As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Acquisitors, Part Four

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Acquisitors, Part Four

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    LittlestarsLittlestars Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I haven't been wholly engaged by this arc but!!! I cracked up at "with relentless enthusiasm" and again with "ingest an unknown substance to determine its toxicity."

Brought back an old game moment for me. Way back when I got an snes rpg import, and I didn't have my decoder ring to know the moonspeak that told me what items did what. I'd give mystery items to my second string fighter and observe the reaction. Several potion-looking items caused fainting, poison, paralysis, petrification, and my favorite, straight-up hp damage. Woe to the cavalier would-be acquisitioner, read that contract carefully.

Littlestars on
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    His only out now is to prove that the bear isn't truly evil.

Tune in Monday to see if Binwin will learn the true nature of his betrothed's kind, ursine heart only to break it.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    "Marry an evil bear ingest an unknown substance to determine its toxicity" is quite a complicated bullet point.

• Options
    Giancarlo MagnoGiancarlo Magno Registered User regular
    So what? Any normal contract nowadays stipulates those exact terms and conditions. I just check mine and it does.

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    Don't forget about the agreement to be set on fire at coworker discretion!

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm sure he read, "Punch Death," and figured it already sounded like a great contract.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Rune stuff... lmao

• Options
    identeregareidenteregare Registered User regular
    "Marry an evil bear ingest an unknown substance to determine its toxicity" is quite a complicated bullet point.

That's because it's actually two separate points ("Marry an evil bear", "Ingest an unknown substance to determine its toxicity") on a checklist. (The asterisks are the checkmarks.)
    Luckily(?) for Binwin, the latter of the two items is unchecked (and I assume that means the duty falls to Jim).

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    this reminds me of something I've been wondering about Acq. Inc. The whole shebang started in 2008 with the podcasts. Rothfuss's "Name of the Wind" was published in 2007. His character Viari has a little cameo in "Name of the Wind," which I enjoyed because I'd heard him in AI before I read the book, so I was like "oh cool, he used one of his book characters for D&D!" But then they explain a bit more about him:
    I turned to Wilem. "Who was that?"
    "One of Lorren's gillers," Wil said. "Viari."
    "He's a scriv?" I said incredulously, thinking of the pale, quiet students who worked in the Archives, sorting, scribing, and fetching books.
    Wil shook his head. "He works in acquisitions. They bring back books from all over the world. They're a different breed entirely."

Did Rothfuss pick that character on purpose? Or is it just a mildly-mindblowing coincidence?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    So a marsupitoth is an evil bear?
    I was hoping it was going to be some sort of ferocious diprotodont.

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    So what? Any normal contract nowadays stipulates those exact terms and conditions. I just check mine and it does.

Seriously. I'm on my 3rd bearriage at this job.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan