As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo 3DS] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I've been saying for a while now that if I could get a regular New 3DS for a non-stupid price, I'd jump on it, and I found a Mario edition in a Walmart that made me put the proverbial money where the proverbial mouth was. Fortunately the SD card in my XL is already a microSD in an adapter, so that should make transferring easier? I'm most worried about losing my Mii plaza as it's basically a record of every vacation I've taken in the last few years. And I finally have all the dang puzzle pieces. :)

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I am totally putting "Creative Fellow" on my business cards.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I've been saying for a while now that if I could get a regular New 3DS for a non-stupid price, I'd jump on it, and I found a Mario edition in a Walmart that made me put the proverbial money where the proverbial mouth was. Fortunately the SD card in my XL is already a microSD in an adapter, so that should make transferring easier? I'm most worried about losing my Mii plaza as it's basically a record of every vacation I've taken in the last few years. And I finally have all the dang puzzle pieces. :)

Yes.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Data copied to the micro SD, micro SD in current 3DS. Now we play the waiting game... I basically completed the longest part of the transfer today right? Also, here's a probably inportant question: how do I start a system transfer?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Data copied to the micro SD, micro SD in current 3DS. Now we play the waiting game... I basically completed the longest part of the transfer today right? Also, here's a probably inportant question: how do I start a system transfer?

it's in the system settings. It'll walk you through the whole process.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Man, im excited!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Oh crud, I just realized that the free game is installed on the SD card already in the new 3ds. I'm halfway to calling Nintendo and saying haaaaaaalp.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Oh crud, I just realized that the free game is installed on the SD card already in the new 3ds. I'm halfway to calling Nintendo and saying haaaaaaalp.

Did you buy a new system with an installed game and then did the transfer to that new system? You should be able to just go into the store and download it again.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    From what I recall, as long as you don't set up a NNID on the new system before transferring your old system to it, the licenses for any preinstalled games should transfer to the old account. The game on the card will get wiped but should be able to redownload it for free once you're done.

• Options
    So post-mortem for anyone morbidly curious:

System transfer went smoothly until I put in the MicroSD card from the old 3DSXL. For whatever reason, the new 3DS wouldn't recognize it and I had to copy data to a different MicroSD before it would acknowledge my stuff.

Not the greatest of feelings when the old system has happily formatted itself and I'm staring at a screen on the new system telling me that no MicroSD is inserted when it very much is, but at least a happy ending. And yes, I was able to redownload the bundle software so all is well there :)

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Checked out Steel Diver: Sub Wars today and suddenly it is extremely clear where the Federation Force gameplay model came from.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Galaxy n3DS transfer complete! The console is super pretty, and that new stable 3D stuff is amazing. Transfer process went off mostly without a hitch... except I didn't know I'd need a tiny screwdriver to take the back plate off to get to the memory card slot. And I forgot my NNID password... And the email the temp password was sent to was one I no longer had access too...! But Nintendo support was super helpful(Thank you Madison, I gave you a glowing review!) and got everything sorted out. Did the transfer, and then had a heart attack after the n3DS rebooted and was stuck on a loading screen. Turned it off and popped the SD card in, turned it back on, and it worked fine. Phew!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Good news for anyone who's been away from their Animal Crossing New Leaf town and want to get back in with the new update

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    That's amazing

• Options
    Yeah, but will they still hate me for not being around for over a year?

• Options
    Pocket Card Jockey is so dang good! Perfect little game for unwinding before bed.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    I've only played the demo, but
    A- the demo was like three hours of gameplay
    B- the dialogue is ridiculous

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I play animal crossing before bed
    I had to take a break from pocket card jockey as I was getting annoyed with the never ending circle of get a horse level it run againist far better horses retire and start at step one

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I play animal crossing before bed
    I had to take a break from pocket card jockey as I was getting annoyed with the never ending circle of get a horse level it run againist far better horses retire and start at step one

Yeah I guess I'm not good enough at it but there was never a feeling that my horses were getting any better even when I clearly was. It was a blast for the price you pay though - if they ever patched in an EZ mode I'd be playing more of it.

• Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Eee Zed mode happens when you've completed all the puzzles. After that, your horses can level properly and it's not too long before you can come first in every race.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I picked up the smaller n3DS that comes with Mario 3D Land and its a delight. Like my New XL was a very nice system but I don't get hand cramps any more and less weight in my purse is nice, too.
    e: it's only a few grams difference maybe but I've been hauling around a camera bag full of stuff on my shoulder since high school so I'm sensitive to the changes. (Going from a Discman to an MP3 player the size of a lighter was a godsend. So was the GBA SP. No more hoarding batteries!)

YggiDee on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Steel empire is a hell of a game

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Playing through the latest Ace Attorney makes me wish they could finally bring over Edgeworth's second game.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Pocket Card Jockey is starting to feel like I can't win no matter what I do... Maybe it's set up so that you have to start breeding super horses? I dunno. My first horse had to retire with three growth mode wins, and only one mature mode win. Second horse, I just could not win with. Ended up getting fired. Third horse was about the same as the first. Now this fourth one is a bit of a beast, despite his slow speed rating. He's got a ton of stamina. Lost a couple growth mode races, but then won 4 straight and then won the G1 championship race thing. I've won a few mature mode races, but the solitaire keeps fucking me over. And the other horses keep knocking me around making me lose all my stamina... frustrating!

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I think I'm gonna try to trade my blue old 3DS xl for a small old 3DS. Then I'll have a n3DS XL and a small 3DS.
    also, think I'm gonna buy a new upper screen for my DSLite and learn soldering so I can fix it. The huge strip of black dead pixels is "playable", but so damn ugly.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2016
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Pocket Card Jockey is starting to feel like I can't win no matter what I do... Maybe it's set up so that you have to start breeding super horses? I dunno. My first horse had to retire with three growth mode wins, and only one mature mode win. Second horse, I just could not win with. Ended up getting fired. Third horse was about the same as the first. Now this fourth one is a bit of a beast, despite his slow speed rating. He's got a ton of stamina. Lost a couple growth mode races, but then won 4 straight and then won the G1 championship race thing. I've won a few mature mode races, but the solitaire keeps fucking me over. And the other horses keep knocking me around making me lose all my stamina... frustrating!

Yeah. It takes a bit of grinding to get you to the point to be able to win almost all of the races, but the game itself is fun and quick to play, so it never really bothered me.

Then again, I have...77 hours logged into it. 77 awesome hours...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's frustrating... but it doesn't make me want to stop playing. Like, one of my wins with my current horse was going from last place to first in the homestretch, so that was cool. I just wish that placing 2nd or 3rd didn't count towards your three strikes.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    A few things- first, don't worry too much about having Good Horses until you finish the little vending machine puzzles, each one you finish gives you bonus stat growth for your horses, or store discounts, or makes your horse better in the final stretch.
    Also, have you been racing all the 'fancy' horses? Every time an owner requests that you race a horse, you need to win it a G1 race in Growth Mode to unlock the next fancy horse. You need this if only because later fancy horses have important shit like Devil's Hand and Fast Start. If you get a horse with both of those you're set for life.
    Also: for the race start, it doesn't really matter how much energy the card is worth. All that matters is that you start as quickly as possible, because that decides where you start in the comfort zone.

I can guarantee my advice is good on the grounds that I have won everything but the King's Gate.

edit: also in mature mode they make you retire once your horse is, like, seven. Nobody gets to run forever.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    Ive only ever had an owner request that I stop losing... :P

• Options
    Here, just take one of mine and stud him out a few times

7hxwokD.jpg

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    ... there are robot horses? Looks like I found what I'm playing after I give up on MHGen.

• Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    YggiDee wrote: »
    A few things- first, don't worry too much about having Good Horses until you finish the little vending machine puzzles, each one you finish gives you bonus stat growth for your horses, or store discounts, or makes your horse better in the final stretch.
    Also, have you been racing all the 'fancy' horses? Every time an owner requests that you race a horse, you need to win it a G1 race in Growth Mode to unlock the next fancy horse. You need this if only because later fancy horses have important shit like Devil's Hand and Fast Start. If you get a horse with both of those you're set for life.
    Also: for the race start, it doesn't really matter how much energy the card is worth. All that matters is that you start as quickly as possible, because that decides where you start in the comfort zone.

I can guarantee my advice is good on the grounds that I have won everything but the King's Gate.

edit: also in mature mode they make you retire once your horse is, like, seven. Nobody gets to run forever.

I can double-guarantee this advice because I have won all the races.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Are they going to be any different 2ds bundles this season than the Mario cart ones?

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Maz- wrote: »

Now bring that 3DS One Piece fighting game over...
    EDIT: If only for this one reason...
    The game will be patched in November 2016 to allow local and online cross-play with Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden, allowing users of one game to battle users of the other.

Does that mean Extreme Butoden will be updated to give us online multiplayer?

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

It already was! Couple months ago.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »

It already was! Couple months ago.

Is it fairly smooth playing online? It was literally the only thing holding me back from buying the fighty game. No way would I run into someone IRL with the dang game.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    honestly i have no idea. the lack of online is what stopped me from getting it originally, and when the patch came out I just watched some youtube videos of people playing.

it seemed like it was good, but you can't really tell without hands-on.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
This discussion has been closed.