As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News Gone Right v2 - take this bread and eat it, for OMG WE JUST BROKE THE LHC

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    A couple of weeks ago, I went out with the family to my 30th birthday bash. I made sure my father couldn't flag a server down to embarrass me by going to the washroom first thing, and staying at the table at all times. Unfortunately, our waiter caught the fact I was being given a present and strode over and asked if someone was having a birthday. My father eagerly points to me. 3 minutes later, the entire waitstaff is at my table, singing a little ditty. Free slice of fundge and vanilla bean ice cream was yummy.

Secretly, I enjoy it, but I will never ask waitstaff to do it if they look busy, or look like the don't enjoy it.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Five years ago, an openly gay individual would have been thrown out of the US Army.

Today, an openly gay individual is poised to lead it.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Or, you know, just an idea here, we could stop inflicting this public embarrassment on our friends and loved ones.

...and then there would be no reason to go to Applebee's.

what if you need 100,000mg of salt per serving?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Or, you know, just an idea here, we could stop inflicting this public embarrassment on our friends and loved ones.

Find Bender.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Xaquin wrote: »

PF Changs is your man there.
    5. SALTIEST CHINESE
    P.F. Chang's Double Pan-Fried Noodles with Pork
    7,900 mg sodium
    1,652 calories
    84 g fat (12 g saturated)

VishNub on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I am saddened that the Oregon Trail map does not including a stop to visit the site where I made my sister die of dysentery in the game because she pissed me off in real life. 1988 anger management, right there.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Good Idea: Wishing all your Jewish viewers a happy Yom Kippur.

Bad Idea: Wishing all your Jewish viewers a happy Yom Kippur, using an image of the incredibly infamous Star of David patch as a graphic.

How do you even think that would be a good idea?

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular

Bad Idea: Wishing all your Jewish viewers a happy Yom Kippur, using an image of the incredibly infamous Star of David patch as a graphic.

Good ol local news stations, you'd think by now they would learn to not just grab the first thing they see on google images.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Foomy wrote: »

Good ol local news stations, you'd think by now they would learn to not just grab the first thing they see on google images.

But this wasn't West Bumfuck, it was Chicago.

...this is an indictment of our education system, isn't it?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Wikipedia should have a nice clean vector graphic of it if you're too cheap to have in-house artists.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

Somebody in the comments points out that it's not just *the* infamous patch, but the background is that of a prison uniform.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular

To be fair, the previous thread witnessed the birth of "Florida Man vs Chicago Man"

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular

Doesn't really matter the size, they all at some point just tell an intern to get an image for something and then slap it into the feed without looking.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Hevach wrote: »

Somebody in the comments points out that it's not just *the* infamous patch, but the background is that of a prison uniform.

Yeah, I noticed that as well - not only did you have the patch, but the background resembling the design of the camp uniforms. Which is why I'm wondering why the intern on image file duty didn't.

• Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    5. SALTIEST CHINESE
    P.F. Chang's Double Pan-Fried Noodles with Pork
    7,900 mg sodium
    1,652 calories
    84 g fat (12 g saturated)

Aw, man! That was my favorite.

• Options

Yeah, I noticed that as well - not only did you have the patch, but the background resembling the design of the camp uniforms. Which is why I'm wondering why the intern on image file duty didn't.

Intern either didn't know or didn't care. Not like they're being paid.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Intern either didn't know or didn't care. Not like they're being paid.

Nah this is definitely more intentional to me, like I did a google for "jew star" and while the patch comes up, the patch with the prison uniform background does not, also "holocaust" comes up pretty prominently, so whoever picked this image did so with intent.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    They said it came from one of their stock photo image banks. Not google.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    And to celebrate bad copyrights being struck down, we can feast on chocolate bears which are definitely not gummy bears:

https://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/haribo-loses-battle-against-lindt-over-gummy-bear-085218063--sector.html

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    They said it came from one of their stock photo image banks. Not google.

So when some said we need an image for Jewish people, that was the first thing that pop up in their image bank?

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    That might not have been the first thing, but it might've been one that whoever it was thought looked the most attractive out of whatever results they got.

• Options
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

This is not on-topic. Again.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Screw just a song, I like what Texas Roadhouse does, makes the birthday person get on a sawhorse with a saddle on it and get their picture taken wearing one of the worst looking cowboy hats of all time.

If you're after embaressment go for the gold.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Was the " You look like a monkey and smell like one too" version under copyright?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Bad News: Little girl passed away today in Seattle after a long fight with cancer.

Good News: The day before she died, she got her wish to meet Seahawks quarterback Russel Wilson at Children's Hospital. Upon meeting him, she asked him to be her godfather, and he accepted. And this morning on receiving the news of her passing posted about it to all of his fans so we could all mourn the unfortunate passing of such a brave little girl.

For those of you not familiar with the player, he makes it a habit to visit Children's Hospital once a week no matter what is going on to see the kids and visit with them and their families. Also, two days before he had lost his second straight game of the season. A lot of people seem to think of him as a bland person, but there's a lot to be said about a guy who takes the time to see kids that could really use a smile instead of focusing on things that at the end of the day mean very little.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I don't understand the ginger hate thing at all.

There are large parts of Britain where the population is (or was) almost entirely white. For example, one of my friends never met a black person until she came to university. In deprived times like those, you find a different target for othering.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

There are large parts of Britain where the population is (or was) almost entirely white. For example, one of my friends never met a black person until she came to university. In deprived times like those, you find a different target for othering.

As a borderline ginger person (I prefer 'Moroccan Sunset') a lot of 'ginger hate' is expressed mostly for humour. Quite often people use it in an ironic way as if they are mocking racism.

I haven't really explained that well I'm only halfway through my morning coffee shut up.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

As a borderline ginger person (I prefer Moroccan sunset), a lot of 'ginger hate' is expressed mostly for humour. Quite often people use it in an ironic way as if they are mocking racism.

I haven't really explained that well I'm only halfway through my morning coffee shut up.

Ginger Hate: All the fun of racism, with none of the social stigma!

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

It's also something associated with the Irish and the Scottish who used to be a popular target in England.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Used to be?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Used to be even more of a popular target.

• Options
    It's still incredibly annoying for the first joke out of people's mouths when they find out I'm red-headed to be something along the lines of not having a soul. Same for when they discover my height and make a clouds joke. I have heard them all ten million times so when I end up punching someone it's not going to be because they made a joke but because people have been telling me that joke for my entire life repeatedly.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Bad news: Saudi prince jailed in LA on sex crime charges, “bleeding woman screaming for help” survived

Gone right: "Police determined Al-Saud does not have immunity in this case, she said."

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    I'm so glad we're doing this thread again.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Bad news: Saudi prince jailed in LA on sex crime charges, “bleeding woman screaming for help” survived

Gone right: "Police determined Al-Saud does not have immunity in this case, she said."

Its actually not that good of news, they let him out on a 300k bail, so he'll be back in Saudi Arabia if he isn't already. That woman will get nothing for justice.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

So we don't need Murtaugh to declare its been revoked?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Preacher wrote: »

Its actually not that good of news, they let him out on a 300k bail, so he'll be back in Saudi Arabia if he isn't already. That woman will get nothing for justice.

Justice system. :rotate:

This discussion has been closed.