As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Interiomancy

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Interiomancy

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Lingering GrinLingering Grin Registered User regular
    lol, love 3rd panel Gabe.

I just watched a comparison of the book and movie for Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

That style in the 3rd panel, reminds me a lot of the movie.

• Options
    BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    I'm loving the use of new angles and poses in these latest comics! Great art Mike, especially the interior shot!

• Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I like how the crappy apartment has that 'old 70's cop show slum interrogation scene' greenish tint. It does a great job of conveying the atmosphere.

ziddersroofurry on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    That box/tv stand is actually pretty clever.

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I think it's just his shirt, but Gabe does look a little excited in the third panel.

• Options
    Jakk FrostJakk Frost Registered User regular
    Love the word you coined for the title today, "Interiomancy".

I could honestly see some professional interior designer advertising themselves as an Interiomancer, especially if they design for the geek crowd.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    "Alexa, buy me a vase."

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    zeromhzeromh Registered User regular
    Come on Jerry, you should know that it's "look on my works ye mighty and despair." The line is iambic! "Upon" ruins the meter.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    briguy wrote: »
    I think it's just his shirt, but Gabe does look a little excited in the third panel.

Emphasis on the little.

And I like how Tycho's art is all birds in suggestive (to him) poses? There is even a magazine of birds on the floor. Quick little zoom & rotate ... and oh I guess there is no calling that ambiguous.
    2tq7mbk3xhim.jpg

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    WhelmedWhelmed Registered User regular
    I'm somewhere in between Tycho and Gabe here, where I have less than no interest in designing my actual house space, but I will gleefully spend hours in a virtual world arranging and perfecting my living quarters. I think it has something to do with digging a sofa out of the ground with a shovel vs. spending $1000 of real life money and then still having to physically lift it.

• Options
    TAFKAPTAFKAP Warrior-Jumper Registered User regular
    I find the lack of Furny jokes here disturbing.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    My apartment and virtual living arrangements share much in common with each other in that I cannot be fucked to do decorating in either of them. Though at least with the virtual apartment it's easy to chuck a piece of furniture to the floor and it springs into being.

• Options
    WarforgedRusWarforgedRus Registered User regular
    Tycho post says: <The game she actually wanted to play in The Sims for example was entirely about social interactions and interior design, and she was forced to endure what she perceived as a fundamentally false slash manipulative drip feed of potential gated by earning “currency.”>

That's a pretty strong Tycho and family friends fail right there. My wife played the Sims and Sims 2 but ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS with the money cheat code. Because who wants to wait on video game time to build a multistory Egyptian pyramid house with multiple pools all abouts and trap the annoying SIMS and NEIGHBOR SIMS inside.

• Options
    JarntazechtJarntazecht Registered User new member
    It was around the time I started playing Minecraft it seemed like there was a lot more freedom in designing a space that maxmized the functionality of storage. In the real world it's not fun to buy a bunch of stuff to organize things better, but it is fun to arrange things in a way that works and looks nice while at the same time anticipating the things you're saving up for.

• Options
    neptune432neptune432 Registered User regular
    I have to say it again: these facial expressions are amazing.

That is all.

• Options
    I didn't use the money cheat, but in The Sims 3 I exploited the writing job. It was easy cash and with the right traits and goals was easy to boost characters.

I like design games. I like making cities and pretty houses. Real life stuff costs money. I try, but it'll never be as nice as what I can do with digital items.

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    Love the toonishness of the style here.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    When I got married, we registered for Ikea vouchers so that my wife could play The Sims in real life.

The first thing she did when we moved into our new unfurnished place was take measurements of everything - height of windowsills, clearance around the radiators, everything. Then out came the catalogue we'd pre-bookmarked to make sure everything could fit.

As somebody who doesn't care about making decisions but enjoys meatballs and putting furniture together, it was pretty rad.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    HelicaonHelicaon Registered User regular
    When I got married, we registered for Ikea vouchers so that my wife could play The Sims in real life.

The first thing she did when we moved into our new unfurnished place was take measurements of everything - height of windowsills, clearance around the radiators, everything. Then out came the catalogue we'd pre-bookmarked to make sure everything could fit.

As somebody who doesn't care about making decisions but enjoys meatballs and putting furniture together, it was pretty rad.

the past couple years I've used google sketchup to check that re-arrangements involving things to be purchased from Ikea will actually fit, as my flat is so small that if one thing is moved or added then everything else requires to be moved as well... so I get the worst of both worlds...

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that poster on the wall in panel two is Mike's best attempt at drawing an ostrich.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that poster on the wall in panel two is Mike's best attempt at drawing an ostrich.

I thought it was a pigeon.

But I was wondering if they would reference an ostrich, so that makes more sense.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    And cold beer. A vase and cold beer can be here in an hour. Because that's how Prime Now rolls.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

Mike can draw ostriches. That is not one. I think, given Tycho's well established proclivity for long-necked animals and birds, I think it's a pigeon with an unusually long neck. Like this one.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    And cold beer. A vase and cold beer can be here in an hour. Because that's how Prime Now rolls.

I'm choosing to belive this was suggesting you can add those to your ostrich order.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Mike can draw ostriches. That is not one. I think, given Tycho's well established proclivity for long-necked animals and birds, I think it's a pigeon with an unusually long neck. Like this one.

NSFW:
    tumblr_n3om2d2kKR1trwf1go1_250.gif

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "NOPE"