As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Are the new Star Wars lego tie ins with Rogue One?
    I have been avoiding all hype and all news about the Star Wars for various reasons

There was a leak with Rogue One sets but the sets coming out now are based on the existing movies, Rebels, and the Lego Freemaker Adventures cartoon.

None of the new sets at work are things I recognize as from the movies or Rebels
    One of the sets has Dengar in it with a black and red ship
    So I guess it's from the Lego cartoon?

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    None of the new sets at work are things I recognize as from the movies or Rebels

Yeah. Lego Star Wars the Freemaker Adventures. Starts on Disney XD later this month. Three new characters are like junk scrappers or something. The cartoon looks similar in tone to stuff like Lego Droid Tales and Yoda Chronicles.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Are the new Star Wars lego tie ins with Rogue One?
    I have been avoiding all hype and all news about the Star Wars for various reasons

There was a leak with Rogue One sets but the sets coming out now are based on the existing movies, Rebels, and the Lego Freemaker Adventures cartoon.

That's a pretty neat set. I'm happy I bought it. And I finally got a Dengar!

oh h*ck
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I put together the Star Wars Carbonite Chamber set, and there's a bit that makes no sense to me. One of the segments has a movable piece that gets rotated up/down with a twist of a knob, but that piece doesn't appear to have any function whatsoever. It doesn't block anything, there's no hidden space behind it, it doesn't let you move something more or less than before... What was the point of it beyond added complexity?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    You mean the torture table?

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    The Apollo 11 ideas also just put up instructions for a Nano build that looks wonderful.

Do you have a link to this? I'm not very good at the lego website and I'd love to see it.

I'm a huge Apollo nerd so that might be enough for me to try and make something that wasn't made officially by LEGO.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Here is the update that posted pics of the nano version. It links to the bricks you need and the instructions.
    https://ideas.lego.com/projects/76841/updates

Comics, Games, Booze
    Hm, I love the design but it seems the instructions were taken down because it's going for lego ideas unless I'm just being stupid.

I can't believe how good that saturn v stack and mlp looks at nano scale.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    It looks like they might have pulled the nano instructions too. Odd since that isn't part of the submitted ideas project. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Comics, Games, Booze
    It looks like they might have pulled the nano instructions too. Odd since that isn't part of the submitted ideas project. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Haha no problem, it's still cool to see it. I think they submitted a new ideas project with the nano set which is why they took down the instructions. I wonder if they thought the full size version wouldn't get picked up due to it's hugeness so decided to submit the nano scale version as well.

Maybe they'll put the nano stuff back up eventually now that the big one is go for launch :)

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    No one posted the Lego Dimensions packs up for pre-order? They're pretty rad.

Ghostbusters Story Pack: Abby Yates (the one played by Melissa McCarthy), Ecto-1 and a new Zhu's Chinese Restaurant backdrop for the portal
    Adventure Time Level Pack: Finn, Jakemobile and Ancient War Elephant
    Adventure Time Team Pack: Jake, Lumpy Space Princess (!!), BMO and Lumpy Car
    Harry Potter Team Pack: Harry Potter, Voldemort, Enchanted Car (the one the Weasleys had) and Hogwarts Express
    Mission Impossible Level Pack: Ethan Hunt, IMF Scrambler and IMF Sports Car
    A-Team Fun Pack: B.A. Baracas and B.A.'s Van (wonderfully, one of the van's alternate builds is called the Fool Smasher)

Comes out Sept. 27. Sadly, Amazon's tendency to let you pre-order Lego Dimensions stuff at sale price seems to have ended.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    My airport battle set shipped and is arriving this Saturday....and I'm already thinking about driving to the mall for Big Ben :(

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for the Spidey sets to come out. I have no idea where I'll make the room, but definitely want the Bridge and Ghost Rider set.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    You can basically make up a Sinister Six team from the new Spidey sets.

Last year's Darkseid Invasion seems to have disappeared. I picked up the last one on the shelf at 1/3 off. The plane is pretty cool, and I think I now have the full Justice League, which is obviously of vital importance.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Woooo! Falcon will be here tomorrow!

oh h*ck
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Preview of a set from Dr. Strange is up at The Brothers Brick.
    http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/06/22/first-look-at-marvels-doctor-strange-lego-sets-news/

Possibly spoilers.
    Possibly not. Lego has lied to us in the past.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I put a bet on Brexit to try and mitigate my dread in the case of a leave vote (it didn't work, so much dread) so I now have £300 burning a hole in my pocket and a licence to spend it entirely on frivolous toys. As such I'm finally treating myself to one of the giant decadent kits I've always lusted after.

Parisian Restaurant (ironic) or Airjitzu Temple? I can't decide.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Buying 1 modular will lead to you wanting more.
    Both sets a beautiful I don't think you'd be disappointed with either of them.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    The modulars come with connections built in so that you can easily add more modulars to them. Those connectors cry out to be filled, eldritch voices of need wafting through the holes between the bricks that coil around your brain and squeeze as if they were smoke solidified. "Buy us... build us... we must be whole"

Or you could just replace the connectors with solid blocks.

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I love my modulars and can't wait to get the bank. I would go for the restaurant.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The modular restaurant is really, really nice. The roof-space interior is disappointingly empty, but everything else is a delight.

Parisian restaurant it is.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    I picked up a green baseplate, fun in the park, and brick linked the fountain. Looks like I'm building a small park. I'm afraid I will have to get a table soon start displaying my town.

Comics, Games, Booze
    OMG this box is huge.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I picked up a green baseplate, fun in the park, and brick linked the fountain. Looks like I'm building a small park. I'm afraid I will have to get a table soon start displaying my town.

Just one table to start.

That's how it happened for me...

Actually, I've not added to my town for about a year - if we get some overtime in the next 4 weeks, I may dedicate a day's pay to increasing my little town.

M-Vickers wrote: »

Just one table to start.

Actually, I've not added to my town for about a year - if we get some overtime in the next 4 weeks, I may dedicate a day's pay to increasing my little town.

Ugh I guess I need a road plate to go in between the modulars and the park. I have to look how to best set that up.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

Just one table to start.

Ugh I guess I need a road plate to go in between the modulars and the park. I have to look how to best set that up.

I have a full length of road plates in front of my modulars. It's one long running battle between all my superheroes, and various monsters and aliens.

I'm also tempted to get,along with a new building, the Avenger set with giant ant man, as he'd look great in front of my town hall.

edited July 2016
    I noticed the road plates have studs on the sides of the actual road. Did you do anything to them? Do you have the modular curb just pressed up against the road plate? I know I'm phrasing that wrong but I'm just looking for the best way to lay it out.

Ken O on
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Got the airport battle, it's a little cheaper on Amazon, and I had a lil gift card for it!

The Quinjet is substantially smaller than last year's, which is great for me - I wanted a compact version to go on top of my Avengers Tower modular!

dNHA0XZl.jpg

The darker colours make it a lot more like a solid model, less open studs and empty space. Very happy with it, tho I could see kids liking the old one more. The bike gimmick was way better than the new one's little undercarriage turret thing. Tempted to rip it out, replace with a plate.

Giant Man is a wonderful build, and the set also includes a microfigure of him too! The little airport tower isn't great. Awkward looking, insubstantial. The baggage box car is wonderful tho, as are all the minifigs. Iron Man and War Machine have great details, and Sharon Carter had the most accurate smirk.

Oh brilliant
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Got the airport battle, it's a little cheaper on Amazon, and I had a lil gift card for it!

The Quinjet is substantially smaller than last year's, which is great for me - I wanted a compact version to go on top of my Avengers Tower modular!

dNHA0XZl.jpg

The darker colours make it a lot more like a solid model, less open studs and empty space. Very happy with it, tho I could see kids liking the old one more. The bike gimmick was way better than the new one's little undercarriage turret thing. Tempted to rip it out, replace with a plate.

Giant Man is a wonderful build, and the set also includes a microfigure of him too! The little airport tower isn't great. Awkward looking, insubstantial. The baggage box car is wonderful tho, as are all the minifigs. Iron Man and War Machine have great details, and Sharon Carter had the most accurate smirk.

And THAT Quinjet was notably smaller than the one for the first Avengers. Continually shrinking Quinjets. By Infinity War Part II, we're going to have the main Quinjet build come as a polybag.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

dNHA0XZl.jpg

And THAT Quinjet was notably smaller than the one for the first Avengers. Continually shrinking Quinjets. By Infinity War Part II, we're going to have the main Quinjet build come as a polybag.

Well, with Pym's shrinking technology...

I like smaller models in general, I guess. Had to miniaturise my Hulkbuster too. Tho, that was more about it being accurate. That official model was waaay too big. ;p

So me and Lady Raven just purchased MOC instructions for a custom Modular building! That's a first for me. We're gonna Bricklink parts for this;

d01930a52afdead2349fcdd0835b45e6.jpg

I was recently working on a gunpla project, custom MG REX, done in MGS4 style. Day I started painting, they announced an official model of it! Now I feel gunshy on custom stuff. This though, feel pretty confident there won't be an official version of something like it popping up anytime soon, and it's so nice and unique looking.

Real excited, hopefully we can part it out for less than $200...

Oh brilliant
  • MuddypawsMuddypaws Lactodorum, UKRegistered User regular
    Where's a good place to get quality MOC instructions? I don't mind paying.

We got it off this site;

https://www.brickcitydepot.com

Cost $12, but it seems to vary depending on how big the set is. They give you access to the stuff on their website, limited downloads type deal, but it was an automatic process so you ain't waiting on some guy to email it you.

You get a very professional style PDF of the instructions, which honestly look better than legit Lego ones - lots of little detail photos to show you exactly what's going on.

Also, crucially, an XML file piece inventory, formatted to Bricklink. Just copy paste it in there, boom, wanted list created. Browse n' buy your parts.

Aaaand a checklist document, so once you start getting your parts you can keep track of what ya need.

I'd say it's worth it, bearing in mind we haven't built it yet. Maybe it'll turn out to be terrible. I was surprised to learn it is not a pair of single buildings, like Pet Shop, but rather an interconnected double building like Detective office. It isn't clear from the pics, but the restaurant is slightly larger than the surf shop, wouldn't work as singles. But yeah, lots of cool designs on there. There's a couple corner pieces I was very tempted by, an old timey hardware store, or a renovated mill coffee shop. ;P

Oh brilliant
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Is that a sushi bar?

Damn I might to build that myself

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Oh jeez, that site. The speakeasy is awfully tempting, but we just ordered the Palace Cinema so I think we're good for a while.

Lookit what me and Lady Raven made!

sfIDQUBl.jpg

YEAH!

We put this one off for a long while. I wasn't excited to do it, to be honest. It's on the lower end of the Modular designs for me. The rear of the roof looks bad, it's a facade, not a solid thing. We got it last year but didn't touch it until now...

But it ended up being the most fun build we've had together. There was enough of a divide between the individual elements like the marquee and the sign and stuff that I could work on while she did the walls n' such. Then she'd just plug in the parts I had built. Actual teamwork! And it looks way better than I was expecting! Lady Raven decided she didn't wanna have a single connected street with corners, but rather a raised pair, so the concern of 'showing off' the back of the roof facade is no longer a problem, all the buildings face forward now. Looks gud.

Interior stuff
    hVHXu6wl.jpg

We got this poster for the Lego Movie from a very nice man at the store. He said it was a promo thing when the set was originally released a few years back, and he had some left over in his locker. Dude hooked us up, so I bricklinked an extra frame and we put it in the lobby <3

rL5ysbBl.jpg

I figured every theater audience needs a bunnyman...

Oh brilliant
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Well this apparently got leaked:

vkg7di9wgsci15w0r7h3.jpg

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Cool, now they need to make Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and the Haunted Mansion sets.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
    I've been looking at that all this weekend. Lots of nice details. There are a number of "stone bricks" on the slopes and cylinders that I'm really interested to see if they printed pieces or stickers. I've no plans on buying that monster, I'm just curious to see.

Comics, Games, Booze
This discussion has been closed.