As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Please tell us when the Magic Panel is

Specter404Specter404 Registered User new member
WOTC and by proxy Magic the Gathering is listed as a major sponsor for PAX, so I find it hard to believe they don't have a panel. However I can't find it anywhere, and with pax just a couple days away I'm becoming rather concerned.

The magic panel is a huge part of why I want to come to PAX, and I have only bought passes for Sat and Sun. If the panel gets announced for the Friday, without enough time to secure a pass I'm going to be eternally annoyed. Has anyone seen any information indicating that a Magic Panel will be taking place and when?

• Options
    SpiceSpice Content Sponge Registered User regular
    If it's not on the schedule I'd guess there isn't a panel.
    Doubt there are surprise announcements this close to the event.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's rare that a panel would be announced totally out of the blue that late to PAX. That's not saying it can't happen, but usually there would at least be a placeholder of some sort in the schedule. I guess we'll find out once PAX starts if that's the case?

• Options
    Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I think they just do the large magic learn to play and booth area near table top, so lots of wotc staff to chat to and play with, but they have not done a formal panel that I am aware of. If you just want to play, it's great, if you want super special announcement or WOTC celebrity panels, they don't do that at PAXAUS, or haven't so far.

• Options
    KramburgerKramburger Registered User regular
    Squire_Pug wrote: »
    I think they just do the large magic learn to play and booth area near table top, so lots of wotc staff to chat to and play with, but they have not done a formal panel that I am aware of. If you just want to play, it's great, if you want super special announcement or WOTC celebrity panels, they don't do that at PAXAUS, or haven't so far.

They did panels at the last two, previewing upcoming set/cards, etc. Nothing on the scale of things they've done at other PAXs but still...

• Options
    Specter404Specter404 Registered User new member
    Having attending both previous panels at Pax Aus 2013 and 2014, I think you need to recheck your info there Squire. Sadly it seems no panel this time.