As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner - Neuromancer the card game!

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    i'm really tempted to play seamus argus or a straight up blue sun rush with 3x midseason when boom gets here

sig.gif
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Anyone want to play some post change list games on jnet tomorrow at around 7pm est?

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Hey guys, just waiting on league results from @dis' / @Neaden and @Speed Racer and @WeedLordVegeta

After that it'll be wrapped up and I'll sort out prizes! :o

Anzekay on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    oh shoot I must have missed a notification when I was out in Romania, oops!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Time to unretire the Kate Stealth deck I played for six months last year, I think. Mirror makes multiple runs a bit easier, and 2 mem for 3 creds is pretty good. Film critic turns off Midseasons and Argus and makes self-defending agendas harmless, though that new 4 tag card is a pain.

• Options
    NACH is the way to go, imo. Works will with film critic too.

• Options
    Gonna be tough to find a slot for it, but yeah, that's what I was thinking. The influence for a paper Tripping would be worth spending for the look on the corp's face, though.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I'm thinking for Shapers maybe Film Critic + NACH and no plascrete / sports hoppers at all?

I keep feeling like I need too many tech cards as the runner :/

• Options
    A single sports hopper wouldn't go amiss. It's got solid utility in general so I think you'll never be sad to see it like you would a plascrete.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Personally, I think the NACH is overkill, and that nobody should run that card ever.

This message was brought to you by the Weyland Consortium. Weyland: Because F*ck City Hall, Am I Right?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Like, I really like Boom, but trying to build your combo against operations with a trash cost isn't decidedly reliable. Like, the appropriate play for the runner once you've blown all those cards 2+ tagging them is probably to just run HQ and try to blow it up them self.
    I really think it goes better with Door to Door or Posted Bounty where you can just land one tag at some point and then use Judge or SEA to get the second tag and play Boom in the same turn. Way less forecast while still threatening your usual avenues if they go down in cards.
    Of course I'm bad at this game, so *shrug* ;p

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular

Yeah right!

• Options
    Like, I really like Boom, but trying to build your combo against operations with a trash cost isn't decidedly reliable. Like, the appropriate play for the runner once you've blown all those cards 2+ tagging them is probably to just run HQ and try to blow it up them self.
    I really think it goes better with Door to Door or Posted Bounty where you can just land one tag at some point and then use Judge or SEA to get the second tag and play Boom in the same turn. Way less forecast while still threatening your usual avenues if they go down in cards.

yeah I think once Boom! is out I'll be running HQ a lot more against Weyland and NBN, that's for sure.

I think it'll be very worthwhile to use consulting visit in any deck that uses it, and maybe even some other sort of recursion (though you could also just jackson it back into your deck if it gets trashed, then consulting visit it out.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Oh, I missed that Boom! has a trash cost. Yeah, that's a nontrivial drawback...

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I don't think you'd want to use Boom! as the main card of your combo, but rather as a backup for Scorch. Jackson+Consulting Visit is pretty neat if 7 damage is, indeed, lethal.

• Options
    yeah I feel like the Boom! is mostly to kill an anarch you suspect has IHW. You can't kill through a plascrete with it, so you scorch them to get rid of it. THEN you Boom! them

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    yeah I feel like the Boom! is mostly to kill an anarch you suspect has IHW. You can't kill through a plascrete with it, so you scorch them to get rid of it. THEN you Boom! them

Wouldn't the runner just let the scorch hit the IHW?

sig.gif
  • Options

oh, those were two separate trains of thought >_>

I don't see anarchs using plascrete much if they have IHW, so one Boom! will do the trick.

Whereas crims and shapers with a plascrete out will require a scorch first

• Options

oh, those were two separate trains of thought >_>

I don't see anarchs using plascrete much if they have IHW, so one Boom! will do the trick.

Whereas crims and shapers with a plascrete out will require a scorch first

oh, righto

i probs don't run plascrete anymore, prefer hopper

i just played this janky CT deck that ran:
    • au revoir snitch turning wheel
    • snitch blackguard
    • paintbrush ankusu
    i conceded, he wanted to play it out, i agreed, i conceded again when it took forever >.<

sig.gif
  • Options
    I can't be the only one annoyed that someone has a fuggin' 45 MB GIF inline on the current Deck of the Week on NRDB, can I? You have no choice but to load it whenever you visit there on mobile.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    okay my fan site / liberated chela / beckman / gang sign / HQI jank is starting to win games

may have finally tweaked into something playable

edit: stupid haarp blew up a 21 credit kati and then later a 15 credit kati, with a snatch-and-grab for the first and a 33-strength 1-tag midseasons for the second (after a TGTBT access trashed beckman and prevented me from taking the 15)

the naked agendas in remotes added up though, and since he couldn't afford any meat damage the turn he had to try to score past gang signs and they found the last agenda

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I can't be the only one annoyed that someone has a fuggin' 45 MB GIF inline on the current Deck of the Week on NRDB, can I? You have no choice but to load it whenever you visit there on mobile.

