As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner - Neuromancer the card game!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    You know, I think Blackmail wouldn't be so bad if it just stopped X ICE from rezzing on a run, where X is the amount of Bad Pub the corp has. So you can get into single-ICE servers, but you at least have a out by just building bigger servers. And usually if you have more than one Bad Pub, it's due to something you did to yourself.

Although I guess that's kind of Inside Jeorb, except different because the ICE isn't rezzing instead of bypassing rezzed ICE...

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Yeah I enjoy the fact that Damon thinks IG isn't all that powerful and that it can be countered now. All while forgetting the idea that the deck isn't merely powerful, but also incredibly unenjoyable to play against.

I don't mind really strong decks as long as they lead to fun games.

this is a really important point that seems to be entirely lost on him

he does not seem to appreciate how frustrating it is for games to drag on and on for no reason

Don't forget he has stated that he specifically made DLR and Blackmail cards to empower those terrible archtypes. He very much seems the kind of person who enjoys taking away the opponent's power, which is kind of a shit place to be working from in a game that has nearly unparalleled interaction between the players. =_=
    I'm really quite curious indeed where things go once we finish Mumbad and see if things change notably on the first set Damon spearheads.

I wouldn't say DLR takes power away from the opponent. You need to make a run (good) and be also be tagged for it to work, so your opponent can always just trash it. Pavilion is what made it crazy.

Blackmail is totally crazy tho.

Like, I'm not specifically talking about the card DLR, but the deck-type. I still don't think DLR itself was a good card to print. It's at least not incredibly silly by itself. What I was saying is he wanted to make OTHER CARDS (and did) that made DLR and Blackmail much better, and overall viable archtypes. Granted you can give some leeway on WNP accidentally being printed wrong (supposedly anyway), so it was perhaps never intended to be as strong as it wound up being, but the point remains he wants to enable these low-interaction game pieces.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Neaden wrote: »
    Dover and I split our games, each winning our corporation game.

@Anzekay Just in case you missed this post.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Neaden wrote: »
    Dover and I split our games, each winning our corporation game.

@Anzekay Just in case you missed this post.

yep yep!

Regionals today! Feeling pretty good about my decks, and fingers crossed I don't run into anyone playing IG!

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    I "won" a GNK today because only one other person showed up.

It's still really tempting to post my decklists on Netrunnerdb and crow about their UNDEFEATED TOURNAMENT WINNING pedigree.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I bet it could get deck of the week too, do it.

Just need to get the right number of meme pictures in it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    @anzekay admanb swept me

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's totally normal to find 8 points in six cards, right?

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I actually get less tilted by that than by 24/7 butchershop.... there's just not many ways to play around the 24/7 kill.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    I actually get less tilted by that than by 24/7 butchershop.... there's just not many ways to play around the 24/7 kill.

I get that... but at one point in that game I had five points in my hand and another two in my discard, so while it may have felt helpless to you it felt skin-of-my-teeth to me. :)

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Random stupid thoughts:

Waiver in front of a Snare. Soften them up, probably killing two or three cards from the trace, and then when they hit the Snare it pops them. Even if you only win the trace by two or three, that's probably a large number of most deck's cards.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    If you could make a PE deck that somehow had infinite money, Waiver would be cute as a way to score agendas. Fun if you can score Ancestral Imager!

Fry on
  • Options
    Well, regionals yesterday went well overall, but not for me. I ended up 9th after swiss, narrowly being edged out by a friend of mine in the final round (we didn't play, but his SoS ended up being slightly higher than mine). I feel pretty proud that he got into top 8 for the first time, though; I've been helping him with his decks and practice for a few months now so it was really great to finally see him perform really well.

In the end I think my rough play on the day came down to a bunch of factors; I made bad meta calls with my decks; we ended up with loads of Shaper/Noise who hurt my HB FA a lot, and the changes I made to Leela didn't work out at all when 4/5 of my games were against HB Glacier when I was expecting a mostly yellow/green field!
    It was also a lot rougher both running the event and playing this time around (despite it being pretty breezy at both store champs, one of which had slightly more players than we did yesterday!) and I think I was a bit more distracted than usual. Chatting with some of the guys during the top 8 we've decided we're going to push a lot more for the stores who run tournaments to play a more active role in running the events- historically none of them have had anyone who even knows how the Netrunner tournament scoring system works so we've had to run almost everything ourselves, and we don't really have anyone who is solid enough with the rules and also happy to sit out an event to TO it. The store we were at yesterday is pretty new, however, and the owner spoke to me afterwards and is very eager to learn the system himself so that he can run the bracket and scoring for us next time. That'll be good.

