As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PSN] 7 June - Mirror's Edge Catalyst | SteamWorld Heist | Odin Sphere | Sherlock TDD

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I thought skate sold really well?

I think it sold really well in comparison to Tony Hawk at the time, but still not that great overall. And then EA had the genius idea of turning it into a yearly franchise and sealed its fate. Pretty sure they closed down its developed a couple of years later.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    Tony Hawk hit the sound track jackpot when they put "Superman" on THPS 1. Then the series peaked the fun factor with THUG. I'm afraid 5 will ruin my fuzzy memories so I'll probably stay away. That being said, I might see if I can Spotify the soundtrack to test drive it for when I can pull this out of the bargain bin.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Here's the Store Update.
    Sales

Platform Game Title Sale Price Original Price
    PS3 ZENO CLASH 2 $3.00 $14.99
    PS Vita ESCAPEVEKTOR $3.50 $6.99
    PSP CORPSE PARTY (PSN EXCLUSIVE) $9.99 $19.99
    PSP CORPSE PARTY: BOOK OF SHADOWS $9.99 $19.99
    Bundles

Console Bundle Price

PS4 Dungeon Defenders II – Collector’s Edition $74.99
    PS4 Dungeon Defenders II – Defender’s Edition $24.99
    PS4 Dungeon Defenders II – Starter’s Edition $14.99
    PS4 NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition $79.99
    PS4 Rocksmith 2014 – Brand New Song Pack $7.99
    PS4 Samurai Warriors 4-II – Animal Set $2.99
    PS4 Samurai Warriors 4-II – Special Costume Set 2 $21.99
    PS3 Comic Crowns Pack $4.99
    PS3 Rocksmith 2014 – Brand New Song Pack $7.99
    PS3 Samurai Warriors 4-II – Animal Set $2.99
    PS3 Samurai Warriors 4-II – Special Costume Set 2 $21.99
    PS Vita Samurai Warriors 4-II – Animal Set $2.99
    PS Vita Samurai Warriors 4-II – Special Costume Set 2 $21.99

-(PS4) Arcade Archives Karate Champ $7.99
    -(PS4) Arcade Archives Shusse Ozumo (out 9/30) $7.99
    -(PS4) Dynamite Fishing – World Games (out 9/30) $4.99
    -(PS4) EA Sports NBA Live 16 $59.99
    -(PS4) Journey Collector’s Edition $24.99
    -(PS4) NBA 2K16 $59.99
    -(PS4) Prismatic Solid $9.99
    -(PS4) Samurai Warriors 4-II $49.99
    -(PS4) Thief Town $7.99
    -(PS4) Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 $59.99
    -(PS4) Toto Temple Deluxe $9.99
    -(PS4) Demo for Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4), Hardware: Rivals (Beta Trial) (out 9/30, PS Plus Only

-(PS3) Mega Man Legends (PSone Classic) $9.99
    -(PS3) NBA 2K16 $59.99
    -(PS3) Samurai Warriors 4-II $39.99

-(Vita) Gem Legends $4.99
    -(Vita) Persona 4: Dancing All Night $49.99
    -(Vita) Samurai Warriors 4-II $39.99

-(Pre-Order) Divinity Original Sin – Enhanced Edition (PS4)

Pretty much as shown off in the Drop. We don't get that MMO that was advertised, I guess there was a last minute delay, but everything else is there. Not a big sale, but if you don't have the Corpse Party games, Blood Drive (and Halloween) are just around the corner!

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Have there been any rumors on October PS Plus games yet?

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Have there been any rumors on October PS Plus games yet?

Super Meat Boy and Black Flag are rumored

SMB seems very very likely

edited September 2015
    Uncharted 2 doesn't look nearly as "remastered" as I thought it'd be

It's running at 60 or near it though so that's cool

EDIT: Damn, it's clear that it's been a hot minute since I've played an Uncharted game. I was on the rooftop for like ten minutes trying to shoot down the helicopter before I realized I'm supposed to just run because it's like advancing a cutscene rather than playing a game, and then I remembered why I like Uncharted 1 so much more than 2 or 3.

UnbreakableVow on
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Uncharted 2 doesn't look nearly as "remastered" as I thought it'd be

It's running at 60 or near it though so that's cool

EDIT: Damn, it's clear that it's been a hot minute since I've played an Uncharted game. I was on the rooftop for like ten minutes trying to shoot down the helicopter before I realized I'm supposed to just run because it's like advancing a cutscene rather than playing a game, and then I remembered why I like Uncharted 1 so much more than 2 or 3.

