As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Not a Dream! Not a Hoax! Not an Imaginary [Superhero Thread]!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I like the new version of the DD symbol

Like, I could do with becoming even more stylized, it's such a weird symbol otherwise

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Preacher is a garbage fire comic imo

It's just bad

Bad characters, bad plot, the list goes on

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I remember reading it alongside Transmetropolitan. I remember AssFace becoming a rockstar. And learning what a golden shower was at way too young an age.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I don't like that Daredevil costume. It seems...uninspired.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Unlettered Daredevil #1 Preview
    Daredevil-1-Preview-2-7c57c.jpg
    Daredevil-1-Preview-3-b5a8d.jpg
    I'm liking the costume a lot more with the coloring and art style it was intended to be shown in

The art is really reminiscent of Ye Olde Frank Miller and Born Again Era JRJR, I personally dig it a bunch

I'm not really a fan of this new costume

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    It reminds me of his horrible 90's costume

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    God I can't wait for some concrete details on Iron Fist so all of this rumor bullshit will go away

People are constantly showing me it and it is driving me nuts

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Why are people constantly showing you stuff about one of your favorite characters shows being cancelled

That seems mean

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    M-Tee wrote: »
    Lookin to add something to my RSS feed for comic news. Primarily movie & TV announcements, but maybe even new series, etc.

Had SuperHeroHype on there, but the amount of fluff pieces and cosplay coverage outweighs the actual news, and I'd like something more focused in my feed.

Suggestions?

@M-Tee Comics Alliance, Multiversity Comics

• Options
    Why are people constantly showing you stuff about one of your favorite characters shows being cancelled

That seems mean

People suck.

• Options

That seems mean
    They aren't, like, rubbing it in my face or anything

Well one dude was cause he absolutely loves The Punisher but other than that it's mostly HEY DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS???

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Iron Fist is still like 2 years away, why is it that not announcing the most preliminary of preliminary work gets taken as "THIS THING'S CANCELLED"

Are people constantly speculating that Infinity War has been cancelled cause they aren't talking about it yet?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Iron Fist is still like 2 years away, why is it that not announcing the most preliminary of preliminary work gets taken as "THIS THING'S CANCELLED"

Are people constantly speculating that Infinity War has been cancelled cause they aren't talking about it yet?

Imagine a world before the Internet when newspapers and magazines spread news around the world. Now imagine a generation of people not trained with that patience.

• Options

It's mostly because it is by far the" weirdest " of the Netflix shows and we've heard a lot about every other show so far so everyone wants to assume OH THAT MEANS THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I feel like we're entering an era where 'this is too weird/niche to be a big thing' is going away

people can find their audiences

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I was going to use Inhumans as my example of movies people don't speculate about if it's still happening and then I remembered that people say Inhumans is cancelled ALL THE TIME

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I was going to use Inhumans as my example of movies people don't speculate about if it's still happening and then I remembered that people say Inhumans is cancelled ALL THE TIME

My 'favorite' is movie/tv news/rumors sites actively shitting on the idea of an announced property every coming out

But trolling those sites for power rangers news has taught me that almost every single one of those places is a fucking cesspool

Collider seems ok.

• Options
    I feel like we're entering an era where 'this is too weird/niche to be a big thing' is going away

Oh I absolutely agree

But it doesn't stop people

Like remember that one of the biggest talking points about it being cancelled is Marvel having no idea what to do with it meanwhile there was a ton of foreshadowing in Daredevil and Jeryn Hogarth is a major character in Jessica Jones so that is objectively untrue

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Which is dumb because one of the best shows on TV is slow burning it into mainstream consciousness. Then boom a movie about the royal family.

• Options
    Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur letterless preview
    Moon_Girl_and_Devil_Dinosaur_1_Preview_1.jpg
    Moon_Girl_and_Devil_Dinosaur_1_Preview_2.jpg
    Moon_Girl_and_Devil_Dinosaur_1_Preview_3.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Become an invincible superhero as you fly through a procedurally generated city fighting off an alien invasion in first person in Sony's "Megaton Rainfall." Apparently inspired by Superman I and II.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/2/9658096/first-person-superhero-adventure-megaton-rainfall-coming-to-ps4-and

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    That Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur art is very very charming.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Become an invincible superhero as you fly through a procedurally generated city fighting off an alien invasion in first person in Sony's "Megaton Rainfall." Apparently inspired by Superman I and II.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/2/9658096/first-person-superhero-adventure-megaton-rainfall-coming-to-ps4-and

Trailer seems more inspired by Man of Steel

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Keith wrote: »

Trailer seems more inspired by Man of Steel

I'm glad the n64 Goldeneye Soundtrack is back in vogue.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

It's mostly because it is by far the" weirdest " of the Netflix shows and we've heard a lot about every other show so far so everyone wants to assume OH THAT MEANS THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING

It's also the one they have already set up the most, including trailers for Jessica Jones

I don't buy any of these rumors

Man is the whackest animal.

