As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So I've got this ring...

RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
So I was engaged, now I'm not. This sucks.

What really sucks is that I've got a ring that's appraised for $$$$ and I have no idea how to get even $$ back for it, as it was a custom order piece and therefore no refunds.

I'm living up in Edmonton, Canada, and I'm crossing my fingers that someone here knows a place I can sell my appraised jewelry at for at least a decent percentage of my purchase price.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Sorry, Rain. :(

I'm not sure if they will look at custom jewelry, but my mother was treated very well at Highglow Jewellers in Millbourne Mall when she decided to sell an antique gold-plated watch. They have (or at least had) a professional goldsmith on site who weighs everything right in front of you (...of course, I'm not sure how much the weight accounts for the cost of custom jewelry vs the craftsmanship).

The yellow page entry for them is here.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Definitely worth a shot, thanks Ender!

• Options
    Reverend_ChaosReverend_Chaos Suit Up! Spokane WARegistered User regular
    If you are not in time crunch, then you might want to try private sale, where you are likely to get most of your money back, just know that since it's a custom peice, you will probably have to take a bit of a loss, but not the loss that you are likely to take selling it to a jeweler.

“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I need an engagement ring.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I need an engagement ring.

AGFd8Bn.jpeg

Rainfall on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah you guys can't use the forums for that.

That is a fucking gorgeous ring though.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    A buddy was able to unload his ring after a similar experience on https://www.idonowidont.com/ and he said he got 80% on what he spent.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    That actually looks like a pretty good site, and reminds me that some people think really garish rings are great.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    A buddy was able to unload his ring after a similar experience on https://www.idonowidont.com/ and he said he got 80% on what he spent.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much.

You're welcome! It's got a solid reputation on a lot of wedding websites and I've personally known a few buyers (and the one seller) who had positive experiences.

Sorry for the outcome, but I hope this helps at least a little.

I am in the business of saving lives.