So, lesson learned; I should've just stuck to the more versatile versions of decks I knew rather than trying to hone in on what I expect our volatile meta to be like!

As a side note: we didn't have a single person with IG yesterday. I feel so proud of our meta.

• Options
    Weeee.
    Regionals went okay for me today. We had 26 (or 25 ... I don't know) show up, and it was a good mix of old and new faces. I took Leela (Cerberus' most recent build) and a Blue Sun deck we put together recently.

The summary as follows ...

Round 1 - bye.

Round 2:
    Blue Sun sits down across from Geist and I immediately realize "Oh Jesus, there is no way I can kill this guy." I threw down some ICE, made a lot of money while letting him check R&D (I wasn't worried as I had managed to draw 3 of my 5 agendas by turn 6, making his odds abysmal), and safely scored a Vanity Project behind a single Hive because Spike is sad VS 5 subs. ;P Then I stacked a couple of Hives in a remote, and a few turns later managed to score a 2nd Vanity Project as he didn't find his singleton Corroder in time.
    Leela picked up a pretty solid win VS Spark. No highlights here.

Round 3:
    Leela goes first. I see Palana and have no idea what to expect. Turns out to be glacier, and a Cerebral Static really fucks me up while I fail to find a bunch of cards I could really use to get traction. He scores out easily.
    Blue Sun steps up against Haley, and I keep a somewhat high-risk, high-reward hand. I Oversight AI an Assassin and take a credit. He notes, "Yep, I kept this hand just for something like this" and proceeds to install Cache and David. Runs HQ, kills Assassin and snipes the 1-in-4 cards Vanity Project. Then he draws 2 cards because "Of course you do when you just stole a Vanity Project." I'm glad this game is recorded because I'll never do it justice how I recover from this position.
    My turns largely turn into "take a simple action (install, mostly) take 2 credits)" which is never where Blue Sun wants to be. He Indexes and lets me draw some Restructures while I'm dead broke. With less than 10 credits to my name, I install a Spiderweb and Cerebral Overwriter, and triple-advance it next turn. He runs, I rez the Spiderweb, he bounces, Scavenges David and free-installs Lady, then runs again, breaks, and accesses. I trigger overrider with my last 3 credits, putting him to 2 cards on his last click. Next turn bounce Spiderweb, take a credit, SEA Source, Scorch. I love playing this deck.

Round 4:
    Blue Sun steps up first. Have a game against a good friend who was playing a gimmicky Kate deck with experience against my Blue Sun. He was tearing himself apart on when he should run and making sure traces weren't a sure thing. I had a 2-advanced Contract Killer sitting behind a piece of ICE, and triple-advanced an Overwriter that was open. Since equally reasonable plays on my part are to 3-advance Vanity Project, I gave him the 2-3 minutes to decide if he would run it or not (he talked himself out of it once before talking himself back into it again). Some more posturing turns pass, and I triple advance my second Overwriter behind an Orion. He runs it, breaks in, and goes braindead. Good old Blue Sun~
    Leela goes against his Sync, and his deck barfs. I score a bunch of agendas and win while he struggled to do much of anything. We both felt bad about that game.

7-1-0 Put me as first seed going into top 8. No complaints there.

Game 1:
    He has Hayley and Spark. I know Leela is good into yellow, but don't care - I really want to play more Blue Sun.
    Keep an opening hand that could be very strong if he plays wrong (Hedge Fund, Assassin, SEA, Scorch, Jackson). Draw an Overrider, Hedge, install Assassin, install Jackson. He installs Cache+Refractor, runs R&D (sees nothing of consequence), draws a card, plays Aesops. I credit, SEA, Scorch. He looks at his hand and facepalms, then we shake. It's a game so short they won't even bother processing the recording. >_<

Game 2:
    Leela has to step up, and it turns out to be another Palana glacier. I get rather unlucky on R&D accesses once I can do some poking around, but I guess his agenda density wasn't great at a time when we both had 4 points and I knew there was a GFI in hand. Game almost goes to time, but I can't afford to break a 5-deep remote and he can score the GFI for a win.

Game 3:
    We flip and he gets corp, so Leela steps up again to play into NEH. This is good!
    ... While I keep a hand with Desperado and John Masonori, the rest of the "runs are good" cards don't pop up. He gets some early traction and doesn't let bounces put him in super bad positions. I do gain back some ground eventually, getting to 6 points, but then lose to a demoralizing play of "Biotic > Biotic > Fast Track > Install > Advance > Advance > Advance > win"
    Womp. Worse is that apparently I just happened to miss two Beale draws on odd spaces where I wasn't getting to see cards, so like, by all accounts this should have gone my way, but the deck just threw up a bit. Them's the breaks.

I finished 5th overall which is a bit of a shame. I kinda wanted to top 4 so I could sell the ID and make the day's expenses back. Still, I was really happy with Blue Sun and that it took all 4 games it played forcefully and effectively, and continues to kill people through or around their protection. Definitely sad Leela dropped the games she did, but both of my IDs were unique (5 Criminal total [I was the only one close to top-8] , 3 Weyland total [Titan took 2nd place to boot]) and I was happy to try and break the status quo. Also, not a single IG deck was played, and there was much rejoice.
    In the end, a very good day that reminds me ust how much I enjoy this game. <3

• Options
    edited May 2016
    This thread is too quiet, so here's the Blue Sun deck I was using.

[Edit]
    Bonus round! Stats were dumped, so here's the breakdown of representation and win rates. Spoilers for a bunch of images.
    gie7N8k.jpg
    jefpfIg.jpg
    peTu54r.jpg
    Jm3PI9A.jpg
    bEPTngi.jpg
    hzZtGFY.jpg

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    Top 4 at another GNK tonight (we do the elims either on Jinteki or the following week, because the pub kicks us out). My corp deck carried me, but it was due to a couple of bad runner decisions rather than the deck, which absolutely sang. That's good. Means I can stop worrying about card choices and focus on lines of play ahead of Regionals later this week.

• Options
    Huh, so a Silhouette deck won one of the German regionals.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Huh, so a Silhouette deck won one of the German regionals.

Well, the regionals in question had 17 players and the deck went 2-2 according to the author note. Not a ringing endorsement. But Constantine Kelfecil (another German player) has been playing his Silhouette deck for almost a couple years now and is pretty good with it, so clearly there's still the ability to do well.

Edit: That said, Corporate Scandal and Investigative Journalism is a hilarious combo that I may have to try sometime.

There was a Au Revoir - Snitch- Corporate Scandal - Blackmail - Turning Wheel deck at the Arizona regionals that I saw on stream, that was absolutely fantastic to watch play. Used Andromeda to help it get set up. Combined with Drive By and PolOp to deal with remote protection, probably an Emergency Shutdown in case ice somehow gets rezzed. I hope that deck list gets posted somewhere.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    dude just won a regional in seattle on the back of this deck

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/35276/stunt-pony-2-1-1st-undefeated-seattle-regionals

it's pretty silly, but is yet more proof that if you push an idea to its logical conclusion, you can win if you judge the meta correctly

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/35276/stunt-pony-2-1-1st-undefeated-seattle-regionals

it's pretty silly, but is yet more proof that if you push an idea to its logical conclusion, you can win if you judge the meta correctly
    I've seen a few of those decks doing really well in regionals this season. This is I think the first one to outright win, but I've seen those in 2-4 a few times. Folds to well played IG, but it sounds like that deck was socially hated out of the Seattle meta. And I guess no one else is packing enough snares/shocks to discourage big medium digs.

• Options
    Hey folks, I know it's been memorial day weekend so the US folks would've been busy, but just a poke for the last few matchups I need for this round of the league! If I missed any of the scores for these somewhere, my mistake!

@dis' and @Speed Racer
    @Shorty and @Nisi (I know you two are playing in the next day or so)
    @WeedLordVegeta and @Albino Bunny

• Options
    I need to get this off my chest from last night: I got flatlined by a PROJECT JUNEBUG OF SHAME. Because I accessed a double advanced card with three cards in hand. On a run I was under no pressure to make. With Deus Ex in my heap and a Clone Chip on the table.

The litany of fuck-ups that went into that happening are just... I have absolutely no idea what I was thinking.

I'm telling myself that it was good to get that mistake out of my system now, *before* Regionals, but mother of god was that dumb.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    @Anzekay sorry I was bummed out after the games and forgot to report. I won both.

• Options

This is fascinating, because if you had an idea that's what was being played, the deck literally has no win condition VS Blue Sun. If it can OAI an Orion or Curtain Wall on R&D, then wait to get another for a remote, Val has no way to break either one and you can just score. I mean, assuming she doesn't die some other way in the process. But still ... It's interesting to see the odd case where a deck just has literally no answer to something.

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    This thread is too quiet, so here's the Blue Sun deck I was using.

[Edit]
    Bonus round! Stats were dumped, so here's the breakdown of representation and win rates. Spoilers for a bunch of images.
    gie7N8k.jpg
    jefpfIg.jpg
    peTu54r.jpg
    Jm3PI9A.jpg
    bEPTngi.jpg
    hzZtGFY.jpg

Your write-up on playing your Blue Sun Murder deck has sold me on trying the deck out. I have never had the confidence to try a government takeover deck, but this looks great.

• Options
    Dis' wrote: »
    @Anzekay sorry I was bummed out after the games and forgot to report. I won both.

:( bad games?

Thanks for the report though, I'll put them in.

In other news I decided to have some goofy post-regional fun at league tonight and took rebirth au revoir turning wheel Andy, and total recall/Salem/Jeeves Gafarin. They were delightfully silly and I nearly won all my games with them too!

• Options
    I've been very impressed by Turning Wheel when it's been played against me. After this week's Regional (for which it isn't legal), I'm going to be testing the hell out of it in good stuff Criminal decks.

I don't think you build around it, because it's rewarding you for things you want to be doing already - particularly in aggressive decks. Getting a bonus effect for prodding centrals, forcing rezzes, getting unlucky accesses, Siphoning, Sneakdooring for Gabe bucks etc etc... it's just so good.

• Options
    Yeah it's a pretty great card! I was playing a janktown deck, of course, but it's still going to be great in a standard thing. I'm thinking I'll cut one of my R&D interfaces and a legwork to put 2 of them into my Leela goodstuff deck.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I've been trying to make an Out of the Ashes/Turning Wheel/Snitch-Au Revoir deck work out of Shaper. Once it's set up it's fantastic, you spend a click to run for 2-3 credits and a Turning Wheel counter, Ashes is a convenient way to get extra runs and I've been trying it out of Jes to have a use for the credits (Vamp HQ then hit R&D for a 20 card access or whatever).

But it takes way too long to set the rig up =/ I've been thinking of trying Turning Wheel out of Criminal, some kind of Aggro Gabe would be the obvious choice I think but I'd really like to make it work with Leela just to use the alt art card I have.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    WE HAVE TRANSACTION SIIIIIIIIIGN!

From the new Archived Memories interview...
    adn36-stock-buy-back.png

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I have started to play around with Gabe + Turning Wheel. I really think it fits with the typical aggression you see out of Gabe.

Currently my build looks like: https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/681235 .

• Options

I've seen a few of those decks doing really well in regionals this season. This is I think the first one to outright win, but I've seen those in 2-4 a few times. Folds to well played IG, but it sounds like that deck was socially hated out of the Seattle meta. And I guess no one else is packing enough snares/shocks to discourage big medium digs.

yeah, IG is pretty reviled around here, only one guy brought it to regionals (I believe he wound up making top 4 though)

the other natural enemies of the val deck (butcher shop, PE kill decks of any stripe) aren't every popular around here either

right time, right place

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Dis' wrote: »

:( bad games?

Speed Runner seemed to not be having a good time, and I always feel pretty bad when that happens.
    As runner against his Haarp the jacksons went early so the safest thing for me to do was not score and just Keyhole until he couldn't win.
    His Leela against my Spark stole a NAPD early and never really got out of that money hole whilst I astrotrained.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    WE HAVE TRANSACTION SIIIIIIIIIGN!

From the new Archived Memories interview...
    adn36-stock-buy-back.png
    enforcing-loyalty-art.jpg

Siiick art. 'Enforcing Loyalty' is the name, it seems. Goes with the lore of the set.

• Options
    @Anzekay nisi and I split on the runner side

dude keyholed me ten times in one turn, I didn't see that's what he was doing until it was too late to do anything about it

and then against his PE deck I played turntable and took away his house of knives, which made it tough for him to kill me

• Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    PE hates turntable so much :(

Also not that it really matters but I'm not a guy :)

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Here I was all ready to correct him on your behalf. ;P
    *returns to rolling sausages*

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    Oh hey, Fear the Masses moved up to Shipping Now status.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    @Anzekay nisi and I split on the runner side

dude keyholed me ten times in one turn, I didn't see that's what he was doing until it was too late to do anything about it

and then against his PE deck I played turntable and took away his house of knives, which made it tough for him to kill me

sweet, thanks!

Just need @Albino Bunny and @WeedLordVegeta and that'll be it for round 3! :D

• Options
    Nisi wrote: »
    PE hates turntable so much :(

Also not that it really matters but I'm not a guy :)

yeah it's one of the handful of cards I really absolutely hate seeing when I play PE

sorry, my bad!

I should get out of the habit of assuming that