As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Girl Is an Excellent TV Show Now - Current Episode Spoilers Inside

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    What the fuck is wrong with the sister character?
    Her potential informant wants a couple hundred dollars for a tip to find someone trying to assassinate the fucking president and whose currently holding someone hostage. JUST GIVE HIM THE MONEY! A couple hundred dollars is nothing for her department. She could have made a valuable contact, one that would be able to help her for years to come.

Instead she beat him up.

Out of spite.

Because she expects him to do the right thing or whatever, and if he doesn't live up to her standards she gets to slap him around as much as she wants.

And this is an episode about America accepting aliens and them being people too.

I'm thinking it's suppose to be more of an "Alex Danvers is at least as badass as her sister" moment than anything else.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i thought they were setting up alex with the detective

then they didnt

but im still waiting who they pair her up with, im thinking the dark horse here is lena luthor

obF2Wuw.png
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    i thought they were setting up alex with the detective

then they didnt

but im still waiting who they pair her up with, im thinking the dark horse here is lena luthor

Detective/Alex definitely had some eyefucking near the end there. I wouldn't rule it out.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Editing/rewriting is fine. They buy your article / pay you for your article and then do what they want with it. Every time I've submitted a written piece it's been edited for clarity, grammar, etc..

camo_sig2.png
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Her potential informant wants a couple hundred dollars for a tip to find someone trying to assassinate the fucking president and whose currently holding someone hostage. JUST GIVE HIM THE MONEY! A couple hundred dollars is nothing for her department. She could have made a valuable contact, one that would be able to help her for years to come.

Instead she beat him up.

Out of spite.

Because she expects him to do the right thing or whatever, and if he doesn't live up to her standards she gets to slap him around as much as she wants.

And this is an episode about America accepting aliens and them being people too.

I'm thinking it's suppose to be more of an "Alex Danvers is at least as badass as her sister" moment than anything else.

I was wondering if it was "Alex Danvers has an alien prejudice." She and J'onn did seem to be the opposition to the theme of the episode.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

Instead she beat him up.

Out of spite.

I was wondering if it was "Alex Danvers has an alien prejudice." She and J'onn did seem to be the opposition to the theme of the episode.

Considering it seems like aliens have done nothing but disrupt her life, it wouldn't surprise me.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Who cares? This episode has Lynda Carter in a pantsuit!!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Lynda Carter was the weakest part of the episode.
    I'm not saying that was a bad thing. If Lynda Carter is the worst part of an episode, you've got a pretty good thing going.
    I wouldn't have minded a few moments (or any moments at all) acknowledging the secret service fatalities, though.
    I'm not asking for an angst-trip, but Supergirl could at least have apologised for not being fast enough to save them or something.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    The actor playing Mon-El played a great sociopath on Vampire Diaries. It's going to be weird seeing him playing a good guy.

I spent like half the episode trying to figure out why he looked familiar, when I finally gave up and IMDb'd it I was like "Oh shit....".

Also,
    why did Kara think heat vision was the answer while fighting someone whose power is fire?

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    The actor playing Mon-El played a great sociopath on Vampire Diaries. It's going to be weird seeing him playing a good guy.

I spent like half the episode trying to figure out why he looked familiar, when I finally gave up and IMDb'd it I was like "Oh shit....".

Also,
    why did Kara think heat vision was the answer while fighting someone whose power is fire?

If only there was a saying about fighting one thing with another example of the same thing...

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

Also,
    It's not unusual in comic logic. When dealing with Electrical Powered People, you normally hit them with electricity until they burn out. Fire people sometimes have the same deal. It's a risk because doing so makes them more powerful until they finally burn out, but it's a thing.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Nevermind. Misunderstood.

LostNinja on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So was this supposed to be Volcana from STAS?

Her logic was um flawed at best. She'd be about as registered as every other american.

Lenas scanner is definitely not legal. Private companies and individuals cant force people to consent to a frikkin bio scan.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Yeah, the logic of this whole thing is really bad. It's like nobody has ever read a history book once in their life.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

Her logic was um flawed at best. She'd be about as registered as every other american.

Lenas scanner is definitely not legal. Private companies and individuals cant force people to consent to a frikkin bio scan.

The president can't add classes to protected status with an executive order, so what is there to stop a bar from putting a scanner at the door and saying "you have to scan green to come in"

• mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Yeah, the logic of this whole thing is really bad. It's like nobody has ever read a history book once in their life.

Oh no, people not realizing or not caring that what they're doing is the same as something terrible that was done in the past is completely believable. People can always find a way to rationalize why what they're doing is different and right and necessary.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Delmain wrote: »

The president can't add classes to protected status with an executive order, so what is there to stop a bar from putting a scanner at the door and saying "you have to scan green to come in"

Might not protect against denial of service, but I'm pretty sure a good lawyer could argue that you can't force someone to take some kind of genetic scanner test if they want to keep their job.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    Delmain wrote: »

Its a violation of basic privacy rights as a citizen though.

I mean sure Indiana might pass BS religous freedom laws but in real states that wont fly

Also, for someone trying to change the image of her family's company, Lena Luthor is doing a banging job of following Lex's footsteps. We don't know what sick crimes Lex did, but shit like this Alien Scanner sounds like she's just following his footsteps.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    This whole "Aliens v. Humans" storyline they seem to be pushing would have been perfect for Max Lord.

sig.gif
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    This whole "Aliens v. Humans" storyline they seem to be pushing would have been perfect for Max Lord.

They can team up next time.

If you aren't following Kevin Smith on Facebook, you are missing it. He is on set filming Supergirl and did a Facebook Live video of him showing off the new DEO set and the Fortress of Solitude.

His Facebook Newfeed.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    So anyone else suspect that Kara inadverdently just showed Lena Luthor she's an alien. Like Kara assumes green means not an alien because she assumed Luthor isn't one, but she is an adopted luthor not one by birth and so she could be anything and green could mean alien.

I'll be the voice of dissent and say I'm glad Jimmy and Kara broke up as that romance felt forced as fuck and James bothers me as a character.

Wynn's new job finally lines up with what he actually does, so that's nice as well.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    James first day as a boss and his interactions with snapper were pretty bad and made him seem more unlikeable I think. Before that he was mostly bland.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Finally caught up in time for tonight's ep. Really enjoying this show, definitely on a better trajectory than The Flash. I hoping it keeps that optimism and joy.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Finally caught up in time for tonight's ep. Really enjoying this show, definitely on a better trajectory than The Flash. I hoping it keeps that optimism and joy.

Remember how Flash season 2 started?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Remember how Flash season 2 started?
    ...no. Iris-related blackouts.

But then that means you forgot Patty!

Don't worry, the writers did too.

sig.gif
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I am Barry Allen an accident turned me into the fastest man alive *evil speedster shows up* shit not again.

steam_sig.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ok they going in on alex and the detective

its gonna happen

but maybe lena and supergirl will happen first...

obF2Wuw.png
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Holy shit, it's
    Sierra! Looking good, too.

ok they going in on alex and the detective

its gonna happen

but maybe lena and supergirl will happen first...

Alex is thirsty as hell. Like I usualy miss subtext but hell.

Yeah, the previous episode I was on the "Man, Alex just needs a goddamned friend" train. This week? Girl wants to get laid and bad.

sig.gif
    Sorce wrote: »
    Yeah, the previous episode I was on the "Man, Alex just needs a goddamned friend" train. This week? Girl wants to get laid and bad.

She's probably waiting for the arrow crossover.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Maybe Legends of Tomorrow will pop in and Sara can romance a non-historical figure lady for a change.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    Honestly the biggest bit of whiplash for this season from last is how bad the DEO was at doing their jobs. Like last season they seemed to be dealing with rando aliens who just happened to pick national city, but apparently aliens live there and exist there all the time and the DEO had no fucking clue.

Its one thing I hated about how Sawyer was introduced, she had to clown on Alex and crew so we think she's so whizbang and that bugs.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I feel like they stole a JLU plot had the roulette idea first and then worked back
    ards so aliens were more common

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I feel like they stole a JLU plot had the roulette idea first and then worked back
    ards so aliens were more common

I think JLU did it better. But then, they didn't have to work around the "Hey, Meta humans and aliens are a brand new thing" plot line that the DCW is working with.

Preacher wrote: »
    Honestly the biggest bit of whiplash for this season from last is how bad the DEO was at doing their jobs. Like last season they seemed to be dealing with rando aliens who just happened to pick national city, but apparently aliens live there and exist there all the time and the DEO had no fucking clue.

Its one thing I hated about how Sawyer was introduced, she had to clown on Alex and crew so we think she's so whizbang and that bugs.

Hanks thing about all aliens still being dangerous that the president shouldn't give rights too is also a bit off-putting. Like, technically, Hank and Kara have no rights. The military or someone else could round them up and there would be nothing that they could do about it because they aren't people. It's like an illegal Mexican wanting to vote for Donald Trump, it makes no sense...

Honestly I think they want Hank and the martian manhunter to be two separate characters because he literally acts like that.

pleasepaypreacher.net