To be fair, in Uncharted 1 you would've actually had to shoot the helicopter for 10 minutes to advance.

edited September 2015
    It was still good fun, I'll just always wish there were more "game" in Uncharted 2. Most of my time in that demo was me thinking "this is good but it makes me sad that I have to wait a year for Rise of the Tomb Raider"

But yeah, I ended up preordering this today after some unexpected funds found their way to me, and it's been six years since I played 2 so it's ripe for another play through

Maybe I'll give 3 another shot too now that they fixed the shooting

UnbreakableVow on
    edited September 2015
    Firmware 3.0 is up. I'll try and create a PA community when it's installed if there isn't one already there.

Edit: Alright, I created one, made it request only and invited everyone from my friends list who I recognised as a PA member (past and present, whether they have a PS4 or not). If you're not on my friends list (or I accidentally missed you while going through it) then you should be able to request to get in. You might want to post in here or PM me if I won't recognise your PSN ID though.

I don't really have the time right now to add a picture or background, I can do that in the morning, but if anyone has some ideas outside of the standard PA logo, feel free to suggest them.

Unco-ordinated on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    There doesn't seem to be a way to search for communities, so if I could get an invite (Bradcopter), that would be great.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    If you could invite Xonjas that would also be great.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    The other week I thought I was actually running out of space with my PS+ cloud saves on PS3. After looking at how much space each save in the cloud space takes up, though, I'm inclined to believe that "998/1024 MB" means the amount of space available rather than space used. D'oh.

• RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Firmware 3.0 is up. I'll try and create a PA community when it's installed if there isn't one already there.

Edit: Alright, I created one, made it request only and invited everyone from my friends list who I recognised as a PA member (past and present, whether they have a PS4 or not). If you're not on my friends list (or I accidentally missed you while going through it) then you should be able to request to get in. You might want to post in here or PM me if I won't recognise your PSN ID though.

I don't really have the time right now to add a picture or background, I can do that in the morning, but if anyone has some ideas outside of the standard PA logo, feel free to suggest them.
    Yeah, I tried to join from your invitation, but the interface wouldn't let me select anything. Maybe from the phone app? Not sure if there is an update for that to allow communities.

• ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Uncharted 2 doesn't look nearly as "remastered" as I thought it'd be.
    I greatly enjoyed all the Uncharted games on PS3, but the PS4 demo left me rather cold. I wonder if it's mainly that I love Naughty Dog's charm, characters and storytelling, and since the demo is pretty much plucked out of the context of the overall story there's only the gameplay, which is absolutely fine but not what keeps me engaged with these games.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    I'd appreciate an invite as well, psn: b1rdman385.
    I should go update my PS4 now too.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    For some reason I have like no PA peeps on my PS4 friend list. I need to fix that.

Brainiac_8 is my gamertag if you could add me to the PA community too.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    I'd love to take a gander at the community feature with you guys. Throw me an invite please.

PSN: ExMaloBonum

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Well, this might explain why the latest Tony Hawk was shat out so badly.

tl;dr: Tony Hawk's contract with Activision expires this year.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • alabasteralabaster Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite to the community? PSN is RedBeardtheAngry. The only PA'ers I have on my friends list are from the Destiny clan.

PSN: RedBeardtheAngry XBL: alabaster
  • chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I also would like an invite to this new group. PSN: Chuck-Steak.

Also, does anybody else here have NHL 16? We should make a little league if there are at least a few.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    I greatly enjoyed all the Uncharted games on PS3, but the PS4 demo left me rather cold. I wonder if it's mainly that I love Naughty Dog's charm, characters and storytelling, and since the demo is pretty much plucked out of the context of the overall story there's only the gameplay, which is absolutely fine but not what keeps me engaged with these games.

I started that way and towards the end of the demo that Naughty Dog warmth was starting to come back, but yeah, it's weird just being dumped in this world. Also I'd rather have had a demo of the first game, I really want to try that out remastered.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

I started that way and towards the end of the demo that Naughty Dog warmth was starting to come back, but yeah, it's weird just being dumped in this world. Also I'd rather have had a demo of the first game, I really want to try that out remastered.

I'm a little nervous about Uncharted 4, since the game's creator was forced out of/left Naughty Dog, and the game fell to the Last of Us guys. The Last of Us was great, but Uncharted does NOT need to get all grimdark. Half the game's charm is its rollicking adventure tone.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

I'm a little nervous about Uncharted 4, since the game's creator was forced out of/left Naughty Dog, and the game fell to the Last of Us guys. The Last of Us was great, but Uncharted does NOT need to get all grimdark. Half the game's charm is its rollicking adventure tone.

The gameplay demo they showed at E3 this year went a long way towards reassuring me that the Banter System is still quite operational.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I would like to join the PA community! I'm SwashbucklerXX on PSN too.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    I'm UnbreakableVow on PSN

I'd definitely like to look into this group thing

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    What's the deal with PSN communities?

kyrcl.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    What's the deal with PSN communities?

