I used to do 500mg each of Glutamine and Carnitine pre-workout too but it was fucking up my stomach more often than not.

• Options
    Multivitamin and a recovery beer, bros.

KISS.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I have some friends that do the workout supplement thing. They like em, I forget which ones they use.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I haven't flown in almost ten years and everything I hear makes it sound like the actual worst way to get anywhere.

I haven't flown in almost ten weeks, which might be a personal record.

And yeah, it's dreadful.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    L-glutamine and caffeine pre workout - small protein shake after workout. (Costco sells a great off brand one that has 30g protein for only around 180 calories).

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    godmode wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I hadn't thought of any of that. What is pre workout stuff?

This is what I use. It's basically like an energy drink with some magic bodybuilding whats-its.

(Again, I'm not an expert)

Please consult your physician before taking magic bodybuilding whats-its.
    I got some of this in lemon lime.

It tastes really really good.

The directions say to use it 30mins before workout, and 4 hours later or something. I did 2 scoops before my workout, and upped it to three four hours later for science.

It made my whole head tingle for some reason, but this stuff works better than coffee and energy drinks for me. I love it.

Typically the tingling is caused by beta alanine, but I didn't see any in that.

Anyway, caffeine plus BCAAs is great.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Beta alanine is on the ingredient list.

Cool to know!

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    For muscle building and maintenance to supplement a good diet, is there anything people are using for all-round performance? I'm sort of wary of using multiple supplements at once.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    You can't go wrong with trenabol and clenbuterol.

• Options
    For muscle building and maintenance to supplement a good diet, is there anything people are using for all-round performance? I'm sort of wary of using multiple supplements at once.

A good protein shake will have everything you need. Muscle Milk packs it's powders and pre-mixed shakes with all the stuff you need.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    203!

It's happening!

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    It's kind of unfair that I dodge illness during my entire marathon training and then come down with a head cold with less than a week to go.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    My legs are still burning kinda from pedaling a very steep hill as an alternate 5k on Wednesday.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular

Caffeine probably

also yeah what tube said, eat clen and tren hard

• Options
    For the sake of liability I should stress that no one is seriously suggesting you should take either of those things.

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    Yeah *wink*

• Options
    PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT WINK

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Aren't they legal in the UK?

• Options
    Huh, that's interesting actually now that I look it up they are. But not legal to supply so... you're getting into some weird areas trying to buy it and will probably get ripped off.

Primarily I don't want to encourage PEDs on here because if someone messes up and hurts themselves I'm in the shit.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Yeah. Just look up what happened to Gregg Valentino. Though some of that was synthol.

• Options
    I'm basically stunned at the revelation that in the UK you can figuratively just order trenabol from Amazon

• Options
    why have I been small all these years

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    why have I been small all these years

And suddenly the moderation got way more strict.

• Options
    It's about to get real around here

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Been on holiday for a week so feeling pretty rubbish. But we're starting our new gym tomorrow night which is newly built and has a pool.

We've set new weightloss targets for Christmas to give ourselves motivation. Tough we've eaten loads this week my wife still managed to get in a size smaller dress and I bought an extra large jumper which was my usual size and it was way too big!

• Options
    I'm basically stunned at the revelation that in the UK you can figuratively just order trenabol from Amazon

You didn't wonder why all the pro bodybuilders usually moved to Mexico or the UK or any other place PEDs aren't illegal?

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Apparently, I have some mild form of pneumonia which, according to the internet, means I should be dead.

Instead I've dropped my runs from 15K to 8K and switched to light strength training.

I was getting close to 20K, though! And now it's nice and chilly which I find 100% more pleasant to run in.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options

You didn't wonder why all the pro bodybuilders usually moved to Mexico or the UK or any other place PEDs aren't illegal?

I didn't know they moved to the UK! I knew Mexico was a thing, but you can just buy it from the pharmacy there.

• Options
    Monaco, too. Use PEDs and avoid taxes at the same time.

• Options
    I thought I'd clicked on the Election thread and that comment was about Lewinsky

• Options
    Marathon report: rained about 85% of the time. Started 40-60 seconds more than my planned pace, still was more tired than expected by mile 3, felt overheated by mile 5. Took off my top layer and tied it around my waist (absorbed water, ended up weighing five pounds) between 5 and 6.

Blisters developed between my first two toes (both feet) around mile 10. Ankles stiffened up around 16. Ran a full hour slower than I planned.

But hey, it's done, I'm healing, I'm almost done with the head cold, and I'm no longer unleashing profanity on staircases.

ofn20u3cvyo7.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2016
    The Judge wrote: »
    Marathon report: rained about 85% of the time. Started 40-60 seconds more than my planned pace, still was more tired than expected by mile 3, felt overheated by mile 5. Took off my top layer and tied it around my waist (absorbed water, ended up weighing five pounds) between 5 and 6.

Blisters developed between my first two toes (both feet) around mile 10. Ankles stiffened up around 16. Ran a full hour slower than I planned.

But hey, it's done, I'm healing, I'm almost done with the head cold, and I'm no longer unleashing profanity on staircases.

ofn20u3cvyo7.jpg

Congrats on the run! I might have seen you in passing. I was driving across the St. Johns bridge when a big group of runners was going across. It took me a second. I was all "Wtf are all these people doing?".

webguy20 on
  • Options
    The bridge is just past the 16 mile mark, so I'd say 'torturing themselves and paying for the privilege to do so'.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Yea, nobody seemed real happy. I imagine the jog up the incline to get to the bridge must have been killer after already running 16 miles.

webguy20 on
This discussion has been closed.