Tweet @alsciende. I already did.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    okay my fan site / liberated chela / beckman / gang sign / HQI jank is starting to win games

edit: stupid haarp blew up a 21 credit kati and then later a 15 credit kati, with a snatch-and-grab for the first and a 33-strength 1-tag midseasons for the second (after a TGTBT access trashed beckman and prevented me from taking the 15)

the naked agendas in remotes added up though, and since he couldn't afford any meat damage the turn he had to try to score past gang signs and they found the last agenda

link the list, i'll play that jank :)

• Options
    Lykouragh wrote: »

link the list, i'll play that jank :)

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/36401/liberated-gang-signs
    chela

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity's Shadow)

Event (10)
    3x Career Fair (Breaker Bay)
    1x Déjà Vu (Core Set) ●●
    3x Inside Job (Core Set)
    3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
    3x HQ Interface (Humanity's Shadow)
    2x Logos (Honor and Profit)

Resource (23)
    3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
    3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
    3x Fan Site (Old Hollywood) ●●●
    3x Gang Sign (The Underway)
    2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
    3x Liberated Chela (The Liberated Mind) ●●●●● ●
    2x Rachel Beckman (First Contact) ●●
    1x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
    1x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)
    2x Tri-maf Contact (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (6)
    2x Cerberus "Rex" H2 (All That Remains)
    1x Corroder (Core Set) ●●
    2x Faerie (Future Proof)
    1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)

Program (1)
    1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
    15 influence spent (max 15) ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
    45 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    @Anzekay after Neaden very courteously waited for me to show up after weeks of delays, I rudely won both games.

• Options
    Dis' wrote: »
    @Anzekay after Neaden very courteously waited for me to show up after weeks of delays, I rudely won both games.

awww :p well, that's how it goes sometimes!

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    @Anzekay have we got all the league results in? I'm likely at a post office this weekend, so would be great to get prizes out to people. :)

• Options
    Oh, looks like the Championship decks are finally coming out.

Better late than never, I guess.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Anzekay have we got all the league results in? I'm likely at a post office this weekend, so would be great to get prizes out to people. :)

just need @Speed Racer and @WeedLordVegeta for all the results

• Options

I imagine they're both illegal now, which is pretty funny.

Took my Kate stealth deck out of mothballs last night and updated it with new sexiness like Freedom Through Equality, some Indexing to leverage that into a win, a Turning Wheel for HQ pressure that saves me a point of influence over Legwork, and some Sports Hoppers instead of Plascrete. It performed OK against a couple of Sync decks, but man is Hard-Hitting News a pain in the neck. The stealth rig doesn't care so much about closed accounts, because it runs on recurring credits, but 12 to clear the tags next turn is brutal, and I ended up floating tags that of course cost me the game when I stole some decent agendas. It was close, though, but I may well need to slot some tag protection because the Sync deck is so good it's likely to be everywhere.

Also, because it's time to relive the good old days of 2015, I put together an RP deck for lols, facing a brutal Val Siphon/Keyhole deck. I killed him with a Philotic when he was on 1 card and got a bit greedy with the siphons, but probably only won because I had five agendas in hand for most of the game and his Keyholes kept turning up blank. The other one beat my rush HB deck I'm hoping will do similar work to the NEH Racecar deck I loved so much. So far it's not as good, which isn't surprising, but hey ho.

Advanced Assembly Lines is so good. Stick one down, gain one, the runner runs it, you rez it, gain two, trash it, install another one, gain one, the runner runs that, you rez it, gain two, trash it, etc. Glorious hedge fund money on their turn that denies them successful runs.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Bogart wrote: »

I imagine they're both illegal now, which is pretty funny.

They were illegal with the first version of the MWL!

I'm still going to recommend the Corp deck as an amazing buy for newer players though - its a strong and straightforward deck to get some starting games in, and you get Jackson, NAPDs and two Caprices and Foods without having to get those datapacks!

The runner deck I don't think has quite the same universal value as a starter, especially as its a denial combo deck, though combined with one core it'll let a new player complete a playset of siphons and pick up same old thing and daily casts.
    Advanced Assembly Lines is so good. Stick one down, gain one, the runner runs it, you rez it, gain two, trash it, install another one, gain one, the runner runs that, you rez it, gain two, trash it, etc. Glorious hedge fund money on their turn that denies them successful runs.

? You can't deny runs with Assembly lines because you can't use the trash during a run

Dis' on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    IIT I learn that I cheated yesterday and managed to ignore the last line on the card.

Bogart on
  • Options
    this is like the time I had to give myself a game loss at a league night because I misread Mumbad Construction Co and thought you could use it on any agenda

no, it's on faceup ones >_>

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I tried playing Lawyer Up as a not-double. These things happen. *shrug*

• Options
    Maybe Networking as a 1 of, or New Angeles City Hall. Hmmm.

• Options
    Maybe Networking as a 1 of, or New Angeles City Hall. Hmmm.

I'm preferring NACH against Hard Hitting News because paying 8c without spending clicks is pretty sweet. Not sure if its as good if you don't also have film critics though.

• Options
    NACH doesnt work for that new yellow id

it seems really taxing - i guess i could slot some link to tech against it :(

sig.gif
  • Options
    NACH doesnt work for that new yellow id

Yes, but you know when you're getting a tag from the ability, so its more a tax than something out of nowhere. Trace 4 is tough to beat with link, even with 3 link pieces its still the gagarin ability,...and then they go and fetch Primary Transmission Dish.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I mean, if you have 8 to avoid tags, you probably have enough to just beat the trace, right? It's nice to have that option, though.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I've just replaced all my plascretes with NACH, I'm already running Film Critic to stop all the bullshit that counters. Have a GNK tonight so I'll give it a try and see how that goes, my meta is heavy on murder typically.

Lanlaorn on