I think it's basically a forum on PSN. So like, the PA community would be like this thread, but right on your PS4.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Ps plus:

Broken Age (PS4/PS Vita)
    Super Meat Boy (PS4/PS Vita)
    Unmechanical Extended (PS4/PS3)
    Kickbeat (PS Vita/PS3)
    Kung Fu Rabbit (PS Vita/PS3)
    Chariot (PS3)

Driveclub ps+ is leaving this month too.

Not a bad month for Vita.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    I'd like to do the community thing too! I'm wordherder on there since "cloudeagle" is a terrible name.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Never heard of most of these. Broken Age looks interesting.

SMB however, is so not my thing.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Hell yes Super Meat Boy

Double Fine is usually not my thing at all but I'll give Broken Age a shot for free

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Broken Age is a fun throwback to the oldschool point and clicks, and thankfully, is only very rarely obtuse about what you need to do (unlike many of the oldschool point and clicks.)

Super Meat Boy is awesome, but how many of us have already played it elsewhere by now?

Driveclub is leaving? Whatever, no loss there. The PS+ version was shit with like, what, 4 tracks? Maybe I'm still bitter about the whole E3 "Free for PS+ Subscribers" thing.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Woo! Almost bought Broken Age a few months ago. Now I don't have to. Also, what happened to the voting thing? Was it just the one time?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.

Yeah, I tried to join from your invitation, but the interface wouldn't let me select anything. Maybe from the phone app? Not sure if there is an update for that to allow communities.

That's weird. I don't think the phone app has communities yet, should I just send you another invite? Maybe try restarting your PS4.

I believe I've invited everyone who requested to join. If there's any problems or I missed you, PM me. cloudeagle, I sent you an invite earlier.

Mega Thor, think Steam groups. They're pretty much the same concept.

Lastly, there's only really one game for me from that PS+ update but I'll take it.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Woo! Almost bought Broken Age a few months ago. Now I don't have to. Also, what happened to the voting thing? Was it just the one time?

Everyone voted for the wrong game and I had to pay for Armello, that's what happened.

If someone could throw an invite to chamberlain for the pa community thing I would appreciate it.

edited September 2015

Everyone voted for the wrong game and I had to pay for Armello, that's what happened.

If someone could throw an invite to chamberlain for the pa community thing I would appreciate it.

Are you Chamberlain with the purple face icon? There were a few different chamberlain's, so I wasn't sure.

Skull, the PS+ voting was always said to be an occasional thing.

Edit: There's now an option in the Share Settings to turn off trophy screenshots. You can also change screenshots to PNG from the same menu, which is a hugely welcome change.

Unco-ordinated on
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Broken Age is a fun throwback to the oldschool point and clicks, and thankfully, is only very rarely obtuse about what you need to do (unlike many of the oldschool point and clicks.)
    It's very charming, if rather slight, and benefits from players who don't expect it to be the Second Coming of Day of the Tentacle.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

Are you Chamberlain with the purple face icon? There were a few different chamberlain's, so I wasn't sure.

Skull, the PS+ voting was always said to be an occasional thing.

Edit: There's now an option in the Share Settings to turn off trophy screenshots. You can also change screenshots to PNG from the same menu, which is a hugely welcome change.

Yeah, that should be me. Thanks, I will check tonight.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Here's the PAL Store update as it appears in the blog post.

Kind of a slow week, Basketball and Tony Hawk 5 are the probably the main draws this week.
    Harvest Moon: Back to Nature is out as a PSOne classic though.
    PS4
    Arcade Archives Moon Cresta - £7.99/€9.99

NBA Live 16 - £54.99/€69.99

Journey Collector’s Edition - £19.99/€24.99

Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence - £54.99/€59.99 (Out: 02/10/15)

Samurai Warriors 4 with bonus - £39.99/€49.99 (Out: 02/10/15)

Toto Temple Deluxe - £8.99/€10.99

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 - £49.99/€59.99 (Out: 02/10/15)

PS3
    Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (PSOne) - £3.99

Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence - £39.99/€49.99 (Out: 02/10/15)

Samurai Warriors 4 with bonus - £32.99/€39.99 (Out: 02/10/15)

PS Vita
    Samurai Warriors 4-II with bonus - £32.99/€39.99 (Out: 02/10/15)

PS4 DLC
    Batman: Arkham Knight - x2 (£1.69/€1.99 each)

Blood Bowl 2 - x2 (£5.79/€6.99 each)

MX vs ATV Supercross - Various vehicles (From £2.49/€2.99)

NBA Live 16 - NBA Points (From £0.79/€0.99)

Rocksmith 2014 - Brand New Song Pack (£6.49/€7.99, individual songs also available)

Trials and Betas
    Hardware Rivals beta - FREE
    Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection - FREE
    Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in September

Diarmuid on