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So, I finished the first season of Gotham.

It is... a show.

I have thoughts.

But I am going to endure, for all of us.

@Rorshach Kringle, will you join me on this journey?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I'm liking the costume a lot more with the coloring and art style it was intended to be shown in

The art is really reminiscent of Ye Olde Frank Miller and Born Again Era JRJR, I personally dig it a bunch

That colouring kind of reminds me of Moon Knight, but with red instead of white. It looks great.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I still don't personally know anyone outside of these forums that actually watches Agents of SHIELD so I have no way of estimating to what extent Inhumans are entering the public consciousness

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I still don't personally know anyone outside of these forums that actually watches Agents of SHIELD so I have no way of estimating to what extent Inhumans are entering the public consciousness

I would go ahead and guess "not at all"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Hey speaking of AoS
    this dude is an ASTRONAUT and says he's "not very science-y"
    Do you guys know anything about astronauts

• Options
    3.8 million people watched last week's episode. That's a lot of people you don't personally know.

• Options
    joshgotro wrote: »
    3.8 million people watched last week's episode. That's a lot of people you don't personally know.

Sure! I'm just speaking anecdotally here

• Options
    Hey speaking of AoS

Well, in The Martian
    An astronaut starts speaking technically and another astronaut gives them the ol' "SPEAK ENGLISH" treatment

So apparently even astronauts don't know science

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hey speaking of AoS
    He specifically military and was only on the mission as protection for the scientists.

• Options
    Hey speaking of AoS
    He specifically military and was only on the mission as protection for the scientists.

Yeah if I'd waited 2 minutes before posting I would have had my answer

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

That colouring kind of reminds me of Moon Knight, but with red instead of white. It looks great.

I was already on board for the new Daredevil (despite never reading any other Daredevil) simply because I really enjoyed She-Hulk and want to read Soule write another book with a lawyer in it. That art style cements it for me though - that's pretty great.

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Hey speaking of AoS
    That whole thing was just weird to me. His story kinda made it seem like he was only there to provide security on the mission and to keep all of the actual scientists from going violent with space madness, and that NASA even gave him a handgun for that purpose, which just struck me as odd.

I'm hoping for a "this person isn't what they seem" thing, rather than a "we needed this human person to both be on an alien planet and not be well-versed in science and this is the best we could think of" thing.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Wait a minute
    AoS
    Was that just a kiss or is there an implication that they boned down?
    TV visual language has made it such that if I don't see a shot of one of them waking up next to the other I have no way of knowing

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Wait a minute
    AoS
    Was that just a kiss or is there an implication that they boned down?
    TV visual language has made it such that if I don't see a shot of one of them waking up next to the other I have no way of knowing

Yes, there was an implication.
    It showed their cots pushed together at one point.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Episode Titles/Synopses for the next few episodes of Flash
    No brakes now.

5. The Darkness and the Light (November 3, 2015)
    DR. LIGHT COMES THROUGH THE BREACH — Barry learns that a new breacher, Dr. Light (Malese Jow), the doppelganger of Linda Park, has come through the portal and sets off to capture her. Jay tells Barry that Dr. Light was not a threat on Earth-2 and that Barry can reason with her. However, during a fight, she blinds him and drops some shocking news about Zoom. Meanwhile, Barry and Patty go out on a date.

6. Enter Zoom (November 10, 2015)
    BARRY COMES UP WITH A PLAN TO DEFEAT ZOOM — After recent events, Barry decides it’s time to confront Zoom and comes up with a dangerous plan. Caitlin sides with Jay and deems it too dangerous for Barry to engage with the speed demon. However, Iris shows her support and brings forth a surprising ally. Wells reminisces about his life on Earth-2 before coming through the breach.

7. Gorilla Warfare (November 17, 2015)
    GRODD RETURNS - Gorilla Grodd returns to Central City and kidnaps Caitlin. Barry races to find her before it’s too late. Meanwhile, Cisco plans his first date with the new barista at Jitters, Kendra Saunders (Ciara Renee) and Patty begins to suspect Barry is hiding something from her.

8. Title Unknown
    Barry recruits Green Arrow (Stephen Amell) to help him uncover the secrets of Kendra's abilities and protect her from the powerful immortal Vandal Savage (Casper Crump).

9. Title Unknown
    The Trickster (Mark Hamill) and the Weather Wizard (Liam McIntyre) break out of Iron Heights penitentiary and join forces to wreak havoc in Central City during Christmas Eve. Barry races against time to stop them, while Iris struggles with family issues and Caitlin and Jay grow closer. Zoom makes his move.

Man

This season is going nuts from the jump and I love it so much

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.