As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic launching the 13th of August!

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited August 2019 in Games and Technology

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Beta keys have gone out for those who signed up. The download is about 12 gigabytes. The beta will open at noon EST on Monday and close at noon EST on Wednesday.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Details, please, if yah gote'm!

• Options
    That's pretty much it. Most people aren't gonna be playing til Monday.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    beta will open at noon EST on Monday

... I kinda missed that part. :D

• Options
    Alright let's give this a try!

Alright let's download another nine gigs of data!

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Aww I didn't get a beta key, I'm 100% sure I signed up! Maybe I'll get one from preordering soon though.

• Options
    The game's alright so far! I dunno if I'm gonna buy it but it's very much a mix of L4D and Dragon Age's multiplayer. You gain XP which unlocks stuff back at your inn. You also acquire new gear randomly and can scrap five items to get a new one.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Decapitate some ratmen on my behalf, please.

vamen on
  • Options
    After a third game a bit of the bad: If you join a game in progress you're trapped in a room waiting for release just like in L4D. Unlike L4D you can't switch views to any other characters and instead can only stare straight ahead from your position. I spent about five minutes doing this. It was long enough a skaven wandered in and I named him Steve. I cried when he was killed.

It's also annoyingly dark at times. I'm sure it's meant to be part of the challenge but I honestly just don't care for it. And if there's a friendly fire mode I guarantee anyone playing the dwarf will die five minutes in since he's routinely mistaken for skaven.

• Options
    The dwarf did seem like an odd choice since - in the videos I've seen - he was REALLY hard to tell apart from Skaven.
    The box thing sounds like a bummer...odd they won't just drop you in though I guess that's to keep people from feeling disoriented, perhaps? It'd be nice if they gave you something to do in the box at least.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    L4D solves that just fine where you jump into a bot and take over. You get a prompt for when you want to take over so you don't load the game and end up running off a cliff because you didn't have time to get your bearings.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Picked this up on GMG. With discount and voucher (GMGMID-SEASON-25PERC) was $20.25.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Beta client is available on Steam now.

edit: or not, it's just a 260 meg chunk of... something.

Echo on
  • Options
    ...the Steam folder has a text file called some_bytes.txt and the .NET installer stuff.

File contents:
    these are not the bytes you're looking for

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I got this. I greatly enjoy coop shooters, and can appreciate the sillyness of the Warhammer universe. Hit me up on steam when this gets rollin'

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been itching for a good co-op shooter, and everything I've seen from streams and videos seems really good.

And it's been six damn years since L4D2.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    A dev posted about an hour ago on the Steam forums that they're still working on getting the Beta ready. So soon.....iiiiiiish?

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    A few different places indicate this will be coming to consoles but there is no mention of them on the official site and the announcement of the 10/23 release date for PC also doesn't bring up consoles. Any word as to whether they are still planned or when they might materialize?

• Options
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/235540/discussions/1/483367798503110810/
    ===PRE-ORDER BETA INFO===
    Heroes!

Those of you who have pre-ordered Vermintide should now see the application in your Steam library. The game will be made available for download at 18:00 UTC on October 16th.

Collector's Edition content will be made available on launch, October 23rd.

1PM EST for the lazies

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    11.9gb is downloading now....

• Options
    Gonna kill some rats, gonna kill some rats, nobody tell PETA 'cause I'm gonna kill some rats~

• Options
    And it's launched!

• Options
    I am downloading as we speak! Thank goodness for remote install (which I only just learned was possible). Otherwise I'd not have gotten a chance to check it out until Sunday.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    So can the Dwarf put on a tall hat or a backpack with a flag pole on one end so his mates can decide whether they actually want to shoot him in particular rather than just doing so on account of him being shaped like a rat?

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    It's been my experience that I've fired at the Waywatcher more often than not. Hunched over stance, two daggers, fur (coat) on the back. yyyeaaaahhhh you're not helping your teammates looking like that.

• Options
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Anyone wanna join us playing this game? We need new friends to make groups with

• Options
    I'm on steam now throw me an invite steamID is SanderJK

• Options
    Same here! My steamid is vamenn

• Options
    This game is pretty tense. I'm sure it'll get trivialized in the future when people know exactly where to look for loot and move way quicker otherwise, but the maps are long and uncheckpointed right now, and bad spawns or mistakes can cost you.

The biggest surprise is the HP on all specials. You often have to hit them 3-5 times to break their attacks.

At the moment weapons with a large horizontal swing seem way preferable, and the wizard in general seems quite powerful.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I really dig the first bit I played. I did dwarf round and two Witch Hunter rounds. ALMOST won the first round, nowhere close the second, won the third.

Sadly my first people experience was at the end of round one, we had to get to the elevator..everyone was dead but me. I was trying to get to them to res, right when the objective changed to run. Then I died and some guy flipped out on me that I didn't make it. First game man, chill ooooout.

The rest was fun though =).
    I really enjoyed the pierce move with the Witch Hunter. You have to be precise, but you can do it back to back and it's super satisfying to stab several armored rats in the face right in a row.

Sadly I'm headed out and won't be back til Sunday. Hopefully more fun to be had then!

vamen on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    People really need to learn to protect the bright wizard, when using the fireball or conflagration staff you can clear mobs really fast if you can be left alone. The bolt staff seems pretty bad, it turns your primary attack from a one hit ko to a 3 hit on most rats.

I am having a hard time getting any kind of pickups, everyone else always seems to be grabbing every single one as soon as they are found, since I am usually busy being rear guard and point at the same time.

Also, rear guards are important people, they always throw rats at you from behind.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    So, I HIGHLY recommend setting "Player Outlines" to "Always On"; it's pretty much necessary as the player models are indistinguishable from the skaven. Some of them, anyway. The setting is under "Gameplay Options."

Skyandpie and I are playing right now and are on Vent; we could use one or two more if anyone's interested.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Useful bright wizard info;

You don't take any damage from overheating until you max the bar out and explode.
    If you try to vent your heat when its past the first bar indicator, you will take damage every ~second until venting under that bar.
    It only naturally decays while the staff is out.

Taking a shot or two, then venting seems the best bet in most situations. When shit hits the fan then considering throwing charged shots out. So far the bolt staff seems the worst, then conflag, with fireball being the most useful.

Conflag can be handy when you want to get a good AoE off, since it is a flamestrike and originates from the ground.
    Fireball is good for picking off groups of skaven as they climb down a wall (it's really good at the horn encounter).
    Bolt in theory seems good for...rat ogres? It generates a lot of heat though, and doesn't seem to do noticeably more damage.

• Options
    Rare Bright Wizard flame sword, perfect rolls for +10% chance to regen 5% health and 15% chance to insta-kill any target human-sized or smaller. Charged swing applies Burn.

• Options
    Morkath wrote: »
    Useful bright wizard info;

You don't take any damage from overheating until you max the bar out and explode.
    If you try to vent your heat when its past the first bar indicator, you will take damage every ~second until venting under that bar.
    It only naturally decays while the staff is out.

Taking a shot or two, then venting seems the best bet in most situations. When shit hits the fan then considering throwing charged shots out. So far the bolt staff seems the worst, then conflag, with fireball being the most useful.

Conflag can be handy when you want to get a good AoE off, since it is a flamestrike and originates from the ground.
    Fireball is good for picking off groups of skaven as they climb down a wall (it's really good at the horn encounter).
    Bolt in theory seems good for...rat ogres? It generates a lot of heat though, and doesn't seem to do noticeably more damage.

Bolt will come just shy of one-shotting ratling gunners and globadiers. It also does fairly significant damage to Rat Ogres as well, but what you really want to use for those is the beam staff, which applies burn very rapidly. Since burn dots seem to stack(up to a point? not sure if there's a limit), it really melts the hell out of the Rat Ogre.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Anyone get anything interesting loot wise yet? I've yet to get anything green or blue thanks to RNGeezus treating these dice like it's D3 still but I did get one white with a fun effect. A something true shot longbow for the Waywatcher. Same stats as the regular longbow including the piercing ability, 25 or 30 arrows instead of the 45 or whatever of the longbow, but it magically seeks out a target. If you fully draw the arrow with alternate fire the target even lights up red no matter how far away and can take things out around walls, seemed about 50/50 depending on how much it had to curve. Even got a few through walls but that's probably a glitch rather than an intended effect since it rarely happened. Every now and then it even misses the target, so it just spins around them in a circle until the target drops. Sometimes it seeks out another target if one's available, sometimes it doesn't. Watching it take out the highlighted target from far away then zip back and take out a rat about to melee you is pretty cool when it does everything it can do flawlessly.

Everything else is just a basic white alternate weapon, but one of the bright wizard staves has a cool primary fire effect. The staff with the dart secondary instead of the fireball or AoE ground targeted explosion spell let's you fire your primary as fast as the witch hunter dual fires his akimbo pistols.

Since we only have three maps until launch, and I've explored them all well enough for now, I started farming the short level in the sewers to amass gear. You can steam roll it fast and easy with the bots. If you get too far a head of them they just snap right to ya so they always catch up. With how bad groups have been for me all day being boringly efficient has also been the most fun I've had outside of two good groups that fell apart after a map or two.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    In the beta i had a blue sword for the wizard that gave frenzy (chance to increase atk speed) and chance to vent on hit. It was glorious.

Are they resetting progress made now when the game launches? (NVM scrolled up to the tweet. Might pick the game up if there are more positive feedback)

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights