As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Doc, you made a [Youtube] thread...out of a DeLorean?!

19495969798100»

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    yeah, it's just a really unfortunate preview image, the video is great

I'd forgotten what the channel was so when it showed up in my feed I was a little perturbed

Then I looked at and was like OH RIGHT YEAH this guy's great!

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Lalabox wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I get to post H.Bomberguy's video this time because it fits with my whole theme.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpgBkpb7xlU

God, thunderfoot is such a tool.
    "Measured Response" in the title that also contains "feminazi" , /lizlemon eyeroll
    with a retard counter in the preview image, yep pretty damn sure I can skip the fuck outta this

if you're curious, the guy who does them is mostly taking the piss out of a lot of the anti-feminist and white supremacist youtubers. It's mostly... well, I'd say criticising, but honestly he spend a lot of time just laughing at them and what they do. The preview image is actually from a video from the person he's talking about in this video.

Like, if you don't particularly want to interact with that sort of crowd in general that's cool (his videos used to mess up my recommended videos all the bloody time, filling them with a lot of the gg crowd). But he's kinda doing the opposite to what you think he's doing.

Oh ok will try it when off phone, just ya that hit a lotta nope sensors , but if a good pisstake instead I'm always game

edit: haha 2 mins in and yep, it's definitely become indistinguishable from parody, they have me there :D

edit2: oh lord ya, my recommended is already rough tho

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I'm quite taken by this divebombing skeleton, and the terrible dubstep remixes going around for it:

forumsig.png
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Psykoma wrote: »

0:05 is the exact reason I'm so glad I've been learning American sign language recently.

Nothing more awesome than being able to have a conversation through a mirror.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know American sign language
    There was a deaf guy I used to work with whom was a jerk when I started at the hell know to men
    One day he is telling people off in sign, then tells me off to which I signed back fuck off
    I never saw someone turn so mad and so red quick and the funny thing he could not tell anyone as they would then know what he was saying most of the time to people

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Another incentive (beyond being able to talk to hearing impaired people) I've heard for people to learn ASL is being able to communicate across a room/in a loud room at a party or some such place.
    Or talking during a movie.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I learned it for those reasons
    I learned it because my girlfriend of the time made fun I was a master of non verbal communication
    I learned it because I wanted to
    Really when I get bored I go and learn things or do other things like how I learned Origami as paper is everywhere and other things fold like MRE bags

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I learned it for those reasons
    I learned it because my girlfriend of the time made fun I was a master of non verbal communication
    I learned it because I wanted to
    Really when I get bored I go and learn things or do other things like how I learned Origami as paper is everywhere and other things fold like MRE bags

The fact you have to mention this makes me think you've tried it before...?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Whenever I see someone doing a live translation of a speech into sign language I wonder how the hell they can possibly be keeping up with the speaker.

It just seems like sign language would be inherently much slower and eventually the translator would be left behind.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Whenever I see someone doing a live translation of a speech into sign language I wonder how the hell they can possibly be keeping up with the speaker.

It just seems like sign language would be inherently much slower and eventually the translator would be left behind.

I believe and someone correct me if I'm wrong. Sign language to an extent is like stenography, there are short hand ways of communicating words and phrases that don't spell out those exact words and phrases.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    It's just too bad that ASL is only useful in America. I learned a fair bit of it growing up and was quite surprised that I couldn't use it in Japan, apparently most languages have their own sign language too!

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I had a period where I was way too into the TNG edits.
    "Pic Art" in particular cracked me up, and there's a pretty good followup to that recurring theme in the new ones.
    https://youtu.be/FtCL4Zs0oCQ

I also still really like this unrelated (apart from TNG) The Worf of Starfleet video
    https://youtu.be/E_sUtXAl24o

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Preacher wrote: »

I believe and someone correct me if I'm wrong. Sign language to an extent is like stenography, there are short hand ways of communicating words and phrases that don't spell out those exact words and phrases.

Yeah, since it's not meant to be just "English in sign" it actually has a totally different method of grammar, much of which is based on context. So for example, in English you might say, "Look at that car!" in sign language would simply be, "Car, there!" (With "there", being a finger pointed in the direction.) Another example would be dropping pronouns when it's in context, so instead of saying, "I am hungry", you'd simply say "hungry."

In fact, come to think of it, there is no use for the verb "To Be" in sign language in general. It's almost always implied as far as I know, but then again I'm still a beginner at it.

EDIT: OF course that makes me wonder how a sign language actor would perform Hamlet's famous monologue...

DisruptedCapitalist on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Yeah, since it's not meant to be just "English in sign" it actually has a totally different method of grammar, much of which is based on context. So for example, in English you might say, "Look at that car!" in sign language would simply be, "Car, there!" (With "there", being a finger pointed in the direction.) Another example would be dropping pronouns when it's in context, so instead of saying, "I am hungry", you'd simply say "hungry."

In fact, come to think of it, there is no use for the verb "To Be" in sign language in general. It's almost always implied as far as I know, but then again I'm still a beginner at it.

EDIT: OF course that makes me wonder how a sign language actor would perform Hamlet's famous monologue...

Doing the jerk off motion? Oh sorry that's what you do in the audience during the monologue...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Garick wrote: »
    It's just too bad that ASL is only useful in America. I learned a fair bit of it growing up and was quite surprised that I couldn't use it in Japan, apparently most languages have their own sign language too!

Yes but I'm told it's very easy for someone why knows ASL to pick up another form of sign language. Much easier than it would be for me to learn Japanese.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Another incentive (beyond being able to talk to hearing impaired people) I've heard for people to learn ASL is being able to communicate across a room/in a loud room at a party or some such place.
    Or talking during a movie.

Another cool thing to do that I plan to do when I get my own class to teach is to teach students signs for things like needing to use the restroom so they can signal that and you can signal back permission so that exchange can happen without breaking up the flow of the class.

Neat little things like that.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

Doing the jerk off motion? Oh sorry that's what you do in the audience during the monologue...

http://youtu.be/SFgEGmAbJew

• Options
    Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    Found a one handed SNES controller so I made a video on it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSKfzTXL2Zw

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »

http://youtu.be/SFgEGmAbJew

Fun tidbit: Masturbate and Jizz are the same sign, because of course, it's all a matter of context. Jizz everywhere! I mean... it's not like you're going to masturbate everywhere.

...right?

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I found it informative but stopped watching after your jerking it joke.

Falls pretty flat

Bendery It Like Beckham on
This discussion